Why didn't Iron Man just use the Hulkbuster? He would wreck every single one in Cap's team if he had used it

Why didn't Iron Man just use the Hulkbuster? He would wreck every single one in Cap's team if he had used it

Because it's designed to only be active around gamma radiation

>I posted it again

would you use a sledgehammer to cut down a tree?

extremely poorly suited for articulation or fighting speed based enemies?

its a comic book by the way

anyone with real powers should be able to crush tony like a tuna can, the same way wanda ripped right through vibranium

>the same way wanda ripped right through vibranium

Ultron wasn't vibranium, Vision was.

well the core ultron unit has always been vibranium so if they changed it for the movie that would make no sense at all

it would also mean that ultron could be beaten by anyone, since he's just made out of metal

I seem to remember collecting the vibranium was a plot point, I can't imagine what else it was used for

>Why didn't Iron Man help out in Winter Soldier
>Why didn't SHIELD help out in Iron Man 2
>Why didn't Iron Man help in Thor
>Why didn't any of the Avengers help in Iron Man 3
>Why didn't any of the Avengers help in Thor 2
>Why didn't the Avengers help in Agents of SHIELD

my mistake, its actually adamantium, thats a small distinction but it makes more sense given how old the character is

at any rate, wanda ripped through adamantium, which is just as absurd

The problem with introducing the Avengers so early is every film, if we were to believe the motives of the characterisation presented to us, would warrant all of the Avengers to deal with the potential threat ASAP.

This doesn't happen because solo films are cheaper to make.

>at any rate, wanda ripped through adamantium, which is just as absurd

It could not be adamantium since that's probably covered by FOX's copyright of X-Men movies.

You should actually watch the movie at some point.

>why don't I just use a chainsaw to remove a hangnail

This is what you sound like.

>LANG: Shouldn't we call the Avengers for something like this?
>PYM: Nah, they're too busy dropping cities out of the sky.

It's been explained. While one solo MCU movie is taking place, so are the others. Kevin Feige has even said so in the past.

I saw it yesterday, and can confirm, the last Ultron was made also of vibranium, he just couldn't make a "super" robot without dr Chou, her machine and the gem.

Iron man, Thor and Vision blast him at the same time to destroy him, Wanda ripped out the heart of an already battered Ultron.

>explained
Handwaved.

It's pretty obvious Pim hates both Stark and shield, did you see the film?

It's impossible to create any kind of dramatic tension for your characters when you have the fucking Hulk waiting in the dugout with Thor not far behind.

It's a film. It's a made up story. Whomever wrote it had to make challenges appear difficult for the characters because otherwise the film wouldn't be interesting and no-one would pay to watch it.

>While one solo MCU movie is taking place, so are the others.

Nope. Iron Man 2, Thor and Hulk all took place within a week but that's it.

Not to mention that they all take place in different sides of the US.

>Ant-Man, San Francisco
>Captain America, Virginia and Europe during WW2.
>Iron-Man, New York, Los Angeles, Tennessee
>Thor, New Mexico, London, Asgard and its other realms.
>Hulk, Brazil to Virginia(Pre-Winter Soldier, Pre-Avengers), then to New York. After that he layed low till Avengers, then after that he was working in Stark Tower.

He was dealing with the Mandarin
>Why didn't Shield help out in Iron Man 2
They were working in New Mexico with a possible Alien threat(The first Thor Movie)
Was dealing with slowly dying, working on his new Arc Reactor, fighting Vanko and dealing with Hammer. Also, at that point Tony didn't know dick about Thor or what Shield was doing in New Mexico.
Captain was doing missions for Shield alongside Black Widow, Thor was dealing with uniting back the 8 other realms. Iron Man was dealing with Mandarin. Banner is the only one that comes up, but most likely nobody asked and he might have been working with that Chinese Scientist.
Captain and Black Widow was dealing with Winter Soldier events, Iron Man with Mandarin, and Hulk/Bruce well working in Stark Towers and what I said above.
>Why didn't the Avengers help in Agents of Shield
Shield business, if the threat was big enough I'm sure they would show up. I haven't watched it, but its a TV Show. It tries to stays separate from the Movies and its direction is only influence by the actions of the movies, not by the characters from said movies showing up.

Cap was branded a traitor, he went AWOL. Tony probably would've to catch him.
They did, a little. Iron Man 2 happens at the same time as Thor. Coulson had to leave in the middle of the movie.
How would he know what was happening? Nobody except Thor knew and he took out that iron thing quickly.
Dunno
dunno
not canon.

Would have caused to much collateral damage at the airport. Wait a minute.......

Iron Man 3/Cap 2/Thor 2 are not concurrent.

Iron Man 3 took place on the Christmas following the Avengers. And there was a good deal of time inbetween Thor 2 and Cap 2 as shown by the AoS episodes dealing with their aftermaths.

Top-Secret government business

They did, actually. SHIELD's involvement in Tony's life is a huge plot point of Iron Man 2, and it's the movie they introduced Black Widow as a SHIELD operative.

Thor had no idea who Iron Man was yet.

Probably the only time this was actually a concern. They really shoulda been there. Especially Hulk.

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but if I recall correctly, Loki asked Thor this exact question, and according to Thor, it was a point of pride that he could handle this business by himself. A fact that Loki used to his advantage.

Because Agents of SHIELD is non-cannon.

The collected vibranium was used to construct vision and to construct the device that lifted the city out of the ground

It would have been unfair.

Ultron Prime's body was still made from more durable material than Tony's tin can.
It only started to melt by a combined attack of Iron Man,Vision, and Thor.

>opening to age of ultron, shitty little hydra base is important enough for every single avenger to attack
>Thor 2, galactic level threat malekith is literally attempting to kill everything. No other Avenger besides Thor even cares.

I'd use a fucking missile if a) I could, and b) the tree was a badass.
Heroes who get arbitrary power ups that are not set up to be one-offs or specific for one enemy always have this problem. They should never, by logic, go back to their old powers. But then you go full superman and your character get so overpowered eventually that he gets boring.

>TL;DR: super hero movies are for kids or adults who want to turn off their brains for 2 hours.