How many dimensions are there? New science is now saying 10?

How many dimensions are there? New science is now saying 10?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2016/03/23/nuclear-fusion-reactor-research/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

11 if M theory is correct

There are only 4 dimensions that are proven.

Living within 3 dimensions means you can only observe the universe in 2 dimensions

if that is true, how can the existence of any other dimensions actually be proven?

infinite

M theory?

Sorry to be a leash snapping dick, but String theory postulates that there are either 11 dimensions or 21.

How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real?

certified retards

10+1 last time I checked
The +1 being time

Keep in mind, that if you are an anti-theist and you believe in String theory, you believe in at least 6 invisible things affecting your life that you can't even describe or understand.

great theory that reinforces your postulate. Go back to DeVry

My bad. I hadn't checked on this in three years.

Currently it's bosonic that dictates 26 dimensions.

The 11 or 21 thing has shifted to 11. I was wrong. For the moment.

If they are invisible can they be proven?

In our universe, 4.

X, Y, Z, time.

Possibly 5, if we are a small part of the bigger 4th dimension, which could sequentially be part of the 5th, 6th, etc dimensions, AKA the strings of the multiverse

But sadly all we will know for sure exists in our lifetime is the 3 local directional axis and the slope of time

It combines the 5 different string theories by adding 1 more dimension

This. Prove otherwise. You can't.

>mfw this thread wasn't started with this image

explain in layman's terms

4th: Any point in time
5th: Distance between any two points in time
6th: The existance of all possible points in time as a total

You mean genders, not dimensions OP

CERN is now getting returns of 112% energy back from the 100% they put in. Impossible until they are pulling from another universe.

while we can't exactly observe these higher dimensions we can observe the affect of events that take place on these higher dimensions.

The 11th dimension was described mathematically in 2003, kinda got lost in all the war news and noise. It's 2mm wide, infinitely long and 2mm from every point in our 3d universe.

No you fool
they are taking energy straight from hell as cern "scientists" (actually satanist) have a great presence in hell and are commonly affiliated with the devil.

it's a space dick

how can that be observes let alone measured if all events in a higher dimension happen within the the higher dimension and are invisible to lower dimensions.

link to article? it sounds like you're pulling things out of your ass

that is layman's terms

Michio Kaku teaches at my Uni. I'll ask him.

it's a spaceghetti

the theory of infinite anything has been disproved by existence of planck length

So 10 spatial dimensions?

Jesus fuck we can't even fathom 4.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

>actually be proven?
And your question is the big one! Physicists and Mathematicians have been working with string theory (and other theories), but in order to start to prove the extra dimensions, the theories must point to new predictions that can later be tested. So far, there aren't any predictions that can be tested, and this is one of the criticisms of the current state of the field.

I too would like to see your source, this is exciting

A shame about the mathematicians, I heard they were all put down. They're in a better place now.

but then what happens to the energy in that other universe?

where does the universally misplaced energy go if there originally wasn't enough space in the 100% complete universe we live in?

the planck length does not disprove "infinite anything." It only describes what might be the smallest unit possible in our physical universe. Scale Relativity might be the way forward.

for every choice, there are several outcomes. for every outcome there is a seperate dimension. there are infinite dimensions that are nearly identical to our own, save for op being a faggot

> new science.......

You buncha homogay nerds.
There's only two dimensions that matter to me:

8" long, and 6" girth

Right in some chick's asshole.

maybe the other races will start a war with us for taking it from their universe as we slowly kill their dimension to fuel ours.

this is all i have found, i think your theory is debunked.

>forgot the link
blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2016/03/23/nuclear-fusion-reactor-research/

that's some klein bottle level shit right there, you fucking toroid.

Temperature is rapidly becoming accepted as the fifth dimension.

Physics are drastically affected by temperature.

says who? All of my research has been in experimental condensed matter and statistical mechanics and I have never heard this. Just look up the definition of thermodynamic beta and the zeroth law of thermodynamics

not this at all
temperature is a state of friction faggot...back to Keiser U.

"temperature" is a ruler of how much them chemistry is vibrating
Really need to read you book my друг

>implying I can't understand string theory

There is only matter and energy time is an illusion brought on by those two.

ITT: Interesting shit that makes you feel really dumb

>my uni

you fukin fruity fagoo. kys

What kind do you understand? I've been attending some lectures on 4D N=2 SCFT and I still don't have the QFT background to understand most of it

You are all braindead autistic fucking retards.

Look if you don't have any linear algebra it's going to be impossible to get an idea of what's going on.

that also involves motion and time you knitwit.

btw some of the 11 dimensions are supposed to be tiny microscopic folded up knots. it works mathematically, but who knows if they really exist.

nice post. thanks for contributing to this thread.
>GTFO

is donut land a real shit ??

Gravity is only a theory.

So this is what STEMlords do for fun...

I think I'll go back to making the planet a more diverse, equal, and just planet pls.

>or should I say: you're welcome

Okay, think about what the second dimension is to the third dimension. It goes for infinity along the X axis and the Y axis, but has 0 depth through the Z axis. As such, there are an infinite possible number of dimensions, as each dimension is infinite, but always in one less axis than the one above it. An infinite shape in the 3rd dimension has 0 actual displacement in the 4th dimension, roughly. Displacement isn't a good word for it, but it gets the idea across. While being infinite in its own dimension, it is 0 in the dimension above it and can only serve as "plane". 3rd dimensional entities can thus only ttavel through the axis present in it's own dimension, it cannot move along the 1+nth axis, the one of the dimension above it. Using its own dimension that is. Just as the second dimension only exists as a plane in our own dimension, in a similar fashion does the third dimension compare to the fourth, and so on. There are as many dimensions as there are numbers, infinite, as every dimension also depends on the one above it.

I don't think that word means what you think it means. At least not in this context.

And Science can also control the T-rex, not to mention we have weapons that could demolish a T-rex in seconds. And that's assuming the T-Rex was not trained from birth. Everything is a "bad idea" if someone fucks up in some way.

PhD student in physics here, ask me stuff

Kek, go back to school

what size is your dick?

In SI or CGS units?

>implying science does not have ethics committees