So krautrock had the progessive aspirations of prog rock but without the autism, right?

so krautrock had the progessive aspirations of prog rock but without the autism, right?

it was still pretty autistic, just a little more inventive

The autism was cranked up to overdrive, but since Germans are naturally autistic and productive, it worked out well.

it's actually the purest most highly refined autism
coincidentally that makes it sound a bit like progressive rock and psychedelic rock

Spending 10+ mins jamming on 2 chords over primitive synths is apparently really creative.

Most Prog isn't even rock in my opinion. Bands like Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd had rock as the background for their electronic/symphonic compositions and they also played world music and other genre influences at the forefront of their work instead of rock. They are much more akin to New Wave than anything else.

Krautrock is generally true progressive rock in the sense that "rocking with guitars and bass" is still the main philosophy of these bands and other influences are weaker than the rock one, which isn't the case with the bigger prog bands.

It's no wonder that out of all the prog bands that would sold out in the 80s, Yes happened to come out as less "clumsy". They were almost a synthpop, or symphonic fusion band in the 70s labeled under the genre of rock. Mistakenly in the way i see it.

Other true progressive rock acts were Zappa, Genesis, Gentle Giant and Jethro Tull.

it's prog rock played by people without any musical skill

not true btw

what's true then

True and it's astronomically better than prog rock

It replaces autism with communism

anarchism and nihilism

Half of Can members studied classical music with Stockhausen.
Jaki Liebezeit was also one of the best rock drummer of all-time.

Krautrock is prog for hipsters

its okay, he thinks that gnarly solos=skill

*tips fedora*

swedish prog rock > krautrock

>studied classical music with Stockhausen
Stockhausen was krautrock of classical music, so

>instrumental expertise = good music
progpleb detected

name 1 band that comes close to can

I guess the impressive musical backgrounds of krautrock musicians and their invaluable and present influence on the music world is worth nothing to hard-core highschoolers. Prog has influenced prog and little more, kraut influenced the development of pop and rock music as we know it today.

Theyre decwnt but really nothing compared to bans like Smegma and Gentile Giant

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. This goes to show it's a matter of pure taste and opinion.

t. avanteen

samla mammas manna, bo hansson, kebnekaise, november, trettioƄriga kriget and nationalteatern for starters?

Spoken like a true poseur
Why does krautrock attract the biggest RYM poseurs

>Name calling
>No discussion

I don't know what I expected, really...

Prog musicians were bunch of nerds having fun
Krautrock were communists playing two notes for 10 minutes and pretending it's art

And krautrock had no influence outside your Scaruffi approved hipster bands

Prog bands still sell millions

>bunch of nerds

techno wouldn't be a thing if not for krautrock

Who?