twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw I genuinely enjoyed 2
im sorry for having shit taste Sup Forums

>The Thing is a remake of some shitty old ass move
>Sup Forums loves it

>Ghostbusters is a remake of some shitty old ass movie
>Sup Forums hates it

Hypocrites

Yeah, I never understood why there was such harsh criticism of it. I thought it was great, and loved the river of slime concept. People will respect it more after the reboot flops.

You're patrician in my book, user.

If anything it's good but overrated.

>The film is based on John W. Campbell, Jr.'s novella Who Goes There?, which was more loosely adapted by Howard Hawks and Christian Nyby as the 1951 film The Thing from Another World.

Oh wow, look at the man hater. What's the matter? Can't enjoy a movie unless it only has women in it? Make sure to let your mom know that she needs to clean up all the hot pocket sleeves out of the basement for you, manbaby.

what?

Sorry, GB2 is a horrible, boring slog with no heart and very few laughs. Typical bullshit late 80s by the numbers sequel cash grab.

GOAT line

youtube.com/watch?v=vBRE-RzLg5M

But it's funnier than 1

the thing that baffles me at most when i discover the internet long time ago is that those two movies and the last action hero are considered bad by movie standards...holy keks

Temple of Doom is pretty lame though

The trial was GOAT.

Judge: "Do you have any questions for this witness that might have some bearing on this case?"
Tully: "Do I?"
Venkman: "No, we've helped them out enough already."

kek

Martin Scorsese's King of Comedy (1983)

Don't be. Ghostbusters 2 was legitimately good. Critics only hated it because it was similar to its predecessor (what the fuck did they expect?)

Home Alone 2 got similarly scathing reception among critics at the time for the same reasons.

Can't exactly blame them though. Those really were what were considered rehashes back then. Who knows what they would've thought of sequels today.

It's only good because of the source material. The movie itself is extremely frustrating. Les Miserables takes places in Paris in the 19th century when it's at its most beautiful state, yet we see none of the city. All we see is extreme close ups every single scene.

Ghostbusters 2 was literally just 1 but cheesy
I fucking loved it
Thats probably because i was a dumb kid and we only had Ghostbusters 2 on VHS and not 1 so i watched it all the time. Still holds up, though.

Nah, got a friend of mine to watch it. He was like so many others who took the critics at face value and never bothered.
He ended up loving it.

I enjoyed it when i saw it the theaters, I was probably about 10 or 11 at the time though.

The 50s Thing and Ghostbusters are great you cockweasel

I can easily say that nothing in the new movie tops the "We're Back" scene from 2.
Maybe Chris Hemsworth

>apologizing to Sup Forums ever
Jesus christ man

Home Alone 2 is great.

Not as good as 1 but still great.