This film was fucking awful

This film was fucking awful.

for you

>it's a Leo gets paid 30 million dollars + back end box office to shout and act like himself in every movie episode

stop greentexting redditfag

For you

No

I don't know if it was intended or not or how faithful or not it was the the guy's original memoirs, but they really should've depicted his change of heart better. It felt like he was the same sleaze he always was, but just stopped doing the bad things that caused his life to come crashing down. Also the movie was too goddamned long.

this is where dicaprio belongs

I thought the film was almost over once he got rich, turns out that was only the synopsis and It's fucking 3 hours long

I rate it a 7.5/10, it was ok

Well, his "change of heart" came 10 minutes before the movie ended. It would have seemed ham-handed to make it super obvious. Also, it's more believable to say he never really had one from the previous 2.5 hours.

The real Jordan Belfort is just pretending to be a good guy. He still hasn't returned a large sum of money.

>ah yes he gets really rich then it all comes crashing down I see
>3 hours later it finally comes crashing down

Nah it was pretty nice to watch desu

this movie was alright, op.

you just need to grow up.

It was exhausting and overdone. I know his autobiography has some crazy shit in it, but when he is in front of a huge CG crowd in his office screaming at the top of his lungs, while the crowd screams and yells and pounds their chest like angry gorillas, it went too far. It was too much for me.

>whole film is DUDE DRUGS LMAO
>grow up

it was ok, should have capped it at 2 hours though

DRUGS was one of the lmao part, you idiot.
there were other lmaos too.

DUDE LMAO DRUGS

Mind explaining why you think it's shit, without memeing if possible ?

BENI FUCKING HANA

The whole film is just people taking drugs and shagging prostitutes. You expect it all to go wrong the main character yet it takes fucking hours before it does go wrong.

Even if you halved the films length it would be incredibly uninteresting.
>bloke gets rich doing dodgy stuff
>goes #yolo mode
>gets into trouble and loses it all

Problem was the main character wasn't actually funny and charming, his jokes weren't funny, his inspirational speech wasn't inspiring and he is never shown convincing someone to buy something like a successful salesperson would in a believable way. He was a boring regular guy who also happened to be a big asshole.

It was a very interesting and funny and bleak film desu. I liked it a lot.
However i watched it for the second time a few weeks ago and felt kinda taken out by the shot incontinuity. Once you notice how poor it is you can't stop noticing it.

Martin Scorsese just made a beat-for-beat remake of Goodfellas but with stock brokers instead of gangsters.

still hard to stomach the fact the same guy who made mean streets made this seth rogan party movie it even fucking had jonah hill in it yuck. i remember being at my old friends house who i hated and he said "check out this sweet movie " and puts this on and the feeling of hate and disgust i felt

Who thought that was a good idea? It was bizarre.

Goodfellas with Jews

The big short was better

You sound like a pretty cool guy.

The quaaludes scene was some great physical comedy and is the most memorable part of the film.

>great physical comedy

>dicaprio crawling across the floor grunting is great physical comedy

Scorsese's long time editor is Thelma Schoonmaker who apparently doesn't give a fuck about continuity and claims that people don't notice it anyway

That's DiCaprio's fault for being a poor actor.

Henry Hill was half Jewish.

>film
fucking lol

That and the scene right after when he and Jonah Hill are fighting over the phone. Leo snorting all the coke and going full Popeye was hilarious

>it's a Sup Forums being contrarian episode
Can't we appreciate a film every once in a while?

I'll help you out OP
>This film was fucking awful because
>because
>because
Now u go!

Audiences actually really, really hated this movie though.

no

>film
it's a scorseseflick you fucking pleb

>sleaze
How was he a bad guy, again?
Oh right, he ripped off wealthy people, right?
What a monster!

But 8.2 on IMDB.

It was a fun movie. That's all it was trying to be and succeeded at it.

Don't you need a paid account to vote on IMDB? And if you didn't, a lot of the movie audience isn't really enthusiastic enough to go on the internet to voice their opinion but just like to forget all about about bad movies. Some sort of company that polls the audience after they watched it says they hated it.

That was a good scene, and a pretty fucking important one too
>cg
what the fuck are you talking about

>The whole film is just people taking drugs and shagging prostitutes
There's maybe two scenes dedicating to fucking prostituted
There's maybe 3 scenes where we are seeing people take drugs and freak out
The main character has a fucking drug problem, why gloss over it
>it's too long
Yea, it's a long ass ride but it's filled with great shit
If u prefer 90 minute shit that can hold your minute attention span, I'm sure there's some new shit on netflix

>its boring and predictable because the story is a man getting rich and losing it all
So why did you watch the fucking movie, retard. You sound like a kid in science class uninterested and disengaged (ITS DUMB AND BORING AND STUPID) but you're the one actively choosing to be in class.

only the good half

you sound like a lonely person
lmao

you sound like a lonely person
lmao

I could imagine they'd see it as glorifying some rich asshole
Hell, it made me a bit jealous
Who doesn't wanna grab life by the fucking balls like this guy did
I think that's why audiences hated it
shit motivated the fuck outta me

audiences are the people that make shit like minions such a huge property

Sell me this pen.

pussy

because im participating in a thread?
That attitude is what got you in ur position

???

lmao

I was really fucking fascinated to see how Jordan did it
Isn't it crazy a 15 hour movie ended just a bit too soon for me?

What, are you going to write with RED ink? That's for grading papers, numbskull. If you're going to make sure you're taken seriously you write with a stunning blue ink.

stay salty, nabisco

no, you're just not a contrarian or a letterboxd faggot.

explain the letterboxd meme to me, friend
I've been here long enough to regret it for a lifetime and still don't get that shit

Thats thelma authentic editing retard

This movie was fucking hilarious.

Henry Hill was not Jewish he was irish/napoli
He only said that when Karren introduced him to her jew parents

It's a general full of /r/truefilm rejects who shove their retarded opinions down peoples throats when they aren't circlejerking inside their general.

They'll claim stuff like Mad Max: Fury Road is one of the worst actions movies ever made unironically.

It was an infomercial for Belfort's "Straight Line."

I guess even if he hadn't changed they should've made a bigger deal about the consequences of his actions. They kind of rushed through that too. I just kind of felt like the movie didn't really go anywhere.

You forget that he started by ripping off blue collar people with the penny stock scam.

but that's just a personal opinion.
Di Caprio was so godlike in the revenant tho.
did he get the oscar, finally?

I actually had an interviewer tell me this. I quoted the line from the movie which he seemed to like and then turned them down.

That's basically how Goodfellas ended. The main character doesn't actually become a good person, his world just crashes down on him leaving him humbled.

>AKKSHUALLY
Yea I know, I just quoted it, I saw it 2 nights ago, dickhead

The whole movie was just too long. There were too many scenes and practically every scene was twice the length it should have been.

Bruh the point isn't really that he had a real "change of heart." He's still a sociopath, he's just on less ludes at the end.

He didn't have a change of heart. He just sold everyone out because it benefited him the most

it's a great film, classic Scorsese, what exactly was so awful about it?

lol no most people loved this movie, the only ones who probably disliked it are who can't stomach that shit or thought it was too long either way opinion discarded

The only bad thing about this movie was DiCaprio
everyone else's acting was fucking great

I agree!! This movie was BAAAD! It was constant yelling, the characters were all assholes and I swear to god at multiple times in the movie I wished they would just die.

This movie is GAAAAARBAGE!"!!!!!!!!!!

have an upvote! haha

"Boiler Room" was directed on same book of memoirs of the same person - Jordan Belfort. But have some drama and plot and doesn't have those cringe "funny" drug and sex scenes.
In my opinion "Boiler Room" is way superior than "The Wolf".

If they didnt have Jonah in the movie it would have been great

>summer tourist spotted

>trying this hard

one of Scorsese's absolute best movies

except hes not

Sup my fellow redditor, you gotta stop sticking out like a sore thumb like that.

Yea, he started, till he realized these were average joe fucks being stupid with what little they had and he knew there were MUCH bigger fish to fry.

Also, how did he rip them off, again?
I understand they were poor investments and he sold the shit out of them, what else was he gonna do, not work?

holy fuck wow
And here, I thought Sup Forums had no forms of containment. That shit sounds so cancerous the threads must fucking glow

agreed

>humbled
Henry isn't grateful for how lucky he is to not be in jail

And cause he didn't wanna die in jail

What do you mean, DiS

>Jamie Kennedy
>Giovanni Ribisi
>Vin
Ok Im in

>he is never shown convincing someone to buy something like a successful salesperson would in a believable way
confirmed for not watching the movie

What was the point in posting that

To show shit flicks on par with wolf of wallstreet

According to who?
Are those movies, in your own unique opinion, on the same level as WoWS? Or are u screencapping something from another sight that showcases other people's opinions that u parade as your own because you're empty inside?

All mine bb

What kind of man abandons his sexy mistress, drug party lifestyle, yacht, and fortune in Switzerland to go get caught for his criminal enterprise and go to jail in America?

Thees, um, ees ah good peyn.... good fawr wryteng....

what? it's not like he had any choice

That's the joke, autismo.