Moonchild ruined this album

Moonchild ruined this album.

Other urls found in this thread:

songsouponsea.com/Promenade/ChapterOneA.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*deletes moonchild*

Easily the worst song and didn't fit in with the rest, but it far from ruined it

If it showed up on any of their other records it would have been alright

it's good you plebs

>overlong, quiet noodling that completely destroys the pacing of the album is good

READ THIS THROUGH

songsouponsea.com/Promenade/ChapterOneA.html

Cancer thread detected

just skip it

the first couple minutes are fine, dunno what they were thinking with the rest

absolute pleb detected

if you can't listen to never mind enjoy Moonchild you are autistic and have neurological defects interfering with your normal abilities..

I linked to that in another thread you enormous (You)-stealing faggot.

That said, though, it's still a very good link for people who say "hurr durr prog has shit meaningless lyrics."

you probably stole it from me posting it weeks ago

How can you both have dubs and yet both be so wrong? It must be Opposite Day.

Moonchild is fucking great desu, I knew of the meme surrounding it before I heard ITCOTCK and was expecting something obnoxious or directionless. But it's really great, love the quiet ebbing which leads into the guitar and vibraphone interplay.

First 3 minutes of Moonchild:
>one of the greatest parts of the album, excellent lyricism and vivid imagery
Next 9 minutes of Moonchild:
>five autistic toddlers jamming on some instruments they found in the attic extremely quietly, trying not to wake up their parents next door

Friendly reminder that In the Wake of Poseidon, despite being almost exactly like In the Court of the Crimson King, is actually better solely because it doesn't have Moonchild.

I have no words.

ITCOTCK isn't even the best King Crimson album.

Red, Larks and Poseidon are all better.

>Poseidon
This. Seriously underrated.
>Pictures of a City = 21st Century Schizoid Man
>Cadence and Cascade > I Talk to the Wind
>In the Wake of Poseidon < Epitaph
>Cat Food + The Devil's Triangle >>>> Moonchild
If you look at it quantitatively, ItWoP overall > ItCotCK.

Moonchild made this album

>Not liking Moonchild
Oldest pleb filter in the book

lmaoing @ the difference in scrobbles

as if i needed more proof that this board is mostly underage

>the court of the crimson king that low
>i talk to the wind that high
I'm surprised.

try one

>five autistic toddlers jamming on some instruments they found in the attic extremely quietly, trying not to wake up their parents next door
such vivid imagery tells a lot about the quality and representational power of the song. It also tells a lot about you dear user, did you have strict parents?

>what is 21st century schizoid man and the court of the crimson king

I don't know, it's not hard for me to make sense of the solo/jam part of Moonchild. If you pay attention and try to listen to the interactions between the musicians, the story/idea unfolding you can actually discern something there and not just random noodling
If you usually listen to music as background to some other activity it will not work though, it's easy to lose the train of thought

>such vivid imagery tells a lot about the quality and representational power of the song.
Horseshit. If I say that a song reminds me of someone jamming a cattle prod up the musician's anus, extracting liquid feces, and slathering said liquid feces across the sheet music, does that mean that the music is suddenly good because it provokes vivid imagery? No.
And, no, I never owned any instruments at home. I learned to play violin at school.

y=they sample kanye west dude.

what does this post even mean? Kanye only sampled 21st century and he actually made it a decent song

Triggered. Careful user, he isn't your therapist, he was merely making an assumption about your strict parents.

>And, no, I never owned any instruments at home.

And that explains why you're musically inept.

Moonchild is a pleb filter.

i love the bit when mister fripp slaps his willy on a glockenspiel for 10 mins

Moonchild makes the album.

Seriously the instrumental passage of Moonchild admittedly isn't incredible but it makes the opening of The Court of the Crimson King hit so fucking hard that it's totally worth it

I thought the same. But then one day I really listened to it without any prejudice, it had been a rough day. I suddenly found it inmensely beautiful. If you focus you can find each note saying something, even if they just noodled around and didn't mean nothing. The music still speaks.

moonchild sounds great and I'm actually musically illiterate

Why? That list is literally most accessible to least accessible.

This. Anyone who doubts the track should cop the LP and relax. Side B starts off beautifully, chills out and makes you really listen to every single sound and builds to an incredible finale.