EMT thread. Any EMT's/Paramedics here?

EMT thread. Any EMT's/Paramedics here?

Let's explain stories about our job, I'll start:

>One day, we went for a 100 yo grandma with a broken pelvis, at a medical center. The call said 100yo wow, born January 1917.
When we came, she was already with her wheelchair, but she refused our help and started WALKING away from us, and we followed her to tell her she needs medical help, but she was walking :o. Yet, she signed a paper, refusing us to take her to the hospital, and went home walking. We followed her for a bit.

She signed a paper, jesus. How old is this story!!!

Rolling for more dubs

There's a paper you sign when you don't want to be assisted, she's on her right, we can do nothing

Must be new to EMS, anyone that's been doing this longer than a week dictates what is done. "Bitch you wanna refuse? My ass. Get in the truck before slap you so hard you swallow your dentures" Also who uses fucking paper anymore? Do you still use a horse and buggy too? Prolly still using c-spine precautions on everyone too.

Well this thread was short-lived. I guess there's not many new people to EMS out there. That shit got boring about 3 days into the job.

That's cute though. I remember my first CPR!

Radios from Walmart: $9.99
Shitty Stethoscope: $19.99
Reflective jacket: $39.99
Making your own EMT starter kit: Priceless

question here, how often do u get ppl refusing your help? what is the wildest excuse u have received from someone not wanting your help?

also are ppl fucking stupid, let them help.

You can't just forge ahead and use "assumed consent" as an excuse?

Making your own EMT starter kit: ~$70 plus tax.

fixed it for you.

UK Student Paramedic here, give me some tips

It must actually be your first day on the job? What the actual fuck! This is the wrong place to look for advice.

Just the tip? You're in the right place

So the best way to get by is to tell everybody to get on the bus or keep fucking driving. And if not just to sedate them and take them against their will.

Give it time. Soon you too will be sitting on the floor in your bathroom surrounded by empty liquor and pill bottles asking yourself what you have to show for years of giving up yoursef to others...ahhh EMS

Literally killed multiple patients because easier paperwork.

Plot twist. Not some boot, actually made clinical manager for a massive company because no one knows I'm a sociopath

When you walk up on scene and step on the guys brains and all you can think about is "I just polished these fucking things"

Student, you still there?

Prolly already shot himself when he realized what his future was. EMS is not for everyone. At least he got it out of the way early

Mehhhh, it's for the best!

On call now.

Paging Doctor Faggot

got certified as an EMT, my clinicals made me realize how much i needed to study for the mcats and not have a future in ems

Wait, i thought he shot himself?

Saving fucking lives man

My partner was a cunt so I treated her like a cunt.