we never have goth threads, lets have a goth thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QveJv7V4OZI
youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
youtu.be/_nA7KZF94wk
youtu.be/T7rBzhmbxvs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hellyeah

Does pic related fall under the goth umbrella?

Definitely, especially if we're considering Post-Punk as 'gawth' music.

I've decided that these bands are goth:
The Shadow Ring
The Dead C
The Sound
A Frames

Wow you sound like an idiot.

Was this goth before goth?

youtube.com/watch?v=QveJv7V4OZI

of course
please don't shit up my thread

>especially if we're considering Post-Punk as 'gawth' music.

I know that we're supposed to eschew labels and disregard subgenres and microgenres but sometimes I get so darn confused about what goth is, especially since that Joy Division t-shirt is the memeiest thing ever

>also post more spoopy qts

whiteys got no culture

I was sad when I found out pic was considered goth, but I guess it does make sense.

No, but this was
youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

this is very good bait

lol yeah, I do.
it's less about genre, and more to do with the evolution of sound, sure Goth music has it's ties to others, but most of the earliest bands have Punk, Post-Punk roots. Hell, even Alien Sex Fiend has some ties to it since their sound can be traced back to Suicide, or the No Wave scene in general.

>that album cover

>Alien Sex Fiend
youtu.be/_nA7KZF94wk
I like this song a lot, do you have any basic recommendations based off of this?

You might also like Skinny Puppy to if you get into Alien Sex Fiend a lot, but regardless try this album of theirs.

Thanks

What if I'm catholic AND goth?

>being a gnostic crowleyite passes for "Catholic"

I'm just a fan pic wasn't related

Dan Ash is my favorite guitar player.

>implying religion has anything to do with the type of music you enjoy.
>fucking myspace logic.

it does though, when the type of music has such a strong occult theme to it. Music isn't always just music. Art has a point.

>spiderweb fishnets

God damn it...

love this album

it's really Kafka's desk

you can be any religion you like, and still listen to any music you like. I know assholes who love Burzum and Gorgoroth, who go to church on the weekends. Common, user, get adult. also, stop mucking up OPs goth thread.

Composing and performing music as a form of religious devotion isn't unknown outside of the pop music tradition.

Maybe it's because I'm not a fundementalist, but a lot of music I listen too like current 93 (tibet himself is a christian although unorthodox) I have no problems with. Actual Christianity is very deep, poetic and beautiful.

In the abstract, yeah sure. Not everyone sees it that way though. I don't agree with it, but I can understand why someone of a certain religion/ideology would have feelings about music based on those things.

I agree 100%. I was raised Catholic, and I have to say, the Church did a piss poor job of giving me an understanding of the religion. I'm just now opening up to it again after a few years of Philosophy in school, and some courses on ancient texts, theology, etc.

Hey atleast it's music discussion of some kind instead of just shitposting

>just shitposting
This is now a gothfu thread

What does pic related listen to?

>doesn't post a pic

>pic related

my chemical romance

Combichrist

There was a goth thread yesterday..

Get used to it buddy

>Combichrist
Is that Jared-Leto's-Jokercore?

No?

Is witch house welcome here?
>inb4 witch house is not goth music
It's a mix of darkwave, ethereal wave (both goth subgenres) house and trap
youtu.be/T7rBzhmbxvs

I like it, but it isn't trve goth

Never said it was

I'm a Catholic but I listen to a bunch of black metal and goth and all that shit. I think you're wrong m8

My dude read my second post, I wasn't agreeing personally, I was just saying that it makes sense that people would find a conflict of interest there in some cases