Hey Sup Forums what's the best way to start making a lot more $ per month?

Hey Sup Forums what's the best way to start making a lot more $ per month?

I'm 30, have 2 kids, a mortgage, me and my wife both work full time and we live in a relatively inexpensive area.

We used to make finances work, but lately we've been getting behind on all our bills and I would just like my family to have a more comfortable living. If I could make like $500 more/ month it'd be all good?

Advice?

Inb4 kys, prostitution, selling drugs...

Other urls found in this thread:

portland.craigslist.org/wsc/sls/5961849564.html
portland.craigslist.org/clc/sls/5965341568.html
portland.craigslist.org/mlt/sls/5962715752.html
portland.craigslist.org/clc/csr/5955648013.html
portland.craigslist.org/wsc/sls/5966285075.html
portland.craigslist.org/wsc/sls/5958176165.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A better job or a second job.

Well I got a mortgage too so.

Bump

we need a city or general area

Oregon

then why are you not growing weed.

or shit even clones. fuck bringing them to flower

Even worse, let your home get foreclosed buy someones foreclosed home use what you can to fix it.

I'm within 1000 ft of a school.

good answer. give me a few min for plan B

get a real job you fucking fry cook

I'm making $17/hr at a grocery store full time.

>we used to make it work
>but lately

First of all, what changed?

If you have a basement in your house you could convert it into a second suite and rent it out.

You and your wife could both work an extra day a week each

Reassess your daily consumer habits. Do you buy stupid $5 coffees every day? People don't realize how fast that adds up.

Shop around for better Internet deals.

Cut cable because TV is cancer.

Speaking of cancer, quit smoking. Drink less.

Are you commuting in an efficient way? Could you be more energy efficient?

any mechanic skills?

this is your problem. get the fuck out of there. what a dead end waste of time

Shoulda gone to college idiot

i agree with all of this

and this

but too late for that.

how about sales. can you talk to people. start pitching roofs or kitchen cabinets. start somewhere where its not some union bs stack fruit and sausages.

Thanks for the help.

>$17
>Kids

This is your problem. You need a much better job user.

At this point going back to school might not be an option. However, the store might be able to springboard you into something better. Do they have a warehouse? Can you get a forklift ticket?

Don't even dream about "better living" when you can't afford the current. If you could, you wouldn't be behind with your bills. You think getting more would fix your problem? No. You would just spend more. Cut all the extra until you get your bills paid, make a spreadsheet of all your expenses. Reassign money from stupid stuff to usefull stuff that brings more joy. Note that you could bleed your money out to useless monthly fees from stuff you don't use OR that you could use cheaper version of.

It's so much easier to save 500 from stupid shit than make 500 more.

no. fuck this.
get into some sales gig on the side, make cheddar. then poop in aisle 9 on the way out once you hit your stride.

ups drivers make $30/hr and if you're not retarded the jobs easy as shit. it's hard to land full time positions but still pretty great.

You could get into extreme couponing, and save a lot on things like groceries, toiletries, paper products, and household cleaners.

ya, kinda missed the holiday push. but that gig only buys you 20 years and then your body is broke.

i am serious. get on CL and find a sales gig you can do 2 days a week.

Abortion?

>First of all, what changed?

Holidays, inclement weather days means not working as much

>If you have a basement in your house you could convert it into a second suite and rent it out.

We don't have this option

>You and your wife could both work an extra day a week each

True

>Reassess your daily consumer habits. Do you buy stupid $5 coffees every day? People don't realize how fast that adds up.

Thank you. Very true

>Shop around for better Internet deals.

We have the only internet available at $60/month it's not too bad.

>Cut cable because TV is cancer.

We don't pay for cable

>Speaking of cancer, quit smoking. Drink less.

I don't do either

>Are you commuting in an efficient way? Could you be more energy efficient?

We have to drive approx. 160 between both of us/day cuz we live in a rural area and our car gets about 30 mph...

where in oregon. I'm going to find you a new job right now.

I didn't mean he should stay.

>get store to put you through some BS ticket on driving indoor go-cart
>potential for immediate raise
>turn around and find some union gig paying $28/hr

Get life insurance on your kids/ house
And set your home on fire while they sleep
You can get a shit ton of cash pretty quick
Just make it look like an accident

Become the company hooker im sure you will make the money you need
>im a god
>im getting trips

Literally went to a school for mechanic's drank instead of studied though can't manage to get a job with it though. People pay the minimum amount possible. No interest in future talents...they still use a desk top computer.

Columbia county

i see. then i agree on condition that is temporary while you become a master at selling windows. because OP lets be real. are you the kind of dad who wants to meet your kids prom date and say HI i am so dumb all they could find for me to do is drive this. Im one computer away from having my job eliminated and living on the street

Please don't do this.

Also /adv/

Thank you. I'm exploring this option

portland.craigslist.org/wsc/sls/5961849564.html

stepping stones.

PRO TIP. if you don't call and ask for the job you will never get hired in sales. If you learn one thing tonight let it be this.

Not OP ... did that for one Xmas..

Absolutely shit.... If you enjoy stressed out people being at their absolute shitty-est like the Loaders fucking up the order or the UPS store employees that dump all the packages on the floor in the back..... total douchebaggery from the commercial accounts GED dock workers fucking up left and right.

Then the wear and tear on joints climbing up and down stairs or loading docks all day.

Tylenol + motrin+ aspirin is your after dinner dessert just so you can sleep.

Fuck UPS jobs.

portland.craigslist.org/clc/sls/5965341568.html

this is probably more of a grind (haha) but potential to make huge piles of cash. Its like bottled water but with crack it it. get that contract and your golden.

Never too late for college. What line of work are you in now? How to you go to the next level? How far are you from PCC or MHCC?

People need to realize this.

Live the 1960s lifestyle
> no cable
> no interwebz
> no AC
> no eating out
> etc.

I bet you'll find that you're well-off by standards of 50 years ago.

Can your wife web-cam?

You'd be shocked at how much they can make. A few hours a week masturbating on cam could put her kids through college.

Thank you for doing this search, it pays less than what I make now, though.

actually your an idiot and wrong.
at this point he needs to be preparing for his kids future. the opportunity passed.

If you don't get one of these CL gigs I'm going to come through your screen and smack you OP.

don't be a piece of shit and make something of your self.

Also, watch shark tank. thats a fucking education in real life biz.

Sell drugs and don't do em

Him going to college would put him in more debt, and therefore make him earn little to nothing. Financial aid would help, but it won't pay for the whole thing.

yes i saw that but you might need to take a step back before you get to go forward. put in a solid 6 months and then jump to a better opportunity.

You need to get out of that dead end store. You need something challenging and decent on the resume. Anything else is better.

And you better pick up the phone and ask for the job. because if i saw your resume i would toss it because i would think you have no ambition.

-buy all your food from the cheapest grocery store.
-no more eating out
-wahhh wahhh I dont have time FUCK YOU you do have time you fat fuck, you don't even lift and you cant make your own meals? FUCK YOU.
-did i mention stop eating out? not only will you stop being so fat, you will save a shit ton of money.
-does your wife work? she could be bringing in an extra 1200 or so a week and thats with a shitty ass dumb fuck job.
-how old are your kids? i had a job @ 14 my parents told me to buy all my own shit and to stop being such a little faggot - tbh best lesson i ever had
-if none of the above are an option then you gotta get a part time job unfortunately, listen, find a sales job. i sold laptops at a shitty ass store and made commission. eventually some faggot will come into the store looking for a comp, sell him it and make some cash, sell the warranty too.
-start lifting, even if you are stuggling with money, make this happen. all men need to lift. if stimulates the body and the mind and you sort out problems like these while lifting because you actually have time to youself to think.

Good luck faggot

We go over our finances about every month. We live somewhat frugally, we probably could cut out a bit more, though.

Doing nothing will guarantee nothing happens. Student loans are relatively low interest and you can pay them off over what, 25 years now.

He needs to stop working at the grocery store and learn the grocery store business. The GM of an Albertson's makes what, probably $90K a year plus profit sharing. A night MBA and expressed interest in learning is about all he needs.

>Him going to college would put him in more debt, and therefore make him earn little to nothing. Financial aid would help, but it won't pay for the whole thing.

Community Colleges have good programs to get a marketable skill in little time for less money.

Be a $30/hr HVAC tech or plumber would more than feed a family.

If OP wants to work indoors, he could get a MS systems engineer cert.

you know what. i think you need an example.

my good friend. took care of retards in a home. got fired for bullshit. best thing that ever happened. now works at thompson reuters selling books and shit making 60k+ two years in.

Fuck off Randy

This poster again, i just read all the other posts and they are complete shit. Don't take their advice. They are here for a reason.

Just take my advice and close your browser for the night.

Anyway, im heading to the gym for my SECOND workout of the day.

nothing personal kid, but i gotta jet

didn't read any of the other responses so someone may have said this. Anyways though what do you do for work? You should see if your work will pay for you to get more training or schooling. Do that shit and then get more paper OP.

Drive..... People need drivers and non CDL drivers alot. Are you physically able to move heavy bulk items?

Plumbers assistant
Electricians assistant
HVAC assistant.

These are indoors trades... Trade your time for apprenticeships and in a few months they will pick you up for pay. These are indoors and year around Trades jobs.

If you choose education..... go medical.... Send the wife to night school for CNA as a stepping stone to Nursing.

You medical...... Lab Technician or Medical technologist (same thing) pays well starting with a Associates.

or Water Treatment Plant operator pays fantastic for a Associates.

In the short term on your days off.

Haul trash ... get a truck and haul junk ...there are plenty of old folks and women that need the yard cleaned up.

get a shovel, a few buckets, and some trash bags. line the buckets with the trash bags and hire out to clean dog shit from customers yards.

Forklift isn't that bad an idea. Get on that fucker and learn to use it. Loader at distribution nodes make the low 20s per hour when Union.

fuck off bo-bandy

Something really isnt making sense here op you say you and your wife work im assume she makes around 12-15 bucks, and you live in a pretty in expensive area, living already cheap thoughtfully, where the fuck is all your money going? You should be at least getting by on bills and esentials.

>-buy all your food from the cheapest grocery store.

We do

>-no more eating out

Could probably cut the little we do, out.

>-wahhh wahhh I dont have time FUCK YOU you do have time you fat fuck, you don't even lift and you cant make your own meals? FUCK YOU.

Kek we make ~90% of our meals.

>-did i mention stop eating out? not only will you stop being so fat, you will save a shit ton of money.

Cool

>-does your wife work? she could be bringing in an extra 1200 or so a week and thats with a shitty ass dumb fuck job.

Read the first post

>-how old are your kids? i had a job @ 14 my parents told me to buy all my own shit and to stop being such a little faggot - tbh best lesson i ever had

Kids are 6 and under

>-if none of the above are an option then you gotta get a part time job unfortunately, listen, find a sales job. i sold laptops at a shitty ass store and made commission. eventually some faggot will come into the store looking for a comp, sell him it and make some cash, sell the warranty too.

I'm exploring this option, thank u

>-start lifting, even if you are stuggling with money, make this happen. all men need to lift. if stimulates the body and the mind and you sort out problems like these while lifting because you actually have time to youself to think.

Probably also good advice

Thanks asshole

ill give you another example.

every single thing you have ever seen has done two things. got brought there on a semi truck and was sold via salesman. the beer at your bar, they have a liquor rep, the car wash, they contract that shit out, cardboard boxes, there is a guy for everything. be that guy.

m8 despite your trips you fell for the pasta.
>your new is showing

>Get a job at some sort of industrial plant.
>Get paid higher wage.
>Work 10 - 16 hours a day
>Come home to wife getting fucked by mailman
>Be too tired to give a shit
>Lay on couch
>Can't sleep because of your wife's clit being slapped by some other man's balls.
>Start masturbating yourself
>Own moans drown out your wife getting creampied
>Pass out
>Repeat.

portland.craigslist.org/mlt/sls/5962715752.html

found it. go out and get them roofs sold.

based lifting leaf here.

Its not pasta, i meant every word.

You didn't fall for pasta OP. Trust me.

Misery loves company - these faggots don't care about anything.

Take my advice - i wish you and your family the best.

peace faggot - off to my lift.

How tf do you not live amazingly off two checks? Oh wait. The little shits.

portland.craigslist.org/clc/csr/5955648013.html

this is legit. walk in and ask for the job. don't just give them your resume.

Been lurking since '08 and don't give a fuck about your memes.

wtf is this shit

OP if you don't respond to my CL finds you will slip and fall into a puddle of depression that you will regret for the rest of your life.

Also, don't be a bitch anymore.

because your clearly not as stoked as i am for you about you abandoning your bitch beta lifestyle.

Its an actual job in an office environment that makes money.

do you have any idea what the margins are in grocery, a few percent. Nobody likes people that work there. they all drive kias and have smelly homes.

>
can you get more training that your job will pay for faggot?

kneepads

Thanks, I am saving them to look into.

who the fuck keeps thinking he needs more training that a grocery store will provide. the best paying position is the meat department and enjoy fucking up at some point and loosing a few fingers.

you don't have to tell me m8. I work office life I didn't even put it in I thought you were trolling. I'm also not OP obviously

Night crew pays more, but sucks a lot more.

you are failing me. i want to hear confidence. i want to hear you are hand delivering your self the next time you have 3 hours to spare.

You need to take action. more than likely you will get turned down quite a few times. that is the life of a salesman. pick you self up and then next opportunity will pay off.

ya sorry I've gotten kind of attached to changing OP life.

I seriously hate the fucks that work at grocery stores their whole life. here let me bag my own fucking groceries. actually fuck I'm rich, ill pay you to do it. heres a dollar for your trouble.

and i should say OP i don't hate you, you can only be 10-15 years in. You still have time to change. put in another 10 years and ill think you have a disability or low IQ.

BTW im 29 myself. but no kids.

what do you do exactly? Does your employer offer any further training or education? If not is it because it's a bad industry, or because you've gone as far with your current employer as you can expect to go?

me too mang
I'm

portland.craigslist.org/wsc/sls/5966285075.html

this is what you need to set yourself up for OP. look at jobs one level above beginner and figure out what they want. then go get it.

Jobs aren't forever. its a stepping stone.

portland.craigslist.org/wsc/sls/5958176165.html

fuck instaliing HVAC. get the commission and let somebody else wear the kneepads.

You sound like boring idiots TBH famalam

OP.
I feel like your bored of me.
I want to leave you with final advice before you head out into the world of sales.

skip the gym, car, pool, door-to-door gigs. they pay a ton because they are hard.

look for smaller/local companies, look for selling things people need, like HVAC, or look for business to business, like the coffee or tree gig. because business have money and need to spend it.

selling to the end user (you and your neighbors) will not pay the bills because nobody needs a pool and they are all tapped out of cash like you are because they won't listen to my golden words.