Losing my live show virginity

I have literally never been to a live show for any kind of musician ever. I'm 18 years old.

Will be going to see Suicide Boys in a few months, so this will be the first live show I've ever been to.

Curious to hear what others first live shows were like. What age were you and who did you see? Pls post your experiences and anecdotes ITT.

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/CharlieO675/events
twitter.com/AnonBabble

16 seeing deadmau5 at lollapalooza. Technically saw modeselektor before him but that was the main reason I was there. Cool show but I've seen too many shitty edm festival add-ons now that I'd never want to do it again.

Are you autistic or disabled? How have you never been to a show at that age. You're going to stick out like shit

Never really got super into any music until I was in my late teens. Just used to listen to whatever was popular but never cared enough about any certain artist to see them live.

12 years old, Paul McCartney on April 11, 2002. I got to see him again in 2014.

I've been to a lot of shows that I tried to catalog in pic related. I'm positive I've forgotten a few. I'm also nowhere near as big of a metal fan as this list would let on. My friends invite me to go to metal shows often, and I enjoy the experience.

>Will be going to see Suicide Boys in a few months, so this will be the first live show I've ever been to.
kill yourself plz

Oh you're one of those people. Big gamer?

The only live shows I've ever been where underground punk & metal brazilians band...

Does it count?

Shit I wrote everything wrong kek

Nah not really. Used to play video games quite frequently between the ages of like 11-15, but films have always been my biggest passion.

I live in upstate NY, and my city doesnt really have a scene or any big venues. sux

I feel you bro. Big reason why I've never been to a concert yet. I live in a little shitty town in Ireland so it's rare that acts I'd listen to would even come any where near where I live.

>going to a suicide boys show

lmao you really are a virgin

What city's Lolla did you go to?

14 years old, Green Day on July 20, 2009

All I really remember is that it was probably the loudest thing I had heard until that point. Good show though.

I try to catalog all the shows I've been to here, I don't think I've missed any either
last.fm/user/CharlieO675/events

I live a couple towns over from the Orwells. I saw them a few times, but I can't remember years for sure. How was Uncle Acid?

Aww shit. I neglected to mention in the OP that I almost got to see Death Grips as my first show. Strictly over 18 policy, I was one month away from 18 so I had to use my big bro's ID, bouncer wasn't buying it and I didn't get to see my favourite musicians of all time as my first show. Feels bad man.

Yeah, they were great, but Twin Peaks definitely outdid them the first time I saw them.

Uncle Acid was fine but the venue kinda sucks and I don't like metal shows. I left after I'll Cut You Down desu
That really sucks, I was just thinking about it the other day. In addition to it being a great show, it was the one Fantano went to, so every couple of songs I'd look over at him on the balcony and he'd be making this face

dam bro im 18 and ive seen Death Grips, Testament, Death Angel, NMH, Against Me!, Mischief Brew, AJJ, and Joyce Manor.

step up

Did u meet the melon

Not him but is that a bad thing?

OP I was also 18 when I saw my first show. its fine, nobody cares if you go alone or how old you are. you dont really stick out unless youre like 40.

totally shite advice

>tfw played gigs with my own band, but have never seen a show that isn't a shitty local band

my first show was Primus in 2011

fugazi+the make-up, I was 14, it was 1996. I'm fucken old.

mine was Beyonce :D

No, but I saw him from across the street

>saw the make up live

insanely jealous. how was it? was ian being his pretentious self? what outfit were they wearing?

hahaha, yeah, it was cool. he was wearing a really tight suit. I only really knew fugazi and was a dumbass kid, so the advanced-level shit from the make-up kinda went over my head...I kinda just thought it was weird. still bought an LP.

fugazi were really amazing that night though, incredibly tight and loud live show. I went home and told my mom that my new hobby was going to punk shows.

16/17, Opeth, Watershed tour

Enslaved was the opening act. I had never heard of them, but they were fantastic. Opeth themselves were absolutely brilliant. Excepting one song change, their set list was perfect: Heir Apparent, The Lotus Eater, Hessian Peel, Godhead's Lament, a fucking 20-minute rendition of Closure - it was too good.

Until recently I considered this my favorite concert. Seeing Steven Wilson last November knocked it down to second place.

14. Black Sabbath. Faggots in front of me were smoking pot. Loud as fuck. Couldn't understand Ozzy because of how goddamn loud it was. Hearing Children of the Grave was so goddamn hyped.

AC/DC when I was like 12. It was pretty cool and one of my favorite memories with my dad.

I can't stand concerts anymore though. They always make me really anxious with all the people, the bands/artists performance is never good, and it's expensive. I used to feel bad missing shows from bands I like but now I don't even check for concerts.

i saw metallica at 14 with my dad

"Weird Al" Yankovic in 2010. Yeaaaaah.

Death From Above 1979 in 2005. I ended up having a chat with Jesse Keeler about the opening act. Jumped into the Moshpit when they started and some fucking dick decided punching people in the back of the head was acceptable.

Pretty fun night,

My first real live show (I had been to a Beatles cover band and my step moms shows before) was at Godspeed You! Black Emperor when I was 16. This was right when they started touring again and I was pumped. My friend ended up canceling and my parents didn't want me to go to the part of Dallas where the show is by myself, so they suggested I go with my dad. I pretty much said no, but my dad bought tickets anyway so I saw GY!BE with my dad. He had no idea what was going on and there was a guy smoking something that wasn't weed or tobacco in front of us. My dad was accepting about the music though and was just happy to spend time with me, so it was a good time. Next show was Boris while I was high as shit and I was right in front of Wata's full stack. Good stuff.

this is the most vile thing i have ever seen posted on this website

ummm. first live show? think i was eight years old, maybe nine? went to see lynyrd skynyrd with my dad, one of his buddies, and my sister. paul rodgers opened. i had never seen drunk people before this. thought they were mindless ghouls and i was terrified. we all laughed a shit ton at redneck antics and that show still comes up in conversation to this day. overall got some great material, have not quit going to live shows since. 8/10 experience even though that isnt my kind of music.

My first show was The Life of Pablo tour this year for my birthday, it was the only show by an artist I liked that ever came by my area

13th birthday saw Weird Al but that was with friends and in a stadium. My first real show was 19 when I saw Vampire Weekend. Most of my expendable income goes towards concerts now

This was mine. I was 17. The Offspring were my favourite band and I missed them at Soundwave in Feb, so I knew I had to catch them on this, how often does a band that big hit Australia twice in one year? They were great but I was too nervous to be getting into the pit at that point.
I knew Sell Out by Reel Big Fish and they were fantastic, a super fun live show, everyone was into it. Nothing else really worth mentioning.

The first time I went to a proper "show" was NOFX in Barwon Heads. They were on my "get into some time" list and when I saw they were touring, I decided to get into them sooner and see them while I had the chance. When I got to the show, it said, NOFX with The Bennies. I was like, oh right, opening bands, I am dimly aware of this concept.
I was right in the middle of the crowd and it was a great pit. I crowd surfed to Kill All the White Man, their last song. More importantly, however, the Bennies were fucking fantastic, and through getting into them, I got into heaps of other small-time Australian bands which are now the main thing I listen to. The Bennies are now in my handful of favourite bands (I can never pick one)

So in short, going to shows is great for getting connected to your local music

I am 25 and have never been to a live show.

26 when i went to my first one

15 shabazz palaces
get better taste or stop baiting my dude

Not OP but I didn't go to any before I was like 25 because I was too poor

Im 19 and havent really been to a real show
no one interesting ever comes to my country
(ive seen some bands from my country but its not like i cared about them, they were just a part of some other event)

>first show is suicide fuccboys
lmao OP

Are you me? I saw it in Montreal though

My first real show was hearing my mom play horn in our local orchestra, but started going to festivals and shows at around 12-13
My first show I actually travelled a long way for was Korn and I remember it loving it and being hyped as fuck with my friends while we were in the pit
I remember one of my friends attempting to crowdsurf, failing miserably and Jonathan Davis laughing at him through the mic
Good Times man

No one cares

Not a problem, just go if you really want man

Chicago

Warped Tour when I was younger, but first single event was a Borgore show when I was 18.

First show was Umberto Tozzi when I was a child. First real show was Cannibal Corpse at 14, and I'll remember that night forever.

10 years old dad took me to ozz fest to see black sabbath. someone projectile vomited onto my head.

Are you me? Where I live there isn't really the option, also I don't have a social life, but even if I wanted to, I actually couldn't go see any relevant or even interest bands.