>2017

Power Trip - Nightmare Logic
Havok - Conformicide
Pallbearer - Heartless
Laster - Ons Vrije Fatum
Iron Reagan - Crossover Ministry

this is it so far, there's still a lot I'd like to listen to

Is Immolation hipster

if you have over 100 band camp sales and are in the metal genre you've become too popular and are therefore hipster metal. so yes, immolation, who had an EP sponsored by Scion for fucks sake, are most certainly hipster.

and holy shit I love this song
youtube.com/watch?v=kLzUMhX4Osg

Liked the new Havok more than I thought I would. Haven't even checked out Power Trip or Laster. Will take a listen later.

Power trip was pretty good. I really liked it on my first listen, but I've had almost no desire to return to it, so take that for what it's worth

checked it out, sounded enjoyable but i can see how it likely doesn't have a lot of replay value.

Not huge on Pallbearers vocals but fuck the guitar solos are beaut

How is Mastodon a hipster metal band?

neutered, safe, "socially acceptable" metal for nu-males to appear eclectic

nah, it's more of them just becoming successful and gaining attention which causes obese basement dwellers to become resentful and label them "hipster/nu-male" metal.

what does it mean if every metal album I like is on this chart

move on to part 2

>it's more of them just becoming successful and gaining attention

actually it's them switching to radio buttrock that alienated a lot of people. why are mastodon dickriders always so quick to call anyone who dislike their shitty direction as a "neckbeard," "virgin," etc.?

well, as a hipster myself, I can tell you that their aeshetics are completly unappealing

>socially acceptable
bunch of hillbilly hobos
their second band is literally a hillbilly band
youtube.com/watch?v=50XEjgLyV8U

that kind of music is trendy though, i went to college with plenty of hipsters who loved that kind of southern rock and bluegrass type stuff, not saying it's bad

I couldn't be more happy that they alienated their fan base and pursued making the music they actually wanted to make as opposed giving us Remission 6.0 or whatever it is the serious metal person™ wants. One of the most unsafe things you can do in the metal genre is to explore more melodic and catchy songwriting despite the fact that a ton of classic and respected metal bands did just that to great effect.

Mastodon are making the music they want to instead of listening to the temper tantrums of metal elitists. And whether it be heavy riffs, progressive meanderings or catchy songwriting they do it well. Whether they alienate fans again or not or become even more successful I don't care, I just hope they continue to do whatever the fuck it is they want to because it sounds great.

the difference is, mastodon are not college students, but southern (former) hobos

Does this go both ways? As in, if guys who enjoy this music like getting pegged, do chick's who are into thus music also enjoy pegging?

I think Bill actually went to college. Dailor is from New York and was reared in a patrician household. Troy seems pretty balanced but Brent definitely is a banjo plucking, drug-addled, boxcar riding hobo. No question about that.

Dubs and bait, what a post

anyone excited for the Full of Hell record?

profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/trumpeting-ecstasy

God I'm actually triggered by this. Was it necessary to include rust in peace? really?

>Brent definitely is a banjo plucking, drug-addled, boxcar riding hobo. No question about that.
that's why their best album was written by Hinds

>God I'm actually triggered by this

yep, definitely a nu-male