Enjoying some fresh tunes

>enjoying some fresh tunes
>decide to spin some Cardiacs
>song I was listening to before immediately sounds shit by comparison

What are some other bands that elicit this phenomenon?

really
because when i put on cardiacs it makes me resent music

Cardiacs never did this for me, but the same thinbg happened when I started listening to Zappa as a teenager. He's still my favorite artist, but the effect wears off.

Cardiacs is the ultimate pleb filter, so you should just stop listening to music at this point

some of the shit robert fripp did has really fucked me up. i cant believe some of the shit. i guess thats what you get when you go at composition as systematically as he did

Actually thinking about it, Zappa is probably the other artist that comes closest to doing that for me. I remember first listening to One Size Fits all and wondering why more people couldn't make music like that.

Cardiacs really does that for me, as does Fishmans

iktf well op
pretty much i go through 2-3 month periods where half of what i listen to is all by one band. Cardiacs were one of them, currently it's pic related - also kind of prog punk btw, roughly similar song architecture even if it's a different sound

aw shit nigga AWS is the shit
Career Suicide is so good

bamp

Where do I go after Sing to God?

Depends.
If you want bangers try Heaven Born And Ever Bright or Guns.
If you want slightly more experimental weirdness go for On Land And In The Sea.
Pic related is also an essential desu

>as does Fishmans
Same

the opposite happened for me.

it's about as cringeworthy as electroswing

He's one of those artists that just makes good music, but nothing more. You know what I mean?

He was obviously amazing for his time, but after listening to him for a while now, he definitely doesn't really "wow" me

Burger boy detected

lol memedrone

>You know what I mean?
you mean good as in technically well-executed but nothing you actually latch on to, right? yeah i do

Weird, I find a lot of Zappa's work to be extremely creative and improvisational. In fact I'd say his music has more personality and attitude than almost anybody else from that time.

I can't say I enjoy their music, but their hair is pure mu-kino. By that, I mean balding and British;

i understand that he put a lot of his own ideas in his work but then that means i just don't vibe with him on a personal level i guess

Yep. That's exactly what I mean. It takes a lot for any artist to really pull me in, so it's not really a huge knock on Zappa. Just not entirely for me I guess.