In france, we believe that you're a failure if you don't own a Rolex by the time you're 50

In france, we believe that you're a failure if you don't own a Rolex by the time you're 50

is it same in your country ?

The Jews at Rolex really got to the French population

One thing is post memes but wearing them...

Rolex's are for tryhards

Especially since there are so many fakes of them

nice culture you got there

They are looked down upon here amng upper middle / upper class circles , however Noveau-riche people, a lot of centre middle class people, lower middle class twats with tattoos ,pakis and working class people love them

No. Showing off money if frowned upon here anyway.

In reality people would love to have a Rolex of course, but you better not mention it.

I'd rather have a Citizen watch. Rolex is for people who want to be seen. A moderately priced watch to me says hey look I care about my appearance but not so much that I'll waste money on a name like Rolex.

That's something from an advertisement everone mocked for how stupid it was. Don't like all French people think like this you mouth breathing imbecile.
This. Rolex are quality watches to be frank (used to be a watchmaker) but they really have this tacky and vulgar connotation middle to upper managers without any culture have. Basically "I earn money, look at me"

fuck off, Zarkosist

no
not in Greece

Don't you need a certain amount of debt by the time you're 50 in Greece?

Are super big wrist watches popular in your country?

>But useless shit to fit into stupid stereotype
I'd rather drink away all those money

If anything, that would be Rolex's failure in business rather than your failure in your life if they fail to make you believe that.

> by the time you're 50

Same with a Mercedes car

i want a rolex but i know ill just get shanked because of it
if i ever get one its just gonna sit in my house as very expensive decoration

>50
"You're a failure if you didn't earn one million before you're 30."

No
They are seen as watches for Deno or rich chavs
Nice watches they aren't all glitzy are more respected
Or just no wearing any jewellery

They're pricey, but it's not as if most people can't afford it if they just prioritise spending their money that way.

kek be careful foreigners are so dumb they will believe you
a jew said that once here and it became a meme

that being said he's right if you can't in theory afford a 5000$ watch at 50yo you probably fucked up somewhere

In America, only poor people want to buy a Rolex. People with taste buy Patek Phillipes

Yes
t. Milan

Exactly, while mechanically they have some quality they have been tainted by association with the sort of shitty people who like to buy them.

I see so many adverts for fucking Patek Phillipes in my papers and magazines

Why would anyone wear a watch when they're already carrying a phone?

You are a failure anyway if you don't own a skyscraper full of time servers by the time you are 50.

No. Owning a Rolex is seen as a symbol of pretending to be successful.

nobody cares about watches here.

maybe the same but with a good car or your own flat
but not a fucking watch :)

the joke was about the public debt, still i didnt know you had less private debt than us. Bravo
>maybe you switched japan and greece with mspaint

What is Sup Forums opinion on buying an omega watch?

It's jewellery for men.

>Only poor people want to eat at Mcdonald's
>Me ? I eat at Wendy's, like all people with taste
Screw you watch elitism. You guys are insufferable. You just like to throw big names around like you're some hotshit.
I could go even farther. Only white trash that bought a watch magazine once would buy a Patek, real cultured people want a Jaeger Lecoultre

Omega are very good watches for their prices. You can get some used for very cheap and they're usually in pretty good condition since the after sale service is quite competent (well used to, it's not a worse quality now but there have been some business practice impacting the maintenance business these years)
If you like sport watches they're perfect. Their Deville collection is a bit over priced imo.

I could afford a 5000€ euro watch right now and I'm a poor student but that's a very poor use of money

Showing off your wealth here is very frowned upon in general

This, it's not like we need watches anyway.

Oh dear, your watch isn't bespoke? How embarrassing.

R A R E
A
R
E

In Brazil, if you flaunt wealth, or you is a ex-poor, or you have poor soul.

Please, you underestimate me. Of course they are
I made this one precisely with metal from the titanic. A good piece of art if I might say myself.

Rolex watches were pretty popular amongst nouveau riche during 90's in Russia. Even nowadays they're still associated with dirty money.

So it's a gay thing? Like that handerchief language where the color/location of your handerchief indicates how you like it up the ass?

Nice. Any other brands that I should look out for? How much does an omega cost in EU?
I like simple leather watches, like the one you posted.

How boorish. The hands of mine are made of slivers of the true cross.

No, because people would steal it sadly, always wanted one but I can't use it.

It's just a display of status. Every working men can buy a nice suit and shoes, but only the top percentage can buy an expensive watch. You can't show your expensive car or house or bank account, so you need to get a watch so that the other rich people can identify you.

Perhaps looks for Tag Heuer (Grand Carrera are great) or Longines if you like leather and simple watches (flagship) as they are cheaper.
It really depends on the collection. Can range from 1500 to 15 000€. Most of their watches are in the 4-8 000€ range. It's easy to get one second hand ones around here since maitenance is expensive and people usually inherit them. Instead of taking care of them they just sell it.
My my, still using hands like you're from this astral plane of existence ? I expected better of you. I imported my display from the 9th dimension, custom fitted so I could show it to other people (that's why there are numbers).
Quite exotic, don't you think mmmmmm ?

Both tag and longines are hugely overpriced for what they are.

guess it's a fucking miracle if you ain't dead by time you're 50 here

i have a hamilton and 2 citizen one broke the crystal shattered like nothing, sad!

No, that would be more about having a nice house and family, with professional sons and daughters.

Goysumer tool/10

no. What a stupid fucking metric to measure success by.

The face of mine can only be read by Rainbow Mantis Shrimp and canonized roman catholic saints.
The wrist band is made out of dark matter.

post sounds like a donald trump tweet. preposterous!

>USA 7th place in debt
Kind of disappointed
For some reason I thought we would be 1st by a huge margin

I would buy some other brand. Rolex is too show-off

>all these horological plebs

>not buying German

Volksschädling.

Best Rolex coming through.

>ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Would guess it is a fake...

Every Rolex has that.

This one is nice

>not a sub 5513
Into the trash....

>Vintage Sub
>Not the 6538

Well, not too surprised thinking about people wearing them. Same people that wear Ralph Lauren shirts with an 30cm brand batch on the chest.

Anything better available than picrel in nippon?