Sup Forums Poll:

Sup Forums Poll:

Is not being attracted to a particular race considered a micro-aggression or something along those lines? Are you a "racist" for it?

discuss

who gives a shit

You're retarded, go back to Tumblr

no /thread

You are a really bad samefag

Read the post numbers before you claim samefag you newfag
Don't /thread yourself

nope

It is a microaggression and I'm not surprised a majority of the people who disagree are WHITE. Point is, if a person's skin color is actually enough to make you attracted or not attracted to them, there's a major underlying issue there. It is not the same as picking and choosing brunettes over redheads or whatever. It is LEARNED and reinforced through cultural bias.

I don't see what being white has to do with it. I've seen other races do it too.

The information exists. The PhD dissertations are one Google search away. I don't really need to say anything further. Not being attracted to someone based on race or skin color is a micro-aggression, very racist, and predominantly learned in white and white-passing cultures. This isn't new or hard to prove.

It's obviously prejudicial, anyone who denies that is retarded, read the definition of prejudice. However, there's no hatred or anything like that, and you shouldn't need to date anyone, you have no obligation. Having prejudices about who you want to fuck is perfectly okay. So Microaggression? Maybe, not sure quite what the definition of one would be. Prejudiced? Definitely, read a dictionary. Racist? By extension, prejudice based on race is technically racism. But is it okay? Definitely. As long as you aren't inciting hatred or anything like that, who you want to fuck is your business, whether or not it contains prejudice

No, it's simply taste, being attracted to someone isn't about some cultural bias, looks are important to many people, how is it in any way racist to find a skin colour less attractive? Doesn't mean you like that person less and anything like that, just you're not attracted to him/her

there's a difference between an innocent question and a loaded question

a difference between an innocent statement and a loaded statement

Ya feel?

Microaggressions aren't real. Your perspective is just shit if you think every question, statement, or otherwise is racist/sexist or whatever.

But can you explain HOW it's an aggression? And do you have any sources of info that it isn't just a preference? You're the only person I see in this thread with this opinion so I'm just curious how you formed it

Yeah, my point was that nobody should be ashamed of having preferences. It's no different from hair colour preferences or gender preferences. However, as much as I hate to say it, it does technically, by definition qualify as racism, as it is a prejudice based on race.

Anons trying to go for that white people are the only ones who never see anything wrong with things that are clearly racist to other races. White people are always the ones trying to justify their racism.

Yes. I agree. Now, if i told you that America is a melting pot of culture and race

What would you say?

Are you gonna make an argument or just blabber on about what skin colour you assume I am?

"The majority of the people who disagree are WHITE" That's some awful irony if I do say so myself

Of culture? Of course. I don't really see how you can melt race without generations of racial mixing though. I'm a bit confused as to why that's relevant, however.

is just stating a fucking fact, most of the people who said it was a preference are white & it's NOT surprising that white people didn't understand how it was wrong because they'll never understand racism hence why the fuck they disagreed with it being a micro-aggression.

I don't agree, If we replace a person of skin colour with a friend, do you find your friend less worth because you are not attracted to him, is it holding prejudice or discrimination to not be attracted to him? Are you antagonising him because you are not attracted to him? No I pressume, attraction isn't about any of that. So why is it different with race?

I'd like for you to respond to me. You are clearly prejudiced towards white people and your statement is a "micro-aggression" towards them.

Not who youre talking to but I don't find my friends attractive, so it's different

Yeah, that's why I don't think it's a bad thing. You aren't holding hatred towards them or viewing them in a negative light. It's a very specific prejudice, to the point where calling it racism (While technically accurate) Is pointless and misinformative. It shows nothing about your attitude towards anybody

All of you asking for resources need to stop being fucking lazy & look it up if all of you are so damn interested. Y'all dragging that guy for not wanting to waste their time with you ignorant fucks when y'all know to use Google & apparently know how to use your keyboards perfectly fine from the looks of it. Wasting all that time when y'all could have been getting educated.

First of all, can you link the source? Because otherwise you are just talking out of your ass.
Second, how am I discrimminating someone if I find a race generally less attractive, because their feelings are hurt, how is that related to any racism? I don't see it, attraction has nothing to do with how a human is as a person, simply preferences for a partner. If I generally find fat people less attractive am I saying fat people are less worth or lesser as humans or should have any other right, NO, because it's about physical attraction. So can you explaing how it's a micro agression or whatever? Or are you just gonna say it's fucking facts without any source?

No, but I mean, would you bang your friends or be in a relationship with your friends? I bet there is a friend you wouldn't want that with, think of my argument as replaced with that friend, as long as it's a good friend ofc

Google.com

Yeah I guess you have a point, it wouldn't be so much that then

Yeah, I want anons specific source, so fuck off or link it

Ok, why don't you look it up yourself?? I'm 9/10 sure that's how user got their info, that's how I got my info. You need to read into it to understand it more, there's 100s of articles that explain why fetishizing another race that's not yours is racist. You're into them or not into them based on stereotypes & stereotypes are racist & ignorant.

Well I'm glad that you engage in debate through name calling and, like the first user to disagree, you offer no support for any of your conclusions. If anything, you should properly educate yourself on how to address people.

But you where talking about a statistic fucking atricle, so link it. Anyway, can you explain what I asked you to explain?

Microaggressions don't exist you dumb bitch

It's either an aggression or someone reading too deep into a statement. Fucking microaggression is bullshit buzzword created by people who like to offended at literally everything.

Just because you get offended by it doesn't mean it's a microaggression.

Dumb motherfucker

Generally when you cite you fucking facts and tell all about how many sources you have, you should be able to link them yourself instead of being a lazy ass and screaming google it, we don't know where you got your information, so just fucking link the source if you want abyone to take your already retarded "arguments" a bit more serious,

You're into them or not into them based on stereotypes & stereotypes are racist & ignorant. I thought that already answered your question on "why is it racist"

So to be clear you think being able to google examples of something is proof it exists lol?

No, but attraction can be purely physical, is it based on stereotypes to find someone less physically attractive?

gb2reddit you pile of fail

I would argue yes. We are trained daily to think ppl who are retarded or looking funny or weird.

We are trained daily to think ppl who are retarded or looking funny or weird are less attractive*

I think that the results of googling are examples

I'm not gonna bother to give you examples because I know it's a thing and I don't feel like putting in my time to broaden your knowledge

You all claim to need proof, if you want it so badly look it up yourself

It really isn't. While I do assess attractiveness on a case by case basis, I can't help but notice that trends appear. And that's pretty much what sexuality is. It's not racist for me to have broad, unintentional trends in attraction towards Eastern Europeans, in the same way that it isn't sexist for me to have broad, unintentional trends in attraction towards women.

It's not based on stereotypes to find a big ass more attractive or dark skin hot, how is there a difference between the two?

No, but when you make a claim you say is based on proof, we want "YOUR" proof, the proof you are using...

Again, I would argue it is. All the women you have in ads & shit are either fat assed or the opposite depending on the stereotype they are trying to push

You don't really get how debates work do you? It's not up to the opposing side to supply you with sources.

But in all honesty the "proof" is that it's a made up term to validate people who have fragile little feefees

Yeah, all right... I'm geting tired of talking to you now, you're just repeating yourself and we're getting into a whole other topic now, it was fun talking to you, see ya

> I have no argument and I'm unwilling to look up the evidence like a big boy

Who do I trust

The guy who comes in cursing and insulting people with different opinions

Or the literal dictionary

Hmmm

The best part is that the examples are like if you ask someone where they are from it means that you think they aren't American. Or if you say, "I don't see race" that means your skin color doesn't matter which is somehow bad.

If you say America is a melting pot you have to assimilate to our "dominant" culture.

Fucking stupid.

You can't cite your sources, it's not our job to find proof for your claims. And I'm tired of talking to you because your starting to talk about your shitty tumblr view of media and totally derailing from the topic of racism. You make no good arguments to answer my questions, you are extremelly rude for no reason and you cant link your own sources. I'm tired of talking toi you bewcause it would go on forever

Read my comments, I ain't a part of this debate, I was just pointing out the original user wasn't wrong in their original statement

The proof for MY argument is right here in the comments