Why did Marvel Pussy out of killing off a main character?

Why did Marvel Pussy out of killing off a main character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G97LrHy0aSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7q6X8oHh7wA
indiewire.com/2016/07/die-hard-john-mctiernan-marvel-captain-america-modern-blockbusters-1201705429/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fanboys

Yeah. Pussies.

$

>it happened in the book so it should have happened in the movie!

That's fucking dumb, not to mention it'd be disingenuous because every dumbass would know from the comics they'd come back somehow.

Steve turning his back on being Captain America was far better than him being sniped on courtyard steps then trapped in the past with time bullets

dirt rising off coffin

They did already in Avengers 2.

Who?

They just paralyse a character rather than outright kill them off, it was pretty lackluster.

Maybe not killing off main characters is the new killing off of main characters

Because they're going to kill Cap in Infinity War, senpai.

Quicksilver

>main character

I dunno why did DC pussy out of killing off a main character?

he's going to die in IW with over half the cast

there were no stakes in CW so him dying wouldn't ammount to shit

>they didn't do thing, it was lackluster!

Yeah if you're going to ignore the rest of what I said, then you can fuck off.

Killing main characters is stupid and leads to more stupid shit, like the death of Superman. That went full retard and nearly tanked DC.

What they should have done is nearly kill Iron Man and have Pepper show up and save his ass.

Everyone expected someone to die in Civil War. It obviously couldn't be one of the original Avengers, because they will all be a part of Infinity Wars and if they do stupid fake deaths and revivals then then the stakes for future movies are kinda ruined. Based off that, the obvious move is to kill off a secondary character. Obviously this would have to be the result of some freak accident, because the Avengers would obviously be pulling their punches and being very careful not to actually injure one another. In the end, it came down to whether or not to kill War Machine. I am glad they chose not to. His death wouldn't have meant anything. It would have done much more serious damage to Tony's relationships with Falcon, Vision, etc. and diluted the focus on Tony's anger towards Bucky and Steve. If anything, I think it was cool that Marvel made the smarter and braver decision of keeping Rhodes alive, despite the expectations otherwise.

What are the other options?

Kill and later revive main character a la Supes in BvS.

or

Kill character no one gives a shit about and whose death everyone sees coming a la Slipknot in SS.

Yes, because needlessly shoving feminism into something always works.

They wanted the movie to present to "right" side and end with the Avengers shattered and facing the repercussions of their choices.

If someone got killed in the conflict, the dead hero's side would be considered the right one, and if someone died after the conflict, like many people wanted Cap to, the heroes would just get over their differences to mourn him.

Also, "Civil War" in the comics ended with Cap surrendering and being locked up. He only died in a follow-up event called "Lost Son". The only hero that actually died during the conflict was Black Goliath, and they pretty much reproduced his death with Rhodes, but crippled him instead.

Why would they kill off characters portrayed by actors that still have several movies left in their contract?

>Cap dies on the comic.
>He goes back to time thanks to a magical bullet.
>His death wasn't a direct consequence of the ""war"".

Who?

youtube.com/watch?v=G97LrHy0aSQ

Comic fans are so bothersome. Any character can die, any character can become absent from the story. Saying captain america should have died adds nothing to the story. It would have made someone a murderer. That was not the story. It's much better to use your characters in ways to explore them and the story than to kill them off.

Because killing characters to show how sthuper thseriouth things are this time you guyth is what's killing Marvel comics in the first fucking place.
It has no narrative purpose other than drama and gives us stupid shit like Quickslav's death in Age of Ultron.
If a character dies it should flow organically from the script. At no point should you be thinking "we need to kill off a character".

>If a character dies it should flow organically from the script

This is exactly why it should have happened in Civil War. Cap dying would have been a good conclusion to the plot, but my guess is they're saving major character deaths for infinity war. So in reality it's exactly for the bad reason you mentioned that is why it didn't happen and it's going to happen in the future.

Hey, this poor schmuck died in the comics..

>If a character dies it should flow organically from the script.

You mean like when Vision shot down War Machine? He should have died from that. It would have helped give weight and depth to the conflict between the heroes, as well as raising the stakes because then the audience knows there's something at risk here. As it stands, you just know the entire time that everyone is going to come out just fine and it's all basically pointless.

Before you mention War Machine going through physical therapy at the end and struggling to walk, that's meaningless as well because in his next appearance he'll just have some glowy Stark tech on his legs and be piloting his suit like normal. They didn't even have the balls to put him in a wheelchair and actually alter his function on the team by way of not allowing him to utilize his suit any more due to paralysis caused by the Avengers' infighting.

Until they actually confirmed that, you're just projecting.

Who confirmed what?

Well they just killed Bruce Banner in Civil War 2, so I guess they might have wanted to avoid too many twists at once or the nerds might collectively shit themselves.

tony explicitly states to turn falcons wing thing into a glider. War machine cannot glide if his core isn't functioning, falcon can.

I don't know. Literally who cares about Don Cheadle?

Worked for Iron Man 3, my girlfriend wouldn't have let me watch it without at least three female empowering moments.

Why did DC resort to """""""killing"""""""" superman after two movies?

Why would someone die in Captain America: Civil Scuffle

>still better than BVS by far

Daily reminder that even YMS who hates literally everything likes Civil War. Civil War had its problems, but overall is as good as a cookie cutter summer Marvel movie can be.

youtube.com/watch?v=7q6X8oHh7wA

Because they're going full damage control trying to salvage their cinematic universe. They needed something big to try to get people in, and killing off Superman probably made sense t them at the time.

>Characters staying dead in comics
Nope.

>Why did Marvel Pussy out of killing off a main character?
Who would you want them to kill?

>i would rather have them kill a character only to revive them a movie later

Fuck off. They did it this way because everyone know comic superhero "deaths" are bullshit and have no narrative value.

>everyone know comic superhero "deaths" are bullshit and have no narrative value

I legit like Paltrow as Pepper and think she's a good character.

God damn if Alien was released today you faggots would wail and moan so hard, fucking pussies.

Because Marvel and Disney have no balls to actually develop their characters and give them any special meaning.

Is that supposed to prove something? SUPERHERO.

Might as well count Peggy croaking as a death then, fuckstick.

>girlfriend
Yes, your mom is a girl and your friend.

>he cant follow simple character development between films

You deserve BvS

Not him but you got owned, retard.

What development?

There has been zero development in any of these movies.

The comics have a shitload of character development but they don't touch anything of that in the movies.

>not him
>obviously him

I said superhero death. You're the only retard stupid enough to not be able to parse sentences correctly.

>he doesn't know how to identify samefags

HELOOOOOOOOOOO REDDITTTT

Rewatch them. Iron Man and Captain America had very nuanced development throughout the movies, both becoming increasingly more broken as time goes on. Black Widow too.

Something tells me you haven't read any comic at all.

Something tells me you think you're on Sup Forums when you're actually on Sup Forums.

You do realize you're a retard, right?

I have, but why is that relevant? We're discussing movies.

The discussion is actually about the character development between comics and movies, you're literally a fucking retard.

I have a pile of comics, ranging decades, and I think you're an ignorant, self loathing worthless pile of shit.

You're full of bullshit and you know it.

If you actually read the comics then you wouldn't be defending the movies at all.

Lol fucking nerd. You want a 1-1 adaptation of your precious comic book; except in movie form?

ROFL

Now you're getting desperate.

Funny, the first film I ever saw him in was Hotel Rwanda which I saw in a life studies class in high school, had a fondness of him ever since.
I liked Howard but I think Don is a good actor for Rhodes

Not desperate enough to throw a temper tantrum about capeshit on an anonymous Tibetan goat hearding forum.

Keep crying, bitch nigga.

You're getting desperate as fuck.

‘Die Hard’ Director John McTiernan Slams Marvel Movies & Modern Blockbusters
>“I hate the majority of [major studio] films for political reasons, I can’t really watch them. I’m annoyed the second they start”

indiewire.com/2016/07/die-hard-john-mctiernan-marvel-captain-america-modern-blockbusters-1201705429/

Is he right?

Because the tumblrinas would be mad and they consist of more than half of their audience.