ITT: Albums you HATED on first listen but are now in your all-time top 10

ITT: Albums you HATED on first listen but are now in your all-time top 10

Dont even know why i didn't like this at first, it's damn near amazing.

Could barely make it past the second track on my first listen. I listened to it again after I kinda liked De-Loused In The Comatorium and now I love it

thought it was too long and boring, now it's my favorite album

the downward spiral

Thought this was a talented band ruined by LOLQUIRKY vocals and LOLRANDOM songwriting
With repeat listens it's revealed itself as my favorite rock album

My favorite too m8! Although I loved it upon my first listen.

I was vaguely familiar with their earlier stuff before I tackled StG. It blew my mind and gave me a new appreciation for On Land and Sea/A Little House.

Any ween album

i loved this album ever since i was really young.

The Mollusk was life-changing my first listen

Not my top 10 but it's god tier study music

pretty much this

I still don't like Taxman, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the rest of Revolver anymore.

I guess most people went through the same thing when it first came out.

>Didn't instantly like Remain in Light
Hard-coded pleb detected

The thought
>Rock is dead and that is a bad thing
has passed through you mind before

maybe not top 10 but i relate

>quirky vocals
i always assumed he's just one of those guys who have a naturally weird sounding voice, or just way of talking
what's that they usually call them? oh right, brits
and yeah the songwriting style actually turns out to be rewarding rather than irritating because while they switch between riffs a lot, it's usually cyclical so you have something to latch on and look forward to

literally ALL my top ten.

I loved all Radiohead albums instantly, but this took like 2 years to get into

still not even my favorite Radiohead albums though

I think I turned it off halfway through Throne of Agony first time. Just seemed obnoxious and cheesey. Don't know what happened but I tried it again a few months later and absolutely loved it

I hated Sufjans vocals at first cuz they were " too whispery"

This one. Took me three listens across two years.

i first listened to this last summer and did not understand how it could be praised at all. a few months later i found out my dad has it on vinyl, so i borrowed it and played it again, a bit better this time, i think i'm slowly starting to appreciate this album, but man is it special

how the fuck do you get any studying done listening to this?

this one i actually loved from my first listen

>This

Paul Simon - Graceland

I don't know what I was thinking

Same thing happened to me op. Couldn't even make it past Crosseyed and Painless on first listen, now I think it's a 9.8/10 album

Nice to see some love for Anthrax

Used to be only into thrash and deathcore. Didn't appreciate all the technical skill. Now it's like one of my favorite albums.

Yeahh i was in the same position, i thought that album was overrated

How could anyone hate this album?
I was completely sold after the first 20 seconds.

It's not that I didn't liked it but I just didn't cared for it since I got late into radiohead and In Rainbows had more of what I was looking for in the band.

Not my favorite RH album but all the tracks really grown on me, the whole "you will begin to love Kid A after repeated listens" thing is true.