Why have there been no great musicians or groups started after 2000?

Where have all the Swans, Red House Painters, and Neutral Milk Hotels gone?

I don't care if you like those bands, but there is an undeniable seriousness, and approach taken by all those groups towards their work that elevated them to a status able to be called art. They were starkly themselves and themselves only.

Nowadays, everyone approaches music as if it were a comment section to a YouTube video. That, or their "serious" work is really just /r/me_irl tier plight with no poetic aspects at all.

The only exceptions I can think of are early Animal Collective, Have A Nice Life, and Grouper but all have similar lyrical pitfalls as described.

It feels like there are simply no new musicians who take the medium seriously.

lol

lol

lol

I don't care if you like those bands, but there is an undeniable seriousness, and approach taken by all those groups towards their work that elevated them to a status able to be called art. They were starkly themselves and themselves only.

Nowadays, everyone approaches music as if it were a comment section to a YouTube video. That, or their "serious" work is really just /r/me_irl tier plight with no poetic aspects at all.

The only exceptions I can think of are early Animal Collective, Have A Nice Life, and Grouper but all have similar lyrical pitfalls as described.

lmao

what a funny story mark

lmao

lmao

You fuckers think this is a joke. This is not a joke.

Name one good band started after 2000s.

Gr8 b8 thread m8

As much as you faggots want to meme and mock OP you also know hes right.

The truth is that no one person has been willing to pay the dues necessary for greatness in music. Its hard to do considering theres no financial incentive anymore

Hey OP

spotted OP

No, I'm OP. Although, I admit I was just about to make a "he's right tho" comment if no one else did.

grizzly bear
dirty projectors

Autism overload

I really disagree.

Both seem completely plastic to me, something made to sell and get some critical attention.

But I appreciate the reply.

>Swans
> Red House Painters
>Neutral Milk Hotel
> Animal Collective
> Have A Nice Life
> Grouper

So how long have you been on Sup Forums OP, a week?

Why have there been no great shitposts or shitposters since 2000?

The truth is that no one person has been willing to pay the dues necessary for greatness in shitposting. Its hard to do considering theres no financial incentive anymore

HAHA!

This truly is the dankest of memes my gentlesir! Straight to the top of /r/Sup Forums we go.

Name your replacements. I'll wait.

Hell
Bongripper
Claypool Lennon Delirium
Death from Above 1979
Easy Action
Enablers
GIRAFFES? GIRAFFES!
Gorillaz
The Goslings
Hella
High on Fire (didn't release an album until 2000)
Jute Gyte
Kamasi Washington
The Kuti Mangoes
LCD Soundsystem
Lightning Bolt
Madvillain
mclusky
Melt-Banana
MONO
NUITO
Royal Blood
Show Me the Body
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats
Midori

shitty bait desu

>pop/rock

The only art music is classical.

Like I said.

That's an embarrassing list of artists to be considered "greats". And I'm sure you considered that as you typed it.

nah just a test
you were going to say that to any artist.
gre b8

Man, looks like my entire list has been refuted by one man calling it "embarrasing"! Who woulda thunk it.

>that was just a test
Sure...

so please type out the good ones now, Id love to see them. They must be hidden somewhere.

DANK

You were going to say that no matter what artists were posted

Why? You'd shit on any list.

Trips

You have fucking Gorillaz and Kamasi Washington on that list...

What do you expect?

Not him but
>Death from above
>Gorillaz
>The goslings
>LCD sounsystem
>Royal Blood
>Uncle acid

Nice trips

>Gorillaz
>not at least serious
>Kamasi Washington
>not incredible
Pleb detected

sun kil moon

Not him but what's wrong with any of those bands?

>IS GOOD MUSIC DEAD!?

all shit

got em

I know, right? Like, where have all the Swans, Red House Painters, and Neutral Milk Hotels gone? I don't care if you like those bands, but there is an undeniable seriousness, and approach taken by all those groups towards their work that elevated them to a status able to be called art. They were starkly themselves and themselves only.

>Nowadays, everyone approaches music as if it were a comment section to a YouTube video. That, or their "serious" work is really just /r/me_irl tier plight with no poetic aspects at all.

>Gorillaz
Memes, memes, never die.

>Obviously I like Twenty OnePilots. They are definitely a modern rock'n'roll band in my eyes. They make some beautiful music. Have you heard "Stressed Out"? It's unbelievably good. So beautiful! It's classic. Magnificent melody, and to hear it live, especially, it's awesome. They have several songs of that quality. So they're a great band.
-Neil Young on Twenty One Pilots

There's been quite a lot but the market is divided :/

>h chords
what the fuck

Some of those could be disregarded but you cant deny lightning bolt, hella and melt banana at least

wtf these chords are wrong

Ever heard of CHON???