Does medication actually help depression? Does it fuck you up even more? Do you become reliant on it?

Does medication actually help depression? Does it fuck you up even more? Do you become reliant on it?

I feel like I've been depressed for a year and a half.

It helps in the long run, but nothing will really help medication wise immediately.

Zoloft made my hair go bald. Thats when I found out what true depression was.

> Does medication actually help depression?

Massive trial and error to find what works for you because mental health isn't really exact science

> Does it fuck you up even more?

Depends on the type and how stupid you are to overmedicate

> Do you become reliant on it?

Some are physically addictive, some aren't. Most of them don't really have reliable studies for other very longterm effects

For some people it really helps, for others it just makes things worse.

For me it just didn't do anything at all, good or bad.

It only helps big pharma

Xanax cures depression it causes full bliss you don't feel anything bad but I abused it when I ran out I was in hell I would stay awake for 2 days straight be so tired but couldn't fall asleep my eye would be bigger than the other it was shit the withdrawal was horrible never doing that shit I'm just using red bull and working out to fix my depression

Kek

Xanax is not an anti-depressant, it's an anxiolytic. Anti-anxiety. And addictive shit, only good for shortterm

>See a psychatrist
>Tell story
>Get prescription
>Do research about recieved prescription
>Think if it's worth the side effects
>Take action

my prescription made my depression and anxiety worse for the first month
The moment I read it on multiple sites I just burned it and never went back.
Fucking jews saying I can't smoke weed but I can take zombiepills.

Went from Sup Forums to /fit/
Going for 7 months now and shits getting better by the day
>Got gf
>Gains showing
>More interest in hobbies

thats what I;m doing as well, though instead focusing on weight loss at the moment. 45 pounds down, 55 to go.

Hell, just eating healthy and drinking only water seems to have improved my mood. Still feel anxiety over stupid stuff, but its definitely helped with my depression

This, so much this. After bunch of fucked up side-effects from various medications even psychologist himself stated weed would be my best solution.

I stopped smoking because I was tired of fucking up my lungs and having to deal with lazy stoner faggots but goddamn it still gave me better quality of life than all the other shit doctors have put me through

>get gains for social gains
>endorfine as drug

Also
>Fish oil
Increases testosteron wich increases mood and libido
>Magnesium
Increases mood, sleep and allows your body to use nutrition better
>Zink
Boosts sperm production
>Vitamine D
You will never get sick
>Gingko biloba
Increases copgnitive functions

The most import thing I found for beating depression is that you are the only one who can change it.
You can only use certain things as tools.
It's just the matter of finding them and working with the tools to increase happiness.
I suggest reading ebooks online

It's sounding like prescriptions aren't helpful then?

Nice

Finding tools on here is like finding a needle in a haystack

You have to decide for yourself
It all depends on what medication you're getting
Like I said
>See a psychatrist
>Tell story
>Get prescription
>Do research about recieved prescription
>Think if it's worth the side effects in the short and long run
>Take action

I don't care about gets at all and you're stupid kys

got tier

Checked

WITNESSED

I can dump my folder
Interested?

I wouldn't say they aren't helpful but the whole process of dealing with mental health is just very tedious and aggravating. And depending on the type of person you are, in the longterm you either want to or need to look for other solutions anyway.

Don't have any delusions about brain meds. They don't make life fun. They just make it bearable

just got a prescription for lexapro today. any stories or experiences with this stuff? never done anti depressants before

yes please!

Looks like im blessed bois
Let me return the favor

W T F triple dubs as well ! ! !

Been on lexapro for 10 years without it I be dead or in prison for murder. With it I went to college and have good job

medications i've been on for depression

prozac, zoloft, celexa, wellbutrin, cymbalta, effexor

currently trying effexor because none of the others worked so we'll see how this goes. i've had severe depression since i was 14 and i'm 18 now. it's all genetic... i've tried everything to get rid of it. exercise, forcing myself to socialize, diet, medication, no medication...it's all pointless :')

Here you go
Any specific interest

>medication actually help depression?

one problem with anti-depressents is like all drugs a tolerance develops and they stop working. Everybody I know who takes them has to up the dose or switch to another one after a year or so.

This digits cured my depression. Have a look OP, take it all in

mental health, personal growth

God my streak is amazing
May all you btards be blessed by my digits

Alrighty

The "funny" thing about some anti-depressants is that they at first only target the symptoms. So people who are really depressed and have suicidal thoughts often feel very powerless and lethargic. If they take anti-depressants, at first the powerless feeling and lethargy falls off and they use their new motivation and driving force to finally commit the suicide they always planed but never carried out.

checked

kek what is it a quads with dubs?

Depression is actually really rare. Most people that are depressed simply live lives that are uninspiring and shitty.

If you went into a zoo and found 2/3 of Chimps suffer from depression the solution isn't to give them all zoloft, it would be to stop the slave conditions they live in.

This is because of Capitalism and how large our social networks are. For instance women rate 80% of men below average looking while men rate 50% of women below average looking. That is by design of evolution. So today in the dating scene 90% of men are below her attractiveness threshold because 50% of the men that cross her gaze throughout the day are on magazines and in tv and movies. The 80th percentile for all the men that she sees throughout the day is roughly the 90th percentile for men she actually interacts with outside. For men 60% of women are below their standards and too unattractive to date. This makes men and women extraordinarily unhappy.

I tried 3 different anti-depressants. They all did nothing except make me unable to cum. Still had erections and was sexually frustrated, just unable to get one off. The vast majority of anti-depressants are indistinguishable from placebos.

Amazing pasta
It’s very difficult. To change. Change is hard. It is harsh. It’s unfamiliar.
But change is needed. I need to change my behaviours and habits.
I have no regard for my body. I ignore its pleas to be rescued from the corruption of substance abuse.
What’s worse is that these drugs make me lazy as fuck.
I find myself devoid of the strength to even do activities I would normally find pleasurable.
I know I have to quit. I’ve known it for a long time. But here’s the hard part – I can’t.
The rational part of me constantly succumbs to my desires, revealing to me now that I have no willpower.
How can a man respect himself when he has no control over his own actions?

I need a thought. A powerful thought that can drive me through it all.
I know thoughts like this exist because I have felt their power before.
Jung says that a man can only be truly happy when he knows and feels that he is living to the best of his potential.
To live to the best of your potential is to find strong purpose is what you are doing, and to be affirmed by the gratification of expending effort in its pursuit.
Nothing can compare to the high of being productive.
Productivity doesn’t have to be in material terms.
By productivity I mean the feeling that what you are doing is worth something. It could be music, a sport, writing, or even meditation.

So I’ve decided to try and change. To love myself a little more by becoming someone worth something.
And my worth is not to be judged by the likes of fools who are similarly trapped in a spiral of modern day chaos and escapism.
The only judge of my true worth is ultimately me,
for the standards I hold myself to are far higher and more ideal than that of any naysayer.

Im gonna overcome all my wasteful desires by seeking the gratification I formerly derived from them from real things.
From activities that expand the horizons of my consciousness.

I came

Ive read both the power of now and how to win friends and influence people, whats level up your life?

Level up your life by Steve Kamb
Made me look at life like I looked at WoW
Grind hard for gold, reputation in guild and professions

sounds interesting, can you upload it somewhere?

Anti-PUA? Care to enlighten me user? Seems interesting.

Give me a site where I can because I dont know any site

Dem almost those quads
I have no clue I've read the book of pook tho
Gives clear explenation and good examples people can relate to

damn son

The problem with antidepressant is that they are overrated and nobody really knows how they work. For some people the work. You have to tried. Ive tried two so far (Venlafaxin and Escitalopram) and both didnt work. Also in the beginning they only were indicated for very severe depression. Nowadays you get them for light depression because that means more profit for the industry

try no fap, that stuff really works with anxiety and moods. i feel good after not fapping for 3 days

where can i find your books mate? and heartdrive seems interesting, what is it?

I have yet to find a good upload site
Heartdrive is filled with
>Gf goals like cute and hot girls
>Personal goals
>Personal stories
Here is one of them

Use the pictures I posted here and find the books online
In my experience all books can be found when looked hard for

oki my friend, can i see whats in the heartdrive folder?

Witnessed

Doesnt helped me at all. I tried Citalopram, Mirtazapine, Quetiapine, Melperone and some other stuff i forgot.
Nothing helps as good as alcohol.

>if adderall
Yes
>other
Enjoy bitch tits, impotence, and weight gain

Opkkre wez

I've been on oxcarbazepine (mood stabilizer) and bupropion (anti-depressant) for 3 years now for bipolar disorder. At first I felt no change, then it seemed like I was "numb" but now I feel incredibly balanced. It has saved my life.

Truly kek has blessed you with these gets

I'm a master of depression. Been depressed most of my life.

Have been on Remeron, Prozac and Wellbutrin. Remeron made me very tired and spaced out, horrible withrawl!!

Prozac had too many sexual side effects, nerfs your precious testosterone.

Wellbutrin is imo superior to all other antidepressants, it has a chemical structure that is similar to amphetamine, and works much faster than the others, and no sexual side effects, no growth retardation.

Go for wellbutrin, you wont be dissapointed. Works almost at once too, give you energy to do stuff.

Stay away from sedating antidepressants, being tired and lazy does not make you less depressed!!

- Depressionmaster

>>Wellbutrin is imo superior to all other antidepressants
This, fucking this. I had a discussion at length with my doctor about what I did and didn't want in a medication. We had a back and forth about the positives and negatives of both. I decided on wellbutrin (bupropion), to be supplemented with trileptal (oxcarbazebine). I have to wonder if more doctors don't prescribe it because the generic is like fifteen fucking dollars and they get bigger paychecks from other pharma companies.

Shadilay

>Some are physically addictive, some aren't.
All of them are. All of the common ones anyway. Going cold turkey when you've had your fill of Dr Feelgood sucks ass.

>Most of them don't really have reliable studies for other very longterm effects
Because they'd prove how absolutely shit they are.

"I feel weird, therefore the meds must be working."
Next thing you know, you're a mass murderer.

But pristiq and trintellix are superior. The drug rep told me so!

>>Some are physically addictive, some aren't.
>All of them are.

funny how they don't call it physical dependency or addiction when its a legal prescription drug thats not a controlled substance.

Since I take paroxetin for 2 years I feel great and I have breavery and selfconvinience to go to the teraphy. And my therapy is dated on 7th the march.

moar infographics!
i need them all. i lost my old ones from way back.

_Plot Twist_

Mass murderers are usually on medication because they have .. wait for it ..... mental issues

So you're saying the shit doesn't work?

OP What do you feel is depressing you? What can you ACTUALLY do about that problem if you tried really hard? Try this first.. Then try talking to a professional whilst trying this .. Then try drugs.

>Dr, I feel sad.
>OK son, lets get you on some paxil

>Murder is fun!

This will be my last post
Maybe I'll start a infopic thread another time

Cant forget those gains

waarom zo agressief ;_;

You know why

Thanks for reminding me to take my Citalopram. I'm on 30mg daily but often forget.

Been on Fluoxetine, Sertraline and now Citalopram for 10 years now so not exactly sure if it helps or not. However I'm fairly stable.

?

>waarom zo agressief
nevermind i fucking translated it my goddamn self
kind of forgot i could do that

>Year and a half
lel. Come back once you've cleared a decade+.

Been through half the SSRIs in the book and not a one does shit. Sheer fucking willpower is the only reason I'm still breathing.

Waarom zo agressief
Warum so aggressiv
Why so aggressive?

Dutch is the laziest fucking language in the world. Just smash german and english together as inelegantly as you can, add a couple aa's and ie's, and boom, you've got Dutch.

Quint dubs confirm quint quints, and no one is losing it. What is the world coming to?

>Gingko
mom science

>eat healthy food
>get delivery to save time
those ideas seem kinda opposed to each other
>don't answer the phone unless it's an emergency
how would you know what it is before answering?
>wear smart fabrics
what the fuck are smart fabrics?

>quints

Look again Mongoloid

I don't really know what's causing it. It's like all the fun and enjoyment, the colour in the world, has been sapped for no reason.

I've stopped watching anime or playing vidya or going out to karate, now I literally do nothing. No hobbies. I don't know where my motivation's gone.

Damn bro, that's just cold. Don't you know how hard it is to read when you're forced to constantly squint?

LSD helps if some part of you is willing to accept the bittersweet truth of reality.
Otherwise it'll probably drive you insane.

Shrooms are supposed to be much...kinder. I can't speak for them personally beyond a single experience that was one of the most relaxing times in my life and I've generally heard very good things about them.

DMT will fuck your shit up and turn you into an "ultraspiritual" faggot.

FUCKING A. This guy gets it.

Fucks you up more, zombification is the best you can hope for. You should just man up smoke some weed and drink yourself to sleep like the rest of us.

It isn't a science at all, it's a business. It's just another scam so the pharmaceutical companies can profit off of their legalized pushers ('doctors'). Funny how many new disorders are added every time they come out with a new dsm--there's a reason for that and it's got nothing to do with the collective good. No one in the 'medical' business stays in business by curing anyone.

are you for real?

user, you are a fucking great person

10 years on.
Just came off them 2 months ago.
Never felt better in my life.
Being on anti-depressants took away a decade of my life by making my depression way worse, and giving me anxiety, made me put on weight too.
2 months off, already lost the weight, already feel so so so fucking much better.