Promise me Ned...never tell your wife you are protecting your sister's kid...

>Promise me Ned...never tell your wife you are protecting your sister's kid...tell her he is a bastard thus ensuring her eternal hate for him...please Ned, he was a good friend. Also, you must murder these women too so no one will ever find out the identity of my son.

smart plan, Tullys are dumb fucking shits

This. Cat would have fucked it up somehow.

>Telling a woman you've met literally once that your sister whose abduction just caused a war with a massive death toll was actually okay with it and had a baby by the guy who took her

Cat was a dumbfuck so I don't blame Ned. He probably could have told her later, but still.

Reminder that Cat thought Littlefinger was 100% trustworthy and the entire War of the Five Kings was started based on a lie he told her

Ned was entirely right to not trust her with Jon's life

God damn, I hate Catelyn. She was terrible enough in the books, but the way her character was portrayed in the show is an abomination of humanity. My only wish is they would have had her claw her fucking face to shreds in the show, too.

Game of Thrones had the potential to be in the same tier as Sopranos but, alas, D/D's writing post-book material is a failed abortion with a coat hanger bad.

Yeah, I'm mad.

Did you recall how in season 1 Catelyn basically fucked shit up BEHIND Ned's back and Ned paid for it all?

I don't like how they protected her by not having her be as shit to Jon as she is in the books. It's made pretty blatant in the novel that Cat won't tolerate Jon staying in Ned's absence and basically forces him into the Watch. She's an absolute cunt to him.

Only right answer. Thread over.

>Hey, dad. I'm gonna head up to the Wall, freeze my balls off, and probably die a virgin because your wife hates me so much that I can't stay here. Unless there's anything you can say to her to make her hate me less. Nothing? Okay, then. I hope I don't end up like that guy you beheaded in the first scene of the story.

B-but muh feminism

The show makes it worse because she said she would be nice to him after he was sick as a kid.

Well if anyone found out he was Rhaegar's son he'd immediately get his head on the spike and Ned would at best end up at the Wall.

No need to risk it at the time.

Would've told Lannisters to try and buy Sansa, told Littlefinger or told Master Lewyn etc. She was a complete dumbass.

why didnt he just tell catelyn who jon was? did he really not trust his OWN WIFE?

>Hey Son, I will tell you everything you need to know about your mom when we see each other again
>Dies

He killed them?

>Catelyn Stark tells Talisa Stark that when her husband's bastard Jon Snow became ill as an infant, she prayed to the Seven to let him live, and in return promised to love him and ask her husband to legitimize him. Jon recovered, but Lady Stark did not stay true to her vow.

Why is she so shit bros?

Catelyn would have fucked it up and gotten him killed if he told her.

you guys are talking as if this story is well written. george rr didnt know jon was rhaegards son until like the 3rd book

shit writing

Just read through book 1, and this was overwhelmingly the case. She's done more than Littlefinger to fuck shit up and she's been the doom of the Stark family, a family she clearly harbored some sort of contempt for since the beginning of the story.

I doubt Robert would have punished Ned that severely, but he'd definitely have wanted Jon dead.

They were literally a thrown together arranged marriage because Brandon got killed, they'd met a grand total of once before Ned went away to war. He could have told her later but honestly Cat was a dumbshit.

Because he promised Lyanna he wouldn't tell anyone and Ned is an autist when it comes to this stuff.

Literally 95% of the support for R+L=J came from a single chapter in the first book. It was one of the very first things GRRM decided on. He always knew who Jon's real parents were.

Catelyn Tully - worst character, best fucking chapters

Red wedding
Stannis v renly ( one of my favorite early asoiaf chapters)
Renly death
Brianne reveal
The whispering wood
Robb's shenanigans
Dat stoneheart reveal at the end of asos