I Need Some Idea. Im the high bidder on 1500+ Ammo Cans. I need some ideas on what to do with them

I Need Some Idea. Im the high bidder on 1500+ Ammo Cans. I need some ideas on what to do with them.

I think i may make some into computer cases to try to sell,portable speakers,woodstoves, mailboxs, and knife stands

However i had another idea i wanted to try also that i wanted opinions on. I was thinking about welding them together and adding some supports to them and making some Toolbox Running Boards for my truck. I have only seen a couple of other toolbox running boards for trucks and they want like $2,000 for them.

Do you think they would work if i add support to them? Do you for see any issues?

they are 11" L x 6" W x 7" H.
If you think of other good uses for them post them.

If not i may start to build a privacy fence out of them or maybe a building.

Other urls found in this thread:

govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=11758664&convertTo=USD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Im probably going to just sell alot of them as is also since ill have so many.

was thinking about making lamps by combining these 2 pics. would that be cool?

what would you charge for these things also to sell them semi quick?

sell them and buy box set of dragon ball z you wont regret it athiests promise

I was also thinking about screwing them straight to my wall to make a shelf for my tv to sit on, and taking the lid off some of them so that i could put my dvd player/ satellite box and such in them

fill em full of ammo and go on a shooting spree?

WHAT YOU COULD DO IS SEND ME ONE HAHA

What do you think they would be worth a piece?

Not top moneys, just a semi cheap price to sell alot quickly.

If i do get them and shipping is not to high bad i will.

I wish they would have been full of 5.56 rounds, event just spent cases. that would have been a decent bit of money scrap price.

no idea, i could use one for ammo storage, right now i got rifle rounds and shotgun shells all scattered in the same box

that's confusing... i mean, maybe a mailman would just try to open the front the usual way without thinking about what it was, but for me I'd spend a few seconds wondering how I'm supposed to open this thing.

Aka shipping under 5 bucks lol.

Alot of people use them for tool boxs and such in there trucks also by bolting them into the truck beds and putting master locks on them

store canned and dry goods in your nuclear war shelter

I admire your ingenuity user. I hope your are successful in this venture. Be patient. Good on to them either way there true purpose may yet to be realized.

I think at wlamart the little plastic ones are like $5 or so each.

yeah but after he figures it out 1x he will remember it. Ive had the same mailman for 5+ years.

I have no idea...

I cant help but make money on them.

1500+ and it will be like 700 bucks or so.

If i sell them for $1 a piece even im doubling my money.
I may do something like that. Maybe take the lids ff and weld them together into shelfs.

I plan on buying a shipping container to bury in my backyard into the hillside to use as a root cellar / false wall in back with a Grow room with 1kw HPS hoods. I figure putting it in the ground will throw off helicocksuckers and will cost less to heat in winter/cool in summer.

i had one of those, they are garbage

What about as Nerf bar toolboxs for under my truck?

Something like this?

There is only like one company that makes these and there 2k or so.

maybe weld them together with some angle iron under neath them, and then weld a thick piece of diamond plate on top? You think they would hold up to someone stepping on them to get in out of a truck?

I was going to try to weld some old toolbox under my lifted truck for nerf bars but i think this would work better.

for something like this you might as well start from scratch

Ive looked on the net and cant find any examples or threads about anyone trying the tool boxs though.

Well I figured the ammo cans would be kinda cool TBH Maybe even without the diamonplate on top. Flip them on there side and make like 10 compartments.

Plus It will only cost me 4 bucks a sideish for the cans, and then scrap metal to tie them together and such.

it would be nice for putting tools in and such.

I hate toolbox in my truck bed that take up space.

>Ammo Cans
make them into photo gear boxes for trumpers

Photo Gear Boxes?

I'd turn 2 of them into salt and pepper shakers

You should make them into PC cases, then sell them to Chieftec

"Chieftec: We're gonna fly this bitch straight into the ground!"

Hitting 90's rappers with metal cans would sure make me feel good, but hows that going to make me money?

fml

nvm

maybe i can stack them on top each other and get some long sata cables and such and make a Big Case like the old termaltake 3 cases?

Put motherboard in one, harddrives in one, memory card reader/ dvd drive in one/leave one open in center as a shelf, Make one into Cage with Plexyglass for my anal gerbil, Weld 2 together to make a keyboard tray, Mount one on the side to hold magazines, one on other side for trash bin etc.

Think i should mount coaster under neath so i can move it easily?

How hard would it be to get some sort of refridgeration thing and try to make me some soda/pop cooling shelf's in it?

I actually might do this, Be a cool metal all in one desk/pc case/ put monitor on top.

All Metal also which means it wont fall apart like the presswood furniture from wally worls. Esp since ill proabbly accidently cum on it some, and ive ruined a few cheap presswood desks from that.

Something like this? Im not a draw fag so apologies.

Sorry that was bad

Buy bout 500 milsurp knives
1000 yards of paracord
500 boxes of matches
1000 sporks

Sell them as survival kits

bump

Thats not a bad idea actually.

Or open like 2 mres and dump them in to fool stupid people.

Survival kit Contains
1 Liquid food heater (MRE FOOD HEATER)
1 Sleeping bag heater(MRE FOOD HEATER)
1 roll TP
1 roll klenex (other roll of tp)
1 plastic Spoon
1 Small Poop Burying Shovel (Other Spoon)
Crackers plain
Crackers Salty (they wont know there plain)
Cinnamon scone
Cinamon Scentsy (Other Scone)
Beverage, sugar free
Beverage with sugar (Sugar free still)
Hot sauce
Mild Sauce (Its hot)
Accessory packet C
Hot beverage bag
Poop bag (other hot beverage bag)
Poop Bury bag (other beverage bag)
Hash browns with bacon
Bacon with hashbrowns
Toaster pastry
Animal Bait (other poptart)
Jam
Lube (other jamCoffee
Energy Stimulant (coffee)
Cream Substitute
Bear Repealant (Cream Substitute )
Sugar
Ant Attratant (Sugar)
Salt
Meth (salt)
Chewing Gum
Boot repair Goo ( Gum)
Matches
Fire Starter (matches)

Cheese and Veggie Omlet
Laxative (Cheese and Veggie Omlet)

Thats almost 40 different items, and i was nci enough to not count the pooper scoorper bags they came in.

I bet they give away the Cheese and veggie omelet MRES.

They do it all the time to us when i buy a tool hit or something and it say 500 piece and i realize they counted the 400 nails they included.

Tie them to your feet and go swimming.

Jesus Christ, OP. Why? How much were they all?

At 1,500, just sell them to other chumps for more than you bought them.

build castle attack mailman

I know a bunch of retired and active military and police etc, who would buy humidors made out of these.

About 700 bucks and i have to drive a hour or so away to pick them up. So whatever it cost me in fuel and 50 bucks to use buddys car trailer.

So prob around 850 total.

If they sell for 5 bucks each ill make like 7,760 profit or so off them.

Even 2 bucks each ill make $2,594 profit or so.

You guys need to watch goverment liquidation websites.

1722ea(Apprx) Ammo Cans, 11" L x 6" W x 7" H, Magnetic, Cans may be damaged, Cans may not have a lid

Do this and sell them
Get some youtuber or streamer to use it
Every 12 year old edgy gamer kid will want to have one

Do they need electronics in them or do i just throw a wood box inside?

I know nothing about humidors. Im a hill billy and know that if your pipe tobacco is dry you add an apple, to wet you ad some bred.

And pot is better when you let it cure in a painted black mason jar so light cant get in and burp it every few days.

If i made humidors id me really tempted to make it so you couldnt remove the box and put some pot underneath it for the smellz.

I could go to the scrapyard and get some old valves and pipes and weld them on the sides and top and such and paint it with some bronze spray paint and sell them as steampunk.

That way i get the 12 year olds and hipster steampunk peeps.

The 'ShooterComputer'

Sell them to Magic:The Gathering nerds as storage boxes for their cards.

No electronics really unless you consider a humidity gauge (hygrometer) electronics. Usually just spanish ceder lining and some trays. Ammodors dot com sells them staring at 149 bucks.

Fifty cal cans are over rated, it's all about morter rounds.

Thats pretty cool man just do it anyway and follow on with what you want and dont let anyone stop you
>im slowly dying because i dont have the balls to follow my own advice.

If i dremel a Skull in the side i could charge an extra 50 bucks.

Add some fallout sticker and charge like 200 bucks more.

Same for COD and other games.

Realistically OP, you shook sell them individually till you make up however much you spent. Then fuck around with what's left. And it goes without saying but buyin 1500+ ammo cans is some serious autism

I got to shoot m455 rounds when i was in afghanistan. Those cases are like footlockers.

They were Cheap.

its like 1722 or so cans and there only like 50 cents a can when all is said and done (not counting my Time involved)

Plus there ammo cans so i can literally just unload them in my yard and not worry about storing them inside.

And if someone complains about the 20 or so pallets of ammo cans in my yard i will weld them all together on top of each other and make a 8ft privacy fence around my yard with them.

12 of them stacked high would be about 8 ft.

So i can make like an 8foot by 132ft privacy fence.

For privacy fence panels that 16.5 panels and they cost liek 40 bucks or so each so thats 660 bucks worth of them.
Not counting i can take the lids off and make them bigger/ leave holes in the fence and make gun port holes that i can open and shut. in case of indians.

ill prob charge 10 bucks each for them until i sell like 85 of them then ill have my money back, and if i sell the rest for $1 each ill make like 1600 bucks.

I can honestly prop sell them all in 1 day for $1 a piece if i bring the to the dealers auction near where i live.

in the mean time i might paint some of them different colors and play with them like legos in my yard.

Someone out bid OP

govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=11758664&convertTo=USD

>govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=11758664&convertTo=USD
I got time. and i have already picked up one lot of these :P

Thats sight is nice though, you can get all kinds of stuff even video games and such.

Didnt the prices seem cheap?
If you go to location and then find one around you its worth it. It cost to much to ship some of the stuff.

I bought like 2,000 Pairs of the Desert brown Mil boots on there a few weeks ago for like 0.25 cents a pair.

They were all random sizes and such also.

They were Rocky Beaulville and Bates brands i believe

Im retired air force so i just do this or something to do.

I'll buy one for a dollar, can you ship to Canada?

Wtf you gonna do with 2k pairs of randomly sized combat boots?? You should start your own militia.

also i like to talk to people at the flea markets and such and trade this crap to them for guns. especially other vendors.

I can prob trade like 50 of these for a gun, which means i can get about 35 guns or so

That's like 25 bucks a gun.

I already sold them. I gave away like 200 pairs to friends and family, and the rest i sold at a dealers auction i got to for between $3-5 each.

Its kinda like that wardogs movie, but with less money guns and i actually do sell bed sheets sometimes. and army blankets.

I made like 4-5k of of them.

Fucking THIS.

You could seriously make ammo box computers a thing. I want one already.

They would be cool for LAN Party's and such.

I would proabbly add a lock on the outside of the ammo box so that you could shut it and lock it up.

Question is Should that all be cut out of the back of the ammo can and then where the lid is you would have your drives, and power buttons and such?
i think its dumb to have it like in the pic, cause how often would you close the lid on the case when you have to unplug your monitor and all the other shit.

It would be better to just swap it so power button and drives are upfront and you could close the lid and lock it so no one could access the powerbuttons and such.

Perhaps in the back just a hole for the power supply fans/cord, speaker port, and monitor / hdmi
I wouldnt even put usb ports on the back that way i could lock it up when im not using it, even though id have to unplug my keyboard /mouse everytime or use a wireless dongle one.
That way no one could autorun code thru usb or anything like that even on it.

Like those USB drives you can code to auto steal peoples pics/stuff when they are plugged in.

>lube
i lol'd

maybe i could take a 22 shell and put a headphone jack in it and put it on the side of the case or something so that it would be More mill related.
Be cool if i could figure out how to add a rubber power button on the end of a shell where the primer goes and wire it up as a button even.
Any other ideas to add to ammo box PC?

Maybe even just put a lcd in the front then leave enough room to store controllers in it and throw a rasberry pie in it and use it as a emulator complete kit.

I think i might put a power strip inside it and a rasberry pie in it and all my external hard drives to use as a media server, only thing that worry's be is wifi signals not going thru the metal good.

If they do, i would only have one hole in it where the power strip plug goes thru. since i could just open it and plug in a monitor when it has issues.

Id have to put a lock on it also. But ive got like 5-6 2-8tb external hard drives laying around, and it would be cool to be able to lock them up.