Father died a week ago. Mother died 2 days ago...

Father died a week ago. Mother died 2 days ago. The bank is going to take it if I can't pay the mortgage (which I can't). I am an only child, out of college, no car/job/contacts. I have a degree in music. Wat do.

Other urls found in this thread:

anonyourself.club
citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/mortgage-problems/how-to-sort-out-your-mortgage-problems/selling-your-property-to-clear-mortgage-debts/#don't_just_hand_back_the_keys_to_your_mortgage_lender_or_wait_to_get_evicted
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>which i cant

have you ever thought about getting a job,since most people who whine about things like this are bums who want other's to pay for all their shit

What state are you in?

An hero

what the fuck do you want a house for if you are alone. and did they not have life insurance?

Sell off the stuff you're willing to sell. How much is the mortgage and what state?

And now wonderwall

You can sell the house even though the mortgage isnt paid. Talk to a realtor. Find someone you trust whose older, maybe a professor or something. Ideally, someone whose moved a few times and understand buying and selling a house. Explain the situation. You're gonna be okay user. But your gonna hafta liquidate the house, pay off the mortgage with the money from the sale, and whatever is left (owed) pay off over time if theres debt leftover. I'm only 25 so I'm not sure how it all works. In the meantime start looking for a job and an apartment. I highly recommend getting a skilled labor job as a landscaper, construction, plumbers assistant, electricians assistant .. whatever. Pay will suck when you have no experience but you'll get good pay soon enough. Run ads on craigslist to give instrument lessons or whatever in the evenings for some side money. Maybe you'll get lucky and strike something to use your music degree somewhere along the lines, but for now just get a job.

Sell the house and pay off the mortgage.

Move into a cheaper place.

Sell your ass

Oh and for god's sakes get a POS car so you can actually get to a job and interviews and stuff. I hope you have some inheritance money.. uber if you have to or whatever for now I guess to get to interviews. Also don't be afraid to tell the interviewer your situation. I have worked a lot of construction landscaping jobs and the guys who run the companies often are happy to be able to help someone who NEEDS work to turn their life around. Also it lets them know you need the job, therefore you will hopefully bust your ass to keep it.

>I have a degree in music.

wtf were you thinking?

This. I have a friend with a degree in music who's been super successful as a shoe salesman at Belk's (which is hilarious since he is a man), and does guitar lessons on the side for like, $40 a pop. Doing pretty well for himself.

Stop the government from monitoring all your online activity. A VPN will make it look like your physical ip address is from another country, keeping you hidden, anonymous and worry free. Plus you have all the benefits of viewing region locked content anonyourself.club

He was thinking that eventually he'd land a job he likes (and he probably will). Not everyone goes to college to become wealthy, some of us do it to pursue careers we actually care about instead of becoming construction workers and toil for the rest of our lives.

>Implying I don't love being a construction worker
Pays good, I work with my hands, I build cool shit all day everyday and am proud to see the results. Also can drive around my county and point out buildings I built or worked on. Pretty cool job desu, and the chicks dig it

Quads checked

checked

I'm glad you like it. Most of us wouldn't. Good for you that you have a job you like without having to have gone through college, but that's not realistic for everyone. I'd be miserable doing that because I love science and want to be working with my hands on insects. Had to get my master's for that work, and there was slim work where I lived, so I had to move cross country. I now love my job!

He works hard and averages over 60k a year. Fine... not SUPER successful, but doing part time work plus the work you actual want to do and being able to make a decent living is successful by my book.

I have a degree. In Biology. Worked as a park ranger for a few years and I loved being outside, interacting with visitors and doing wildlife restoration projects.. unfortunately though most of the job was spent on stupid bullshit. Paperwork, endless training and webinars and conference calls. Pay grades are based on longevity (and nothing else) so people who don't work get rewarded as well as people who bust ass. Also I was disgusted with the current trend of only hiring Minority/Women/Disabled/Veterans. I tried to get another job at another park, its basically impossible for a white man to get hired. A minority women with 0 experience would trump my 3 years if she had a degree more or less. Its affirmative action. We had this chick working at our park who we couldnt get fired because she was all of the above (minority/women/disabled/veteran) even though she never showed up to work. She came in a couple days a week and hardly stayed a full day. Anyway, enough bitching. I was tired of all the redtape you go through in a job like that. Also working in public service made me hate the public.

>degree in music

top kek

anyway.... tldr, I got a degree, got a job I thought I would love, but quickly burned out and began to resent it. Been doing construction a few years now and already starting to plan for the day I start my own small crew. Entomology was such a headache for me man, glad you enjoy it tho

You dont know what you are talking about. He will owe the bank NOTHING if the house is sold and the sale price doesn't cover the mortgage. Your debt is not passed on to your offspring when you die.

fpbp

Make sure you sell the house even if the mortage isnt paid off

If the bank repossess it, you lose everything

Fuck you. My mom actually died 2 days ago. I hope your shitposting makes you happy faggot OP.

try being an Asian man

Aww man, really? I guess I'm a bit of an entomology nerd, but it's so hard to imagine it not being fascinating! Wing veins and dichotomous keys mabye though...:P

>You dont know what you are talking about.

"I'm only 25 so I'm not sure how it all works"

I literally said that in my post. Thats why I told him to talk to a trusted adult friend like professor or find a realtor and explain. But I was first ITT to point out that he isnt fucked he just needs to sell house so take your shitposting elsewhere

lmfao

Not true

>instead of becoming construction workers

whyd you have to say that brah

Truth. America is still racist... against Asian men, followed by white men. Black people and women are given extra privileges in society for their race/gender.

I only took Systematic Ent. so all we did was identification, keys, and history of tax..

nice quads you have there but don't do "This" replies, thats so fucking reddit you fag

Because that was the example used, and I for one, would be miserable doing it. I didn't really mean that construction workers are somehow lesser, I just think most people would hate it.

If the bank would make you pay the difference, why the hell would you even go through the trouble of selling the house? Just walk away from it.

Also, who says the mortgage is upside down? He could potentially sell the house and keep the rest.

He can't "sell the house" if he has no legal right or equity you imbecile

>degree in music

Write a song about it faggot

care to elaborate rather than being a jackass?

I'm fine with that, not with some faggot making up bullshit looking for sympathy for his own fucked up autistic life. I'm not looking for anyone's pity, unlike OP.

No, its not... unless he accepts the estate... if he signs to take on the estate, all that debt becomes his as it is also part of the estate he signed to take over.

If he leaves it be and the State takes it all, he owes nothing

yw

What is it?

i lost my job last friday. im poor. my mom died when i was in high school. all my family is pretty much dead except for my dad. we dont have rent for next month. ive never had a car so jobs are hard to find. i understand your pain. im also an only child. do the only thing you can. try to deal with whatever happens the best that you can. theres really no easy way out.

The bank cant "make you pay the difference" on a mortgage you're not even a signor on for a house you don't even have legal rights to. So much stupidity in this thread

This. I'm a Carpenter. Been doing it for two years now and even though some days suck I'm proud of what I do. These wealthy people with nice houses couldn't have nice houses without the people who build them.

>theres really no easy way out

While this is true, I would advise him to at least look into selling the house. If the bank forecloses they will "sell" the house. Foreclosures generally result in a house being sold for much less than it's worth (basically, the bank doesn't want a house so they try to mitigate their losses by getting something out of it). If that happens, yes you will owe nothing to the bank but you also get nothing.

If you have time (I don't know the foreclosure laws in your state or what kind of contract you have but if your parents died days ago I'd say that you're not in risk of being put out on the street in a couple of days) you should look into actually selling the house. If you have a couple of months and it's not a shitty house you might even be able to make more than enough to pay the mortgage and have some money to get you a new place. A foreclosure sale will not give you a real chance of that happening.

Partially correct. More nuances than you explain but at least you have ageneral idea of how mortgages and estates work.

citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/mortgage-problems/how-to-sort-out-your-mortgage-problems/selling-your-property-to-clear-mortgage-debts/#don't_just_hand_back_the_keys_to_your_mortgage_lender_or_wait_to_get_evicted

This is the citizen advice in UK but it says you wanna sell the house and not wait to be evicted because
- youll have less charges
- youll probably get a better price than the bank who just want to sell it quick, so might not even sell it enough to cover the mortgage

I would assume the principles would be the same anywhere

degree in music

good fucking job, while most people only make a hobby out of it u had to become a uselss member to society and major in a useless degree.

YOURE the one who's giving all these suit-wearing, cigar-smoking, swindling business-pigs their houses?

STOP HELPING THOSE UNWORTHY PEOPLE.

>I have a degree in music
can you say "please pull up to the window"?

If I had the drive I would have done this. I'm glad we still have people who appreciate the arts.

My buddy got lucky. No music but he went from working dead end jobs to a lighting tech for Broadway. He hangs out with a few famous people and makes a killing.

OP could be a sound tech for a job if he wanted. He's got a degree or at least is working on one. My friend had zero experience.

there is a reason they call it starving artist.

Why is a 25 year old so helpless? I had a wife, kid, mortgage, and career at that age.

fuck off baby boomer, times are a lot tougher now but you wouldnt know

Already a slave with a family at 25? Good for you

Its a logical assumption that his parents had wills, and when they died, ownership of the house was transferred to the son. In conclusion, fuck yourself for being a literal retard

Cut him some slack you faggot, both his parents died in quick succession, I'd feel helpless too.

i am currently 23 years old with a husband, mortgage, and career. it's not that difficult

>>I have a degree in music
I'm sorry you didn't learn something useful.

What makes "useful" a thing to aspire to?

Lol. Good for them for getting a good job. And we work mostly in developments. These are middle class homes. Have built a million dollar home before.

I love my job. Always wanted to do it. Really want to build furniture but that will come with time.

not everyone wants to settle and become a slave drone in their early 20s

How much does your husband make compared to you, out of curiousity

>either a troll or a clueless adult

Put it up for sale yourself. Bank cant sell it in mist juristictions if you've already started the process. You'll likely get a better deal then if they firesale it. Then use the procedes to buy a smaller place or get an apartment and a job like the rest of us.

He doesn't help them, he gets paid by them
That's a big difference
And what? Act like a child and don't take the big money just because muh communism? I swear all of you leftards should be drowned, I bet your fucking ass you're still living off your parents with an art degree
You in the first place are unworthy to fucking breathe

yeah, not that difficult when youre a woman and can leech off a man while you pretend to have a career

>sponging off parents

>can pay for all my costs (except for shelter) for the next 10 years with all these scholarships

keep chasing the dollar, user

but user, thats a man, married a rich old fuck

>im a girl btw

well the point still stands

Have you ever thought about learning how to read and write properly (which you can't)? Do you expect others to learn how to do it for you? By "others" I mean the plural form of "other." Do you comprehend, faggot?