I want to learn Russian for multiple reasons, but I have literally no clue where to start. I've tried memrise...

I want to learn Russian for multiple reasons, but I have literally no clue where to start. I've tried memrise, but that seems to be for vocab, where as I am a beginner and need to learn the core basics.

I can read the cyrillic script, but looking to rotate between two things to learn the beginning of Russian.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pyMu8eC2qWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you don't need to learn russian to find a russian qt. they just want money.

>russian qt
Already have a gf. I want to learn Russian for music and games friend. I also plan on traveling to Russia sometime next year.

Bump...

Go to Russia Today site.
They have some section about Russian learning

Hm gotcha. cпacибo comrade.

Fact: American russiaboos are 1000 times worse than weebs

>American flag
>wants to learn Russian
I can't even explain how much it disgusts me. You will never learn Russian, you will only waste your time.

And why not friend?

Why not what?

"You will never learn Russian, you will only waste your time."

Because it is one the most difficult languages for an English speaker to learn. Even if you manage to get some proficiency to be able to read it(pro-tip: you won't), you'll never be able to utter even a semi-coherent sentence. I'm not even mentioning pronunciation. Source: met plenty of Westerners, Americans included, who thought that they knew Russian. My poor ears will never be the same. I'm just trying to help you save your precious time.

met any swedes who know russian?

>because it is one of the most difficult
I find it fairly straightforward tbqh. Only thing I'd ahve trouble getting down would be some of the grammar.

No, most were Americans and, for some reason, Germans. The best experience I had was talking with an Italian exchange student, who came here in some sort of language learning program to 'hone his skills'. He started talking to me and I legit though it was Swahili or something like that. No, it was his attempt at speaking Russian. And he was supposed to be proficient, he literally studied it in the university.

Not swedes but Heidi Olufsen (Norway's Consul General in St. Petersburg) speaks very good russian but she lives here for 20+ years and married on georgian-russian man.

I saw her IRL and listened her interview

>tfw will be mono-lingual my entire life
th-thanks for the help and confidence rusbros.

just learn Spanish like a normal American :^)

>spanish
Why would I ever associate with those dirty spics.

There are plenty of other languages out there.

Anglo accent is horrible and disgusting in russian, even sandniggers and chinks speak it better.

Anglo accent is horrible and disgusting in russian

its dont.

Learning a foreign language is interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=pyMu8eC2qWQ