Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

I'm a socially successful guy who browsed here for about 5 years, here to give advice to those who want it

If you have any questions about life, dating, women, making friends, social interaction, or just anything really, give it a shot and I'll do my best to give you some helpful advice!

I fukd ur mum

Why do you feel the need to lie on the internet?

How do I get laid?

I've been told I'm very good-looking, I have a thin build. I don't get out a lot.

what kind of training work related do you do

I don't, and I'm not. I figured this thread would most likely not take off, but I wanted to give some depressed/lonely anons a chance to help themselves, if they wanted to.

did you always have confidence or did something give it to you?

I'm apathetic about everything, how do I stop? I want to have passion for things again.

Answers coming, need to type them out

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean working out/lifting?

She hasn't answered since 4:40 this afternoon. She's coming off a 3 year long relationship and I don't know if she's just distracted (it's her sister's birthday today), or if she's just not interested. Was gonna give it till tomorrow before I said something about how hard it is to keep her attention, but do you have a better idea?

It's hard to find any guys from my school who use marijuana. I would love to get close to this kind of people. How to spot a grasshead?

Pathetic response lol

How would you deal with this situation:

Girl I like very much has tons of psychological issues, untreated, with a family that cares little for her, mostly because of bad parenting and a military background. You have the necessary skillset to fix her issues, but are unsure if you lack the patience to deal with them and turn her into a perfect companion for you journey through life.

How so, faggot?

did you go to school for job, where do you work

"You have the necessary skillset to fix her issues"
" but are unsure if you lack the patience to deal with them and turn her into a perfect companion for you journey through life." pick one you retarded cunt

Honestly, looks only matter if you're an outlier on either end of the spectrum. Most guys are average looking, that's why its called average. Being fit helps your own confidence and girls notice you, but that's about it. Girls will lose interest if they see that you're a douchebag or desperate.

Instead, focus on NOT thinking about getting laid. I'm sure you've heard that confidence is key, and that's true to a certain degree. But I don't think of it as confidence; I think of it as being easy-going, relaxed and not nervous, comfortable with who you are. When you're those things, confidence comes. Focus on that.

In my experience, when your goal/intent is to get laid, it's counterproductive to your success. Girls are people too, not just sex items, and when you're only thinking about sex, you'll criticize yourself on everything you do and only think about things through that lens. Not only is this usually fairly obvious, but then the stakes for talking to girls is SO much higher than if they're just a potential friend, and that just throws you off.

Thanks for the insightful response, you cockmongering cumslurper.

Define socially succesful

Just got dumped by one of those. Seriously user, don't.

no problem you, fucking pube munching mong

Definitely did NOT always have confidence. It came slowly over a number of years, coupled with the realization that 99% of people have the same exact thoughts you do. Everybody does and says stupid shit; the difference is, outside of high school, you're the only one who fixates on it. Nobody will remember that stupid thing you said last week except you, so don't be self-conscious about it.

Learn to use your commas, you sleazy smegma sommelier.

This is absolute trash advice, people will DEFINITELY remember stupid stuff you say and do, this is why you think before you act and speak.

I'm socially awkward, I don't go out, like at all. People say its easy "just go out more", but how the fuck am I suppose to do that? I'd liked to meet new people (girls too) but where am I even suppose to go / do.

Not OP here. It sounds cliche, but get out of your comfort zone -- go start conversations with strangers (start out with guys if you're not comfortable talking to girls). Just keep in mind that it's a stranger, so it doesn't matter if you come across weird or awkward at first. Starting up conversations is a skill that you can and should develop, so just give it a shot. You'll definitely get better at it (everybody does) and that will eventually help you to meet women, either directly or indirectly. Plus it will help you in other areas of your life as well (career, networking, friends, etc.).

Trust me, this works. I am an introvert too, but one day I just decided I needed to get off my ass. Went to a bar, by myself, and struck up a bunch of random conversations. It was kind of tough at first, but eventually you get to the point where you can walk up to folks and engage them in conversation. It's my experience that most people like to meet a person who seems interesting, so if you've got something cool to say and aren't trying to sell them anything, they're listening.

This is a tougher one, and I'd be lying if I said I had an easy solution for it. I've struggled with this myself a lot.

The best way I've found to fight off apathy is to do stuff. Try and be alone a little less, whether it's hanging out with friends or going out and pursuing social hobbies. It depends on you, really, but some ideas are vidya tournaments, or getting a membership to a climbing gym, or joining a local bowling team. Wallowing in the apathy only makes it worse, and if you get out and try new things, you might just find THE thing that lights a fire under your ass. Best of luck, man.

I'm actually currently in college. If you want to give me some specifics about your situation I might be able to give you some better advice.

should i go to college?

I'm in a long distance relationship, my girlfriend is very devoted to me but we can't see each other much so she wants it to be open for me to fuck other girls (nothing emotional though) when we're apart from each other for months at a time. I haven't really tried to do anything about it yet but it's definitely a tempting idea. Problem is, I don't have many friends who are girls and those I do I have some sort of past with and they're off limits. How can I find a girl to just be friends with benefits with, no emotional strings attached?

What's it like to have a friend? it's been so long that i've forgotten

Thanks for the response. Actually, this is one of the few actual helpful answers I have ever received here.

>implying any of us want to get better

First off, never say something you read in a Sup Forums thread to someone. It might seem oh so tempting when you see that ONE screenshot where it might have actually worked, but just don't.

In this situation, you just dun goofed. She's coming off a three year relationship AND it's her sister's birthday? You basically guaranteed yourself to not get laid... she's not going to prioritize you over her sister, and at best she's probably still a little shaken from coming out of a three year relationship. On top of that, she probably gets hit on all the time, and you opening with that line comes off as pretty douchey. I'm not judging you, but she probably is. Most girls don't want to have a one night stand, so don't make her think you're only in it for the sex.

You should try and get her out to do something fun that will take her mind off everything, preferably a group thing with alcohol involved (to loosen up a little, don't rape her). Also, as a general rule, referencing any time in the past that you may have had feelings for each other is a no go (unless she does it).

alright man, just got out of a long relationship and now I'm having a hard time adjusting to socializing with people, help a bro out. 20 years old, first year of school, how the fuck do i interact with people

your response to her was too long, she thinks u care too much now.
next time try the "ok we'll work somethin out later" approach.
have a nice rest of ur night, and nice try!

Assuming you're in high school, if they disappear for lunches, smell strongly (either of cologne to cover it up or just straight up weed), or are late a lot are generally good indicators. If it's not socially stigmatized, just ask someone who you think does smoke if they want to smoke together sometime, and then use that person to build your knowledge of other people who smoke.

This depends... on the one hand, I want to say that you shouldn't try to "fix" her or "turn her into a perfect companion." Not because of moral reasons, just because it's hard to really change people and it probably won't work out. Psychological problems are usually pretty deeply rooted.

On the other hand, I want to say that if you think you can truly, genuinely help her with some of those issues, then go for it. Just be aware that you might hurt her a lot more if you do get romantically involved but then break it off, and will most likely just make her feel more damaged.

>don't rape her
since thats the first feminazis have in mind you are one i guess

This depends largely on your circumstances, but if you can afford to, then I'd say yes. Not only is it a good time, but the research shows you'll have an easier time finding a job and make more money than those who don't.

Tinder comes to mind. Most girls would not be down with you being in a relationship AND hooking up with them, because emotions usually get involved. I guess I'd try being upfront about it on Tinder and see how that works out. Maybe have a bio that explains your situation and what you're looking for, and if you don't have success with that, try some small casual banter before moving onto a question like "What are you looking for here?" again with an explanation of your situation.

Hey, OP. I have a dilemma.
>girlfriend says we need to talk
>I'm an honest guy that doesn't fool around with other woman, I'm dedicated to her exclusively
>We talk
>she says "I don't think you should be going out with me. I get severe depression and I'll only bring you down."
>She also says "I have no confidence in myself. Do you know how many times I planned out my suicide?", general depressing things etc.
>I hold her closely, break down and say that I don't want her to live a terrible life. I want her to continue on with her life."
>She cries too
>We both share a happy moment together
>We're going to a museum together tomorrow
In the end, I believe me and her are in good standing. I sincerely like my girlfriend and I think she wants to stay with me. Judging by what she said, OP, what do you think she wants? Please be honest with me.

Yeah this is so accurate. You can't change people, and no matter how much you really could help them by loving and supporting them, go. Really. Slow. Wait, be just a close friend for a while, find out what's wrong with them exactly and feel what it's like dealing with them.
But always remember the general sound advice, do not stick your dick in crazy. Don't. Fucking. Do. It. If they're broken you can be the duct tape that holds them together but eventually they're gonna start pulling apart again, and you're gonna go with them. Do both of you a favor and make absolutely sure you can handle it before you start a serious relationship.

They'll only remember it if it's the offensive variety of stupid, like racism, or if it's funny stupid, like mispronouncing a word. Other than that, I guarantee most people don't give a shit and will have forgotten by the next day. You only fixate on it when its yourself, or when you have such severe self-esteem issues that you judge other people that harshly.

Good advice. You have nothing to lose if you're talking to a complete stranger, so don't be self-conscious about it.

Sure thing. This was actually inspired by a similar thread I saw while browsing Sup Forums years ago, when I wasn't in a good place, so I figured I'd try to pass it forward.

Some obviously do.

Seems like sound logic to me

How do you find interests with girls you talk to? One of my fears is having the looks to pull a girl but not having any personality or interests to keep her around.

No, I gaurantee people remember the stupid shit you say and do, opinions on people are literally formed based on what they see you say and do, saying stupid shit and doing stupid shit will cause people to have an opinion on you as a stupid person. Yeah, one stupid thing won't drastically shift people's opinion on you, but they'll remember it and if you keep doing stupid shit they WILL form a negative view on you.

You're in college you said, you're young and most likely have not experienced life in a proper workforce among a diverse range of people. They WILL remember stupid stuff you do, FACT.

I'm trying to articulate what it's like, but it's hard. Having a friend is like having someone there for you that will make you feel like you have value, even if you feel worthless at the time. It's having someone who you can bullshit with as easy as you can have serious talks with. It's frustration and stupid arguments, but forgetting about them 15 minutes later. It's comforting and gratifying and frustrating at the same time. If you need to talk, let me know, maybe we can figure something out.

Ask her what she does for a living/studies/plans on doing for a living/interests

Act interested in her reply. Done

how often do you fap?

About 3 times a day. My record is 8 times in a day, but the dick was sooo sore afterwards, I couldn't pee without the burning sensation

Judging by what you said, she has extreme self-esteem issues. One of the problems with people with self-esteem issues is that they think they don't deserve happiness, that they're not worth it. She was probably at a low point, and despite everything you said, she was probably thinking that dating her is going to be too difficult and too time-consuming for you. That SHE is not worth YOUR time, and that her happiness is not worth your time. She might have been hurt so badly in the past that she's afraid of even being happy. I can't say for sure, I'm not a psychiatrist and I don't know her, but my recommendation would be to make sure she knows that you're there for her and will continue to be despite an argument or her depression. Have you seen Bojack Horseman? I think you should give it a watch. It has some of the most real character writing I've seen in any TV show, animated or not. It touches on depression a lot.

how do I get the courage to ask this girl out? I'm afraid she doesn't actually like me and I'm reading into things wrong.

>haha

user I met a girl at work. I work at a grocery store and she came to self checkout before I could approach her she asked me for help I small talk her a bit and told her bye and have a great night. She works 2 minutes away at a sub shop and I want to talk to her more and ask her out how can I approach this since I don't want to hope and pray she comes back to the store

Would you rather long after this girl for months, potentially ruining other chances at relationships along the way while remaining a perma-virgin as she fucks her way through every Chad you know or ask her out tomorrow and get a definitive answer on what's going on and be able to either move on or start fucking?

That's where the confidence comes from user, because it's the smart play.

>open for me to fuck other girls
That's because she's fucking other guys you fool.

Well if you want to talk to this girl but can't rely on her coming into your work and you know where she works I guess you can't do anything about it, sorry user.

Wait, fuck! Just had a brilliant idea, you can go to the fucking sub shop and have a yarn with her. Don't beat yourself up user, that was a pretty hard puzzle to solve.

Well, make sure you have interests! Find something you like to do and actively pursue it instead of watching Netflix or browsing the internet for a couple hours. Then hopefully you can meet girls through that, and you already have a mutual interest, or if you do find a girl you'll have something to talk about. Find something other than vidya, just one thing.

We'll seem like she liked me she smile and laugh as well I'm kicking myself in the ass not talking to her more but we were busy and I don't want to go in and vice versa she busy and can't talk to me and the place is expensive to eat what should I do

The other answer you got is the Sup Forums answer to things... I wouldn't recommend it.

Honestly, you need to read the signs. Do you two talk? If so, does she instigate the conversation ever? Does she laugh and act engaged in the conversation? Have you hung out one on one in any non-professional/non-school environment?

Those would all be good signs, and if they're there, then she's probably into you. If you think you're reading interest, throw out a suggestion for a casual coffee sometime (or whatever would work well for you two). Don't overthink it, but don't fall head over heels in love and rush things.

Hey OP there is this girl, which I worked with 3 years ago, never meet her since, but still regularly think about her. Don't asked her out in the past because I had no money and was focussed on studies. In the past we didn't talk much, mostly work stuff, but she seemed interested, can't really tell for sure because I am bad at reading people. Now I am finishing my masters, still got not much money, but much better perspectives. How can I ask her out? Should I? I know it would sound creepy after all these years... how to fix this, any ideas?

The other guy was an asshole, but he's right. Go drop in to the sub shop and buy a sandwich. Be smooth and make some conversation, try to make her laugh if you can. When you're paying, give her your number and say "Hey, give me a call (or you could say "shoot me a text") if you want to grab a coffee or something sometime" and leave. Be relaxed and confident. That way, if she wants to call you, the ball is in her court, and if she doesn't, there's not any outright rejection.

Shut up and post that set faggot

Also, if you do what I said here and things go well and you end up dating her, you'd have a good story in a few months about how you went in to buy a sandwich just to talk to her!

Thanks for the advice I don't know if she works on a register because I think she makes the sandwiches but I'm going to stop by tomorrow during my break to see if she there and go from there I'll never know if I don't try right

Forget what the other fags said to you, trying to tell you to reason with your fear. Fear by nature is irrational.

Go for a run, lift some weights, do something to exhaust yourself thoroughly. Then take a very hot shower. After you get out, you'll feel pretty good. Just say f'k it, pick up the phone and call her.

The trick is to shock yourself out of your fear. Learn to predict your emotions and how to work through them.

Any tips when it comes to job interviews? Going for one soon and I'm wondering what I could do to make it the best I can.

Need help with this one OP

1. Take pride in your appearance. Shower,shave,hair cut, nicely ironed suit. This will help you feel more confident + make you look more appealing.

2. Drink coffee before the interview. You need to be on your game and sharp as a tack.

3. It's cliche to say 'be yourself' but seriously, just relax and talk to the people. Own who you are. If they don't like you or you don't like them or feel comfortable then you're not going to want to work there anyway so fuck that. Be honest about who you are as a person and what you're good at. Own the fact that you would be valuable employee.

4. Small talk and joking is allowed and encouraged. Getting them to laugh will eliminate most of the awkwardness.

ohhhhhhhhmygod the spaghetti... Listen; people can feel your energy when you communicate with them. If you feel insecure, no matter how good you think you are at faking it over text, you'll come off insecure. Just chill and focus on yourself.

That's retarded. If she's got tons of issues, go find another girl that's not got issues.

Dude, you have a masters. You have a lot to offer the girl. Quit being a bitch and ask her if she wants to get some coffee with you. There's nothing wrong with that. People do that even when they're really only being friendly.

Well, this one is tough to answer without knowing details like how often you see her or talk to her, but I'll give it a shot.

First off, remember that your interaction with this girl was THREE YEARS AGO. Don't build a narrative in your head of a long-lost love. She might still think of you occasionally, but she might just consider you a coworker she worked with three years ago and hasn't thought about since. What you thought was interest might have just been politeness. You've both probably changed a lot. Just don't get your hopes super high and expect her to be a certain way. Basically, just try to avoid anything like celebrity worship syndrome.

Hopefully, you've had some contact with her over the years so it's not coming out of nowhere... if you haven't, I would probably drop it to be honest.

That being said, we have Facebook! If you don't see her in real life, send her a message on there. Again, I'm hesitant to give advice without knowing the details, because this is a sensitive situation. If you want to let me know some more, like how often you see her and talk to her, if your friends on facebook, and generally more about your interaction with her, I can give you better advice.

Thanks OP. Will remember advice next time I go to a job interview.

Trump being elected proves once and for all that you can say anything and be OK if you don't act like it was a big deal.

nigga u gay

Do - NOT - put - your - dick - in - crazy

"you have the skillset to fix her issues"
No you don't. You think you do, but you do not. Going into a relationship wanting to 'fix' or 'change' someone NEVER ends well.

>Go to the gym

>Build a routine out of building a better life for yourself (whatever you wanna do; Sup Forums should be a rarity imo)

>Occasionally go to social events (bars, concerts, other public stuff that adults do) and meet people.

>Some of those people may have parties/gatherings (or you could be that person).

>Repeat and continue for happy life.

PS if you focus on yourself a lot it should help you be more secure when you go to meet people cause you won't feel like you NEED them to be happy (since you got stuff you're doing on your own).

Screenshot this or whatever and go live life.

Yep. Worst case scenario, you get a good sandwich and don't see the girl. Good luck my dude.

Sadly, this is one area I need some help with myself. This guy has good advice. In addition to what he said, use your resources to your advantage. Google "common interview questions" and "tips for interviews" and "best answers to common interview questions" for starters, and spend some time absorbing the info. This will not only help your confidence, but if you happen to get one of the questions or even a slight variant, you'll look much more on the ball with an answer prepped and ready to go (without making it sound fake or memorized).

It took me a while to type but I responded

This is essentially the gist of what I said here and is good advice. Call it "energy" or "micro expressions" or whatever you want, but people are aware of your general feelings.

op if ur still here, im 19 in febuary, i was supposed to go to penn state's engineering school, i look average, im trying to start working out again to slim down a bit, i had to put off college for a year because i lost my "endurance" sitting down and doing homework was psychologically painful and could even cause stomach discomfort. i had 1 or 2 friends but they are at college now. ive been socially isolated for so long i dont know how to reintegrate or where to do it. i have the confidence to walk up and say hi my name is etc but i keep hitting a wall after stuff like fav music/tv shows etc. the other problem is i cant think of any place i can meet ppl my age and not creepily start a convo. for example stopping someone and introducing urself to someone on the street or in line at starbucks imo is kinda creepy and not the right place to do it. any help would be appreciated thx. if u have follow up questions ask away this was a bit of a ramble and not sure i covered everything.

That response wasn't me, but I added a little to it here best of luck!

Sorry, I must have missed this. But yeah, what this guy says here is a good start. I can't stress enough how important finding a social hobby is. It doesn't matter what it is; it could be video game tournaments, Magic tournaments, going to a climbing gym, dancing classes, joining a local sports team, joining an improv group... you get the idea! Just try to minimize your time spent alone playing vidya, watching TV, and jerking it, because those tend to be pretty anti-social hobbies.

Thanks for the thoughts. I understand your point, its a shitty situation. I tried to avoid thinking of her in these years, but recently this is getting harder as I am fixing the things that kept me away from approaching her in first place. Probably I will hold my temptation of messaging her and asking her out for some more time and give it a shot if I fell the same on the future. And if she rejects me I think I will be better, at least I will know how she fell about me.

I don't have the set, but here is the one other picture I have. I also know the one on the left in this picture is Little Caprice (on the right in the op photo)

And I forgot to mention, I didn't talk to her after I left the job, hooping that I would forget her.

Not OP but I was like you in college. Beta and bullied in highschool. It takes a while to break away but it can happen.

- Realize that you are smart. Engineering is hard. You're going to do it. That means you have something valuable.

- This will sound weird, but I recommend drinking a little. Don't get shitfaced drunk, but drink maybe 1 or 2 beers. Get a buzz. This will relax you. You are giving a shit about too many things that don't matter. Chill. Alcohol isn't evil in moderation. Grab a buzz and just cut loose.

- Set a routine and workout.

- Stop eating garbage fast food bullshit. Learn to cook and eat something healthier. Grill a steak, throw some seasoned veges with it. You would be surprised how much your diet will impact your attitude, mood, behavior, body, ability to do homework, all aspects of life. I suspect that will solve a lot of your physical problems in combination with routine exercise, even if not intense.

- If you can't think of something to say, ask questions instead. Women especially love to talk about themselves. Even if you don't give a shit what the answer is, ask them anyway. Just keep them talking. You'll find something to say eventually.

I wanna buy an overwatch loot box, mind spotting me 2$.

fox or falco?

-i know im smart because of the way i process information, i look for patterns to see how everything is connected in context etc the problem is i just dont do the work. and i was accpeted im technically on a gap year. (advice to anyone who knows they are smart, never assume u are the smartest person in the room even if u are everyone can contribute in some way)
-i dont eat fast food or garbage i have a really expensive palet, filet of fish, nice cuts of meat, i love crustaceans (shrimp lobster clams mussels oysters scallops etc) the problem might be butter etc. but trust me its all organic quality foods.
-just an fyi i do drink when i can i like beer especially stella carlsberg and other similar ones.

I'll respond, give me a sec to type it though

This is all pretty good advice. I've even pounded a couple beers before a date to take the edge off, just don't make a fool of yourself.

Nah

Falco, easy

thx this helped tho. just the response itself helps but the social thing seems practical

Where to meet people? In class. Walk around campus. Go to the bars. Really just go where there are the most people and the loudest. Get a drink and go with the flow.

Ask surprising questions. For example, go up to a girl - Hey, I'm trying to get a group of people together to go to Las Vegas this weekend. Do you want to come? You can bring your friends.

If she says no, fuck it go ask another girl. It really doesn't matter what she says, that will definitely lead to more questions you can ask her. If she says yes, then fucking plan the trip and go to Vegas for a weekend with her. Win/win.

hey im in uni and want to go to parties but all my friends try hard business students, I look decent and dress nice, how do I find and get invited to parties? ps im at a commuter school.

who are the others obv the left one is caprice those were the only fake tits i found hot until i saw the middle one in this one.

im not in college rn

and how exactly would i get served they card everyone and im not risking a trial for a fake id.
ideally im going there this fall but idk

My gf of 3.5 years recently left me after she became depressed and super stressed at her new job. We had an extremely happy/loving relationship, but the new job caused her to stop loving me and she eventually left. Any advice on how to get her back?

College parties don't require an RSVP man lol Walk around campus - especially around Frats and Sororities and look who has loud music. Walk in. If anyone asks, say Joe from X class said there was a party tonight. Joe who? He never told you his last name.

Bring your tryhard friends if you want. Remember to always - always have a drink in your hand when walking around a party. Then just talk to people.

College parties don't ID you. You said you're going to Pen University for Engineering.

There's more to this story. She didn't break up with you because of a job/stress. Don't care if that's what she told you. That's not the whole story. Something probably happened to her that she isn't telling you about.