Help me Sup Forums

Help me Sup Forums
I have this screen on my phone all the time, and it tells me to update. Obviously it's a virus, and everytime I close my phone for 5 minutes, it comes back. What do I do?

If I click update, this comes up.

>666
oh jesus

open by safe mode fagro

what type of phone?
contract or prepaid and what network?

nevermind the network thing. i didnt notice it said sprint

kind of looks like an actual update.

go through the menu and update android that way then see if it still comes up. if so wipe/factory reset.

What about protet in the update

factory reset, dude

what phone do you have and what OS is it running? I very recently upgraded to MM and it was a very similar message.

JUST MAN UP AND DO A FACTORY RESET

Fuck, I really don't want to, I saved so many fucking memes on here...
I'll upload the important shot online and then do a factory reset

Galaxy S6 edge +

Download a anti virus app and let it run, it should detect a faulty apk

Get the Norton security app and it will scan for viruses and delete them. No need to delete your memes.

>settings
>applications
>manage apps
>Sort by title
>look for sketchy apps installed
>????
>profit

there is an update due, but it looks borked. Slow phones, battery drains and bricking. I wouldn;t

could be a simple typo, they do occasionally happen. the settings based system update is the best route to go. also what android version are you currently running?

never use an antivirus!!! the free versions actually install viruses and then you have to install the paid version to erase them. its that way on computers too.

go to settings and search for update the legit way if this pops up its real

and then look for the same typo.
if it is still there, it was probably legit

i've never seen an update that had to install as an app

This

Android updates happenn at is level. The phone boots into recovery ( also goes by other names) mode to install updates.

>app dev here

Draw over other apps is a dangerous setting. U can basically run a service which draws over apps, and make a button look like one thing and actually be another (click jacking)

I knew another smart guy would eventually chime in.