MEMEBUSTERS NOT LAUNCHING IN CHINA!!!

B T F O HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-denied-release-china-910563
GUARANTEED BOX OFFICE BOMB

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/terminator-2-3d-rerelease-set-849272
youtube.com/watch?v=-0f9fpwGsyg
youtu.be/LTEwKYKfB9o
jobsnhire.com/articles/44634/20160711/warcraft-2-movie-sequel-burning-legion.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good for China for not wanting to show a racist film

Well yeah, the Chinese government forbids the depiction of ghosts.

I'm starting to like China

They know better.

Why are plebs pretending to care about film criticism now?

For years you iqlets called Brody and White pretentious and anyone that agreed with them hipsters. Has your taste film improved now or are you still the tasteless drones you were when you cried hipster and that fun should be allowed since film is supposed to be """entertainment"""

or is this another excuse to shitpost and stay away from developing better taste again?

>Super Power Dare Die Team

>meanwhile time travel is also banned in China but Cameron is re-releasing T2 3D there later this year
hollywoodreporter.com/news/terminator-2-3d-rerelease-set-849272

China is based

Thank you China

>Liberals forget that their gay ideology literally has traction ONLY among white people
>shit on white people whenever possible
>act surprised when their shit tanks

Got what they deserved tbqh.

Huh, i guess Jews don't run the whole world.

BASED JIM

Can't slim the jim

>Well yeah, the Chinese government forbids the depiction of ghosts.
Except they first two movies have been released in China just fine, and this one has specifically been denied because it sucks. Read the fucking article.

They run the western world which is the entire world to Americans.

不黑鬼

GOAT

Literally this. These are the same fuckwits who said Civil War was good by following its RT consensus.

With that said, based Armond will destroy the flick

kek I didn't even know they had a word for nigga.

It directly translates to black ghost

The wonders of learning mandarin

Why would China want Ghost kino when they already have Orc kino?

What is this picture supposed to be? I only see 3 good films total.

link to interview?

you can't flim-flam the Jim Cam

which ones??

Here you go, Duncan is pretty chill throughout but the interviewers autism is off the charts.

youtube.com/watch?v=-0f9fpwGsyg

>daily reminder there will be no Scourge or Lich King because China

Huh. Google translate immediately brought me "no nigga".

youtu.be/LTEwKYKfB9o

They're cracking under the pressure. Leslie Jones said the "fucking" on live tv.

Man this was great. Duncan specifically made this for kids and young adults, and explaining very basic shit to a middle aged man as though he himself were a child was smooth as fuck.

I was dying when he spelled out that "the green magic is bad."

>this is how Sup Forums would interview someone

At 9:35 ish

Which part? I doubt my sanity could take watching an entire Leslie Jones interview on Live with Kelley.

well pleb?

Duncan handled that interview like a champ. Refused to get caught in any gotcha style questions. That one question about "Were you the right man to direct the movie" was especially bullshit

Why the fuck is time travel banned?

The fuck was his issue?
Did his wife leave him on that day for an orc or something?

OMG is this the first time in history where censorship will SAVE cinema?

why don't they just release it as "transparent-spooky-people busters"?

What are the chances of this dropping below the 70s by the time every review is out there?

I want this to be the lowest certified fresh RT score in the site's history.

The great part is you can tell Duncan knows the actual lore and story of Warcraft, but was smart enough to simplify it to 'green magic is bad'. Looks like there's still a chance for a sequel as well with this ambiguous tweet that came out of the Chinese distributor in the last few days.

>"'Warcraft's' theatrical run is coming to an end," the translated post read. "But the chapter of a new decade has just begun. It's a starting point, not an end point. We don't say goodbye now because we'll meet you again!"

jobsnhire.com/articles/44634/20160711/warcraft-2-movie-sequel-burning-legion.htm

He was asking a lot of snide, loaded questions in an attempt to fluster and humiliate Duncan. They didn't work and the interviewer ended up looking like a bigger asshole with each calm, collected answer.

y

>A middle finger to the screaming brobabiez. If girls can't be Ghostbusters, then here, guys can't do anything.

-Amy Nicholson, MTV, Top Critic

what she meant by this?

Something about altering their glorious history, it's actually kind of loose though, apparently Looper did well over there.

wish that re-release was fucking world wide though.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Based China.

chinks are weird

It'll prove to the plebs that RT doesn't know what the fuck it's on about.

So, how much will GB have to make domestically to make a profit?

Yeah but why did he go that way into an interview in the first place?

There were some popular drama shows about going back into China and interacting with government back in the day. They are afraid that the idea of time travel will open peoples minds to changing the government now as they misrepresent history or they promote old ideas that china doesn't like now as good. Like feudalism and other things

it doesn't give the movie reviews
other people who watched it review it

Literally $400-450 million.

The only rule America and West Europe. The rest of us haven't fallen for their tricks.

based China doesn't put up with feminist nonsense... or niggers

see

Rosser is a hack and failed film maker in his own right. No wonder he has a chip on his shoulder. He couldn't make a film like Warcraft, let alone understand it. So the best he could do in life is to tear apart movies he doesn't like. And to do it in front of the director is quite cunty. It's a wonder Jones didn't slap the pasty little hack across the mouth.

why do communists have such impeccable taste

I live in Los Angeles. You haven't seen a fight until you've seen a Jew and a Chinese guy try to negotiate a price on something.

Why does gamer reddits refuse to answer?

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm not a commie bastard and I enjoy not breathing in lord knows how much smoke with each breath I would move to China.

Not necessarily.
The undead isn't completely outlawed. For WotLK the company that re-released it in China just removed any skeletons so that the game could be approved quicker and without any hiccups. In reality they probably couldvejust removed the ghosts, and not the zombies and skeletons. But they did it anyways just in case.

That sounds about right, I guess as long as American history is the one being changed it's fine.

Imagine if every single person in the western world took mother goose nursery rhymes literally and structured their lives around them with a religious fervor.

That's basically china. There's probably some ancient chinese folklore about a goblin that appears when you try to harvest rice during the wrong time in the season and that's why they won't touch the entire subject of time travel. They're a society of superstitious morons.

I am not happy about this. Ghostbusters 2016 had the most bullshit marketing and deserves to fail on its own. Now they have the excuse of "those superstitious chinamen"

Because the movie ended up getting blasted by critics and he thought he could get away with it. Probably didn't even know that it was David Bowie's son he was talking to, and David very likely gave him a lot of interview tips to prevent this exact situation.

> The original Bill Murray-starring 1984 classic was translated as "捉鬼敢死队," five characters literally meaning "Ghost Catcher Dare Die Team."
> Ghost Catcher Dare Die Team

Why is China so shit at language?

Ouch. Zinger

China loves Israel, so

Memes aside, the US movie execs knew the movie wouldnt do well in China so didnt bother pushing for it to launch there. There is a limit to how many non-communist propaganda films can be shown in chinese theaters each year and they pick their battles.

>the campbell soup cans

kek
Is this official?

168 mil production (even though it apparently went over that)
I'd say conservatively it somewhere around 250 mil with marketing + production, and thats on the low end.

400+ to break even on the low end.

This movie has to make over $500 million to make even a modest profit. Is that even possible without China?

>mfw this person gets paid a good salary to write this type of fucking garbage that belongs in kindergarten

Why do neckbeards blame everything on Jews? Is it a jealousy thing?

I mean that is what they did.
The original Ghostbusters was translated "Ghost Catcher Dare Die Team"
and this one is translated "Super Power Dare Die Team"

jew detected

Of course in their heads it's probably something like "The Daring Ghost Catching Death Squad".

Why do you whine about neckbeards? Is it a jealousy thing?

It would have flopped if it was released there, so it doesn't matter.
This whole "girls rule boys drool" thing is not mainstream in China.

The budget is like ~160 mil.

Where'd you get 500 mil box office gross from?

You ever been to China? You're an idiot.

>funded PacRim 2
>refused to have this shit aired
Based China. Now please stop killing kids in the streets.

wrong chart

Is it even gonna make money here?
The top critics don't really give a fuck about how certified the movie is on RT, and the average scores are speaking volumes. This movie is so bad that there are even professional critics willing to risk being branded as MRAs just to talk about how fucking bad it is.

Pacific rim was trash you piece of Sup Forums pleb shit

They got rid of their two kid limit like a year ago from what I've heard.

They do give the "certified fresh" badges, however, and if this drops below a reasonable percentage for that tag, it's gonna reflect badly on the site itself.

Who knows.
We had movies similar to this one, Red Tails for example, that flopped even though the marketing went all out on the racism angle.

What Ghostbusters have is international appeal and brand recognition, so I doubt it will bomb.

Yup

? You new to the Internet?

Even then, you could have more children if you paid a fee.
The law was mainly there to keep poor people from shitting out babies left and right.

You know how much advertising they're putting into this movie? Sony is going all in, with ads both in public space, TV, the internet, bribing reviewers.

Angry Birds ended up taking a loss because the how huge the ad budget was for that movie too.

America is the only place this movie will get any sort of sales because its SJW HQ. Hopefully it don't break $30 million Unless Sony goes full fucking crazy and starts buying tickets themselves to make it look the film is popular to get people to see it.

I'm the only one noticing that chnks are getting increasingly better at banter?
As a white man, the future worries me, we're becoming obsolete.

I'm not from Sup Forums senpai.

No, it doesn't. Ghostbusters is an American thing. As a European I can tell you that Ghostbusters is nothing special over here. It's just a fun movie from the 80s that most people have seen at some point in their lives, but nobody can really remember.

I mean that's not a bad thing. Never knew about all they had to do was pay more from the third one on.

Nigga is formed from black + ghost

decadent west on suicide watch