fuckin pigs, man

Other urls found in this thread:

thefreethoughtproject.com/7-simple-steps-fighting-speeding-ticket-win/
youtube.com/watch?v=hc14gU-OSMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cucked

maybe not go 15 over the limit?

Gotta protect the mean streets of Corvallis

Don't blame the cops, you're the idiot who cannot into speed LIMIT.

Don't break the law, you don't get a fine. Pretty simple, OP.

Just don't fucking speed. Are you retarded?

I'd pull you over too in a fucking '08 Saturn

yep, a real loser

Demand to face your accuser in court, then ask if said accuser has any tangible evidence of you speeding.
Innocent until PROVEN guilty nigga.
9.9/10 he will not be able to produce any evidence other than anecdote that you were speeding. Burden of proof lies on the accuser.

did the Saturn start smoking when you got it up to 35?

What motive would the cop have to lie about him speeding?

If you're looking for retarded advice OP, here it is

40 on a 25 caught by radar is basically noise. The officer is being a fag

>try to drag out a speeding ticket hearing
>judge gets pissed at you for wasting the court's time
>fine goes even higher
Good advice, user.

it is good advice if op is a girl. otherwise he is fucked

I'm jealous! I love getting tickets.

fuck you guys Saturn is the real deal

This post is basically noise. The OP is being a reckless driver.

Call blm they will help

Constitution my nigga! Now whether it would work or not idk

>Saturn is the real deal

KEK

Doesn't matter if there is motive or not, tangible evidence must be presented in order to prove the accused guilty of speeding.

Wasting the court's time is the best thing to do here as it is demonstrative that 'catching' speeders in the name of revenue generation is fucking retarded.
The fine cannot be increased.
Since the court does not want their time wasted they will dismiss the case.

This would imply that every single ticket you get that wasn't filmed can be avoided by bringing it to court.

Are you sure they wouldn't just call your bullshit for such a mundane offense?

So if there's no evidence, they're going to assume the cop lied. But why would he lie? He has no reason to, he would just be doing a disservice to himself having to deal with this shit.

seriously tho op, take it to court and ask for the radar calibration documents. Radars are supposed to be calibrated before each use and 9.9/10 are never re-calibrated or hardly serviced. Police are lazy. Youll be thrown out on technicalities and just have to pay court costs.

In every jurisdiction I've ever appeared in, the cop is always considered to be an expert witness when it comes to the estimate of a defendant's speed. Radar or not, the evidence is he will say that it was you wot done it, and that is going to stick like a nigger sticks to KFC as his primary diet choice.

most traffic laws are civil offenses
not criminal offenses
that means that guilt has to be proven with the preponderance of evidence (it is more likely that you are guilty than you are not)
and as a pig's word is more believable in court than yours
that means you have to have a witness other than yourself or physical evidence that contradicts the pig's testimony

but you do win if the pig doesn't show

The prosecutor will subpoena the radar gun's calibration certificate. OP can do his best to argue that he was far enough away from the officer that the officer may not have gotten a good bead on him and the unit picked up a larger, faster-moving object, but it's a difficult defense that is nearly certain to fail unless you were pulled over near train tracks or something.

The best OP can hope for is to grill the officer and hope that either the officer lies outright or misspeaks.

Had an officer testify once that he calibrated the radar unit. The calibration certificate said otherwise -- different officer's name on it. I'm sure what the officer meant was that he VERIFIED the unit's calibration, but that isn't what he said. I walked.

Fuck that. Accept responsibility, stump up for the fine, move on.

It really is the case. Most people do not, because they do not have the time to take off from work to appear in court, so they just pay the fine and be on their way.

He lied in the name of revenue generation. It literally does not matter if he lies or not, what matters is what can be upheld in the court of law- which is evidence. Basically he needs to have evidence in order for his claim to hold, no evidence means empty claims, empty claims means case dismissed.

so what, what are they gonna do?

fuck you, thats 3 points, the fine and a mark on car insurance premiums. Fuck You

All you can do is question the accuracy of the radar device used. But they regularly maintain and calibrate them, and keep records, so you would have to catch them slipping.

You're only real bet is that the officer doesn't show up on your court date. Sort of a myth that they regularly don't, but they do.

Or take defensive driving and wipe the ticket away. Unless this isn't an option for you because you speed regularly. In which case you just suck.

I have actually done this with plenty of speeding and passing stop sign tickets.

If I actually admitted guilty my license would be suspended by now.

Half the time the cop doesn't show up and the case is dismissed. Other times you just reschedule until the cop doesn't show up and you get let off again. It's annoying but better than having points on your license

>but you do win if the pig doesn't show

Almost never happens. They're likely to get reprimanded for not showing up, and they make overtime pay for appearing in court if they're not scheduled to work during that time.

If you're counting on the officer not showing up, OP, and that's the best chance you think u you've got, just pay the ticket.

that's not too bad; the police towed my car yesterday. i came in the the police HQ to see what happened today, and they told me they were in a chase with my car a few nights ago so they confiscated it. tomorrow i have to look for lawyers, because i honestly think i'd remember getting into a police chase. usually a lawyer is not the route i take, where i live its usually easy to plea bargain shit. but guess what im on probation for right now? fleeing from the cops. i dont know how this will work out, i recently met a girl that i really like, and if i go to prison it will mostly suck because obviously id be disappointing my mom, and ruining a perfectly good relationship with a girl that i truly vibe with for once.

tl;dr
rib me

May not be able to increase fine, but they can tack on court fees like fucking crazy. It's ridiculous.

>can reschedule
>cop doesn't show
>I win

Uh... what state do you live in where the defense can continue/reschedule a case and the prosecution can't? Here, if the cop doesn't show -- a rare, rare occurrence -- the prosecution will continue the case and it gets rescheduled.

That's not all there is to it. I don't feel like explaining this on Sup Forums. Read the thread.

>3 points, the fine and a mark on car insurance premiums.
The only time I ever got a speeding ticket I was given the option of a higher fine and no points on my license.
Don't drive like a retard playing NEED5SPEED and you won't have this problem to begin with.

You are crying because you are facing the consequences of your own actions. Stop being a bitch, realize that those speed LIMITS are there for a reason, and drive like a reasonably intelligent mammal from now on.

Or listen to the anons suggesting that you cause more trouble for yourself by wasting the court's time. Especially the guy who doesn't think the judge can tack on an extra fine, that's actually pretty funny, honestly. Give a big, loud, dramatic speech about government overreach targeting underrepresented poor civilians, don't forget to look to the other people in the courtroom waiting their turn and yell "CAN I GET AN AMEN, BROTHERS?" What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Quoted wrong post... meant this one...

Nah your post was solid. I just qouted the wrong post.

op, take a look at this
thefreethoughtproject.com/7-simple-steps-fighting-speeding-ticket-win/

a cop can post a radar on a hill or on a curve to get "cosine error" on their radar detector. This can add a significant margin of error on low speed cars.

Note that the article will probably not help you fight the ticket, it will just confirm the cop set a trap for your ass

unless u have a lot of time in ur hands this is impractical

says highway broski

Wish I were given this option in NC. Would love to still have zero points on my license.

Nah not fuck me, you did the wrong thing and got pulled up on it, take that shit on the chin and don't waste others time trying to weasel out of it like a little bitch.

if you don't want the points (and consequently an additional $1000 of insurance premiums spread over 5 years)
research your local laws
there will almost certainly be a non-moving violation that is a more severe infraction (class A or B misdemeanor instead of class C) with a higher fine ($50-100)
because it is a non-moving violation it will not get you points or affect your insurance premiums
and because it puts more money in the city/county's pocket the judge and DA will almost always allow you to plea up

i feel ya man
i got charged with reckless driving and doing 64 in a 35 at night, theyre always trying to put a hole in your pocket

>will probably not help you fight the ticket
Then you're better off just paying it.
While you going to court may be a rare occasion, probably the first time you've ever seen that judge in your life, you can bet your ass that the cop has been in there dozens of times and the judge knows who he is. You may think that you have a fair chance of convincing the judge you've never met before that this cop you've never met before isn't legit, but unless you live in a large city (OP doesn't) or that cop is a total rookie the judge is going to assume (correctly) that you're just trying to weasel out of a legit speeding ticket.

Admit you were wrong, don't make the judge's job harder than it already is, and he'll probably go fairly easy on you. Try to play hardball and you'll learn the hard way that judges have WAY more power than you think they do.

you're lucky it was at night
if there had been anyone around you could have been charged with criminal reckless endangerment for each person
and if there were kids around criminal reckless endangerment of a minor
both charges have massive fines and could carry a prison term

I love how there are a thousand faggots on here acting like they have never sped, or that they didn't immediately research how to get out of a ticket when they did.

Research your state laws faggot OP.

In CA you can contest a ticket without going to court.

If your state doesn't allow for a Trial by Written Declaration you're basically fucked if you have to show up in person in court.

If you fight it, you have to go in 100% NOT GUILTY. ANY admission of guilt will automatically force the judge to rule against you.

Hopefully you can do a TbWD, the cop has almost no incentives to write his side of the story, it's just more paperwork and he doesn't get paid anything more for it like he does if you go to court.

Ya'll talkin bout "own up to it" are 100% fags. It's your American right to contest a ticket and your new right to weasel out of it the same way your new perma-leader Trump does in everything else.

Fags

the entire process is flawed from top to bottom.
those laws arent there to protect us theyre there to control us.
the most intelligent thing you can do is be a thorn in societies side and waste everyones time.

So... you were speeding and you got pulled over. Why is this the cops fault, except for the fact that you're from corvallis so the micro aggressions were probably too much for you to bear. Idiot

Try not speeding

>the most intelligent thing you can do is be a thorn in societies side and waste everyones time.
let me guess: half-drunk pothead?
The most intelligent thing you can do is drive defensively and put the safety of others (as well as yourself) above your "right" to leave late and speed to get there on time.
Grow up before you run over someone's kid or wrap yourself around a telephone pole. The speed limit isn't some fiendish communist conspiracy, it's an attempt to prevent you from killing yourself and others out of sheer stupidity.

Learn to drive, retard.

>and drive like a reasonably intelligent mammal from now on.

So I'm driving to work the other day when a fucking impala in a RAV4 cuts me off...

>highway
>designated speed: 25
Should be called Cuckvallis.

fucking race traitor
any impala driving anything other than a chevy impala should be fed to the cheatahs

there goes your McDonalds paycheck

Court costs would most likely be higher than the fine itself.

This. I asked the judge to provide proof that I ran a stop sign and she said the cop's testimony was enough.

I started on a rant about quotas and how even if there's no official quota system, it exists de facto because a cop who generates more ticket revenue will get better performance reviews than an otherwise identical cop.

She started to get annoyed, so I said I changed my plea to no contest. Paid my bullshit $275 fine on the way out and went on with my life.

That explains why they stopped making them

Damn those unreasonable impalas.

checked

stop being a fucking idiot kid. you think you didnt do anything wrong? get a fucking dashcam.

Quit speeding dipshit... you fucking retarded ?

>kid

I was 39 at the time. Only the second ticket I'd ever gotten in my life. I've made three Benjamins every day before I have digested my lunch, so no big shit to pay it and be done with it.

Moron if that were even half true you'd never brought it up in the first place...cuz you know "Mr Big Money... you can throw that kinda money out the window.. Except you work at Mc D's and live with your mothers 23 cats in the basement. Dumbass.

I am an IT manager for the worlds highest-revenue pharmaceutical company. Never worked at McDonald's in my life. But go ahead and project your loser ass shortcomings on everyone else.

I manage a string of hotels in the san francissco bay area

if yer rollini' 40 in my hood and I notice you parking, your tires are toast

That's the second most interesting thing to happen in Corvallis

Actually I'M in IT... put your money where your mouth is bitch ... tell me what state I'm in by my IP

>radar

Cool. I don't get to San Francisco much these days. When I was starting off with my company, I used to go to Oracle all the time for a shit ton of training. Maybe I stayed at one of your properties.

Take it from Jim Carrey

this is where you file a lawsuit or shoot the place either works

Should I be running some gay browser extension to get your IP? I don't give enough fucks for that shit.

Saturn was still making cars in 08?

Ask when was the last time his radar gun was calibrated. 100% it's expired.

rofl... and this is why I'm sure jodges are going to get shot the fuck up in the future for shit like this. its already happened and needs to happen more times. fuck judges let them burn and fucking rot in hell.

at least he gets a paycheck probably unlike you. massive keks.

>leaving the agency name for Sup Forums to see

Thank you. I will be emailing this whole thread to that police department.

Imagine if this makes it to the judge... you won't be getting out of this ticket. Suck it faggot and don't speed

youtube.com/watch?v=hc14gU-OSMM

You deserved it you HUGE FAGGOT

what a fucking retard

Are you 4 years old tattletale?

Suck a shit encrusted dic

>tattletale?

I think it is you who is 4 years old.

THIS! Godspeed brother. I don't liked speeders.

lol wat a fag

>samefagging this hard

>samegayin this hard

well yeah, one of the reasons i want a lawyer is because the cop's view on why he can take my car is fucked. im almost positive it violates my 4th amendment rights to take my property until somebody comes forward saying they commited the crime, which is exactly how he explained that i would get my car released. whole situation is fucky, but im anxious to see a lawyer anyway. fml

>every single ticket you get that wasn't filmed
Not true. If the cop had paced OP, his testimony to that would be sufficient evidence. At issue here is the reliability of radar guns -- most citizens, when they see some fancy technology, assume that they were caught fair and square even if it was a toy radar gun.

lol u faget geit redy for my cum qweeer open widde

they can seize it as evidence in an ongoing investigation
but you should be able to get it back fairly quickly with a lawyer as the DA would have to demonstrate that the vehicle can lead to a suspect party (and unless you have time stamped video logs of the drivers they can't) or can be used to get a conviction (which it can't)