Why didnt they just use the time turner to go back in time and kill Tom Riddle as a child?

Why didnt they just use the time turner to go back in time and kill Tom Riddle as a child?

Because its for children not pissbaby men and womanchildren

>its a Neville gets caught feeling up a petrified girl episode

Why didnt voldemort just make his horcruxes into rocks and teleport them to the moon or the bottom of the ocean?

>here's a time turner that happened to be extremely useful this one time
>we'll never speak of or use it again

Really makes you think...

>until a shitty stage show where the entire plot is based around it

You forgot the frodo image.

>Magic tale and space travels
I don't know man...

Bottom of the ocean isn't space travels.

If I were to create a horocrux I'd turn a mirror into a horocrux. Then all the spells they'd try and use to destroy it would just reflect back at them.

The whole point of Prisoner of Azkaban was that Time Travel doesn't change anything. Everything unfolded the way it was supposed to and everything happens the first time the same as the second.

The world is a stable time loop.

That's not how mirrors work.

Harry breaks a ton of mirrors in the bathroom fight with Draco. Mirrors do not reflect spells.

Buckbeak lived

It's literally explained. He has a shitload of pride and those are parts of his soul so he has them in special objects. A stone wouldn't be worthy of his soul.

he never died though

You never saw him die the first time, Harry and them turned away. You can't confirm he ever died.

Because that's not how time travel works you fucking troll.

It doesn't work at all, it's a fucking paradox and was stupid to introduce.

Nah, just make a grain of sand in the sahara a horcrux. Good luck finding it.

Why didnt he just bury those object in the middle of the sahara desert?

Because Voldemort is a shitty prideful children's cartoon villain.

It doesn't make the whole story bad, but he's just a classic dumb villain.

>lol Ill just leave this shit in my safety deposit box at this bank run by proto-jews. What could go wrong?

In his defense nobody had ever broken into Gringotts and lived before so it was a pretty safe bet.

Why didn't the first wizard to discover time travel use it to take over the world and become God?

Yeah but you also wouldn't be able to find a small bag of horcruxes in the middle of the Sahara.

What did you expect from dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Do you post this in every Harry Potter thread you autist?

well in the new play they fucked that up because

Harry's kid ceases to exist once Draco's kid and him fuck with it and the whole plot is them fixing what they fucked up

Not a book, not canon.

obviously, raging newfag

stop taking pasta bait you giant newfag

whats the problem, la?

The ministry of magic has them very restricted. They are briefly showcased in The Order of the Phoenix as a wizrd is thrown to a shelf full of them and gets caught in a constant time loop of the last few seconds [/spoilers]

It is canon. Confirmed by Pottermore and J.K. Rowling herself.

>OBJECTION

Moving an object any distance is in face a form of space - travel
From a certain point of view

I think it is explained that the Horcruxes need to be something important to you.

They don't. It's explained that Voldemort is vain and wanted all of his Horcruxes to be something very magical or having important magical history.

Why didn't they use the time turner to bring back Richard Harris, who was so much better a Dumbledore than Michael Gambin it isn't funny?

I see. I was pretty sure that it was supposed to be something important to the one that created it. But I digress.

throwing them to the sea or something like that would've made them slightly harder to find, but not impossible. Even moreso considering Harry's connection to Voldemort.

Why didn't reddit stop memeing on Sup Forums?

They don't have to be, that's just what Voldemort did.

And yes throwing them into the sea would be smarter but again Voldemort is vain. He would not only want them to be important items he'd want to be able to see them whenever.

Voldemort is just not a smart dude.

>he'd want to be able to see them whenever.

That actually makes sense. If I put part of my soul in a book I would love to have it near me at all times.

is reading stephen king a bad thing?

Yes if you're a plebian contrarian.

>plebian

Why didn't the Riddler just hire a guy to beat harry poter to death with a hammer if curses didn't work?

Because they didn't exist yet.

Why didn't voldemort just make the moon a horcrux?

Honestly yes. You have literature, and you have pop authors. King is the later. When his references become outdated in few decades he's out. Time makes a selection and the good thing always come out on top, and the average gets forgotten. No matter how popular a work was at one point.

Do you maybe know the novel She? No? It's just one of the most sold books in English language.

Why didn't everyone just make horocrux's? Why wasn't there a single immortal wizard? It's not that hard guys, just make an object piece of your soul and don't put it in the most obvious place. Why didn't Dumbledore have one? Seems to me he wanted to die to avoid responsibility

Also why didn't Voldemort just smash harry with his foot when he was a baby? Why use a spell, just throw him to the wall he's a fucking baby. Stick your wand in his eye, step on him, flush him down the toilet anything but a fucking spell there's always a chance someone has put a counter spell on him

fucking retarded Tom

1. Most people aren't murderers.

2. It causes irreparable damage to your soul. Deathly Hallows confirms there is an afterlife of sorts and Voldemort's is going to be pain and agony for all existence.

You don't even need to damage your soul to become immortal. Remember the Sorcerers Stone in the first fucking book? It makes you immortal with no side effects.

>Why didn't everyone just make horocrux's?
You have to kill someone to do one.

Yeah but you're still dependent on an external source for your immortality. That's why Voldemort went with horcruxes, to be more self sufficient.

kill a fucking deer or a rabbit

>magic rock exists that can make anybody immortal

>only person who discovers it hides the secret of how to make it, then destroys the only one before he dies

what a fucking douchebag

mate imagine a world where everyone is immortal

either nobody is allowed to reproduce or people will run out of space and food

he was the hero world needs. Why did he die though?

They don't have souls.

>animals
>souls

how about giants? Hell just camp a hospital and wait for someone to be dying then quickly killsteal him. Or find some isis niggas kill those, nobody will miss them

it's not that hard

An innocent person

Second point.

>2. It causes irreparable damage to your soul. Deathly Hallows confirms there is an afterlife of sorts and Voldemort's is going to be pain and agony for all existence.

The whorecrux needs to be made by killing somebody you're close to. Killing a deer wouldn't damage your soul enough to make some of it flake off.

Horocrux is automatically evil shit in Harry Potter. There's no trick to get around it or it wouldn't work. If you want immortality without being an evil murdering bastard, you still have options, though. Actually there are multiple paths to immortality in Harry Potter.

Horocruxes of course are an option, but there's also the Philosopher's Stone, becoming a ghost, potentially as a result of mastering all 3 deathly hallows at once, and unicorn blood appears to have some life extending properties. We've also only seen a small window into the Harry Potter universe, so it seems likely that there are a variety of other life extending methods.

why would you be scared of the afterlife if you live literally forever

Voldemort didn't live forever.

he fucked up in multiple ways

Like, he fucked up so many things that you'd actually have to try to be as big of a fuck-up as he was. It wouldn't be hard to make that shit work, but he went out of his way to make sure everything could go wrong. He probably sat down at nights thinking "what should I do to ensure my plans aren't fool-proof", and he had to think really fucking hard, but he always managed to find a way. What a man

Well he was beaten by a couple of 15 year olds so yeah, he fucked up.

>hermoine LITERALLY SAYS "awful things happen to wizards who mess with time harry"

Meanwhile, there are 5 million other wizards around the world who murdered some muggle prostitute to make a horocrux and threw it in the Mariana Trench and have been living quite happy lives for decades (probably)

>she says, messes with time and literally nothing awful happens, only good things
okay hermanini

Why didn't all the death eaters and That-Guy-Whose-Name-You-Shouldn't-Say just drink some Felix Felicis before attacking Harry Potter?

You forgot the part where horcruxes are obscure and complicated magic. Voldemort couldn't find out enough information on them until he persuaded Slughorn to spill the beans, and he was a genius.

why didn't every wizard just learn how to do it properly and play the lottery? Or better yet be high on it every day

what the fuck do you graduate as from the school anyway, what jobs are there? "Yeah I'm good at levitating things and reading the palm" really cool nice job 6 years well spent what kind of a career are you planning?

>Or better yet be high on it every day

Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

I've masturbated almost every day since I invented touching the dick and there's been no downsides

Felix Felicis is mildly toxic and will actually kill you if you use it more than like once every few years.

I think most wizardry training is just out of scholarly interest and for quality of life reasons. Being able to fly and make potions that make you happy or instantly heal any injury have serious quality of life improvements.

The important thing to note is that no wizard NEEDS to have a job. They can just do their own thing, and if they need something they just magic it up. You spend 10 years at a wizard school when you're a teenager and you're pretty much self sufficient for the rest of your life.

Personally I would just be a wizard NEET and use polijuice potion on a house elf to make it a hot gril and fuck it all day

why didnt they use some time stop magic to cum inside of every single one of hermione's holes

>no downsides
posting on this board is the downside, user

you ravenclaw or slytherin?

>supposed to be something important to the one that created it
whatever has your fucking soul inside is now important to you
seems like an easy rule to bypass
>buy a pet rock
>make a bunch of stupid memes and jokes with your friends about it
>you are now attached to a fucking rock

>Why did he die though?
The stone was destroyed and he no longer had a source for the elixir.

Why doesn't the Ministry of Magic just kill off any wizard/witch child that's had an excessively abusive/neglected childhood?

I said I wanted to be a NEET. That makes me Ravenclaw.

Gryffindor and Slytherine require ambition, and Hufflepuff is for people who like to work hard (pretty much the blue color wagecuck wizard house). Ravenclaw is just about learning shit and feeling superior because of your high IQ while never actually accomplishing anything.

Hufflepuffs are NEETs. Not interested in being exceptional, don't want power, don't have ambition, just want to exist.

Ravenclaws are the people who get shit done. Geniuses and mad scientists, people who do what they must because they can.

Same reason we don't just kill all black people in the real world.

Liberals.

"You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
And unafraid of toil"

>unafraid of toil
>NEETs

Hufflepuff house members grow up to be normies with a boring 9-5 drone job, an ugly wife and 2.5 kids.

Slytherine and Ravenclaw are the houses that breed the weirdo shut-in wizards.

Hufflepuff is also the stoner house (Huff-le-Puff, located next to kitchens, head gardener is head of house) so I can assure you it produces a fair share of NEETs as well.

When I was a kid I wanted to be in Ravenclaw. As an adult I realized Hufflepuff made more sense. I'd live in the bushlands for half the year, growing the dankest shit and living like a wizard with full magical benefits. I'd spend the other half of the year living as a well-to-do muggle with full technological benefits, and some magical, after selling my crop when the summer ends.

Even when full legalization comes into play I'd still have the dankest shit because magic. I'd probably just incorporate and hire more wizards.

Are you fucking kidding me.

Of all the HP plot elements to revisit she brings back fucking time travel?

>Students in Ravenclaw can also be quirky and possess unusual intellectual interests. Ravenclaws generally accept and celebrate these eccentrics.

confirmed weirdo house. I bet it was common to see katanas hanging on the walls of the common room and a hatrack full of fedoras

pic related, this creep is their head of house

He had another horcrux that he did just that with. His pet snake that he wore like scarf most of the time.

The utility of a horcurx is being able to squirrel a piece of your soul so you can't be killed as long as it stays hidden and intact. Keeping it near your person negates the entire point.

Voldemort wasn't some mastermind, he had a fatal ego and it caused him to be incredibly stupid. It's why he didn't just make rock Horcruxes and why he made it that Harry couldn't die at the end of book 4. Because his ego made him stupid. It's like the defining aspect of his character, can't believe so many people think it's a plot hole or something.

that's what i should be but no that's never the reason.

if it was the generic smart people house then there is no real reason why hermione isnt in it.

She had a kinder heart and was more sensitive than the typical Ravenclaw.

how about for the reason that it would have made involving her character pointlessly inconvenient

How the ministry pay people salary?
most of the people were working in ministry
from where the gold comes to mint coins?

DUDE JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN LMAO

Goblins, I think.