I fuckin love this album. Vampire Weekend, meme band that is actually good

I fuckin love this album. Vampire Weekend, meme band that is actually good.

my
>gf
has a poster of this in her room and I always stare at it and think about how unsettling that girl's expression is

this is my personal blog btw

good album desu good album

thanks senpai

It's the pupils. She's blasted on acid

only good thing vampire weekend has done coming through

She reminds me of my preppy ex from 2004-2005 who was rail thin, probably bulemic, and un-ironically popped her collar. She was also an awkwardly cute try-hard.

Now she's an insane post-doc at UCSF, and I'm working as a paramedic in Baltimore.

Wow David Foster Wallace, tell me more!

I'm just relating the feels that Contra always gave me.

I know I'm just being a poppypants, tell me the feels you get from Vampire Weekend s/t. Tell me about being a young stud in the late 00s, I want to hear about blissfully naive and moronic white girls.

True fact

are we telling stories?

i went out to the desert alone to camp and hike and generally center myself.

parked at a trailhead in the middle of nowhere.

got back to my car in the afternoon as another car pulled up.

three college girls in a rental. on spring break i guess. car doors open, vampire weekend blasting, they're all singing along.

i learned two things that day.

one, i should listen to more normie/pop as a social lubricant

two, i'm never going to be happy alone

i think this is their worst album

I remember hiking on a damp spring day on maybe three or four grams of shrooms and I was just LOSING it coming back down from the trail, like I'm screaming I'm laughing so hard, imitating a helicopter, the whole nine and then I see a car pull up blasting indie pop and these three or four hippie girls pull out of the car while I'm walking to mine trying to act as normal as I can and they stopped in their tracks and said hello from afar but I pretended not to here them because I was absolutely fried
One of them had big, fat tits bulging out of her tie dye tanktop.
Normies.

how to spot a pleb
their other two albums are overly happy indie garbage

I kinda agree desu. tho Hannah Hunt is by far one of my favorite songs by them.

I think Contra was the best

S/t is the only VM album worth listening through

and BOY is it worth listening through.

It's like a time machine to 2007-2008, when I had been dumped by my awkwardly cute [now] post-doc GF for nearly two years, and was instead a college dropout in paramedic school trying to woo my EMT partner from work, a 19 year old Harvard undergrad neuroscience major.

I crashed and burned, bigtime, but we had this weird thing going on from 2007-2010 where we'd both be seeing other people but would go on dates with each other. I desperately wanted to be with her, she was more or less keeping me on deck. Now she's an ENT resident, and I'm still a fuckup.

She loved her some Vampire Weekend though, even if she thought that they sucked live. I'll always remember our first date when I awkwardly held her hand watching Once at the Waltham Embassy Cinemas before going to Upper Crust for awkward post-movie pizza.

I settled with someone freakishly similar to her and put a $6200 ring on her finger, but part of me still pines for her and I'm sure a part of her feels the same way. I didn't get the whole "the one that got away" thing until I was a few years removed from contact with her.

>mfw a discussion about albums becomes group therapy

No but really, if that's real then im sorry

Holy shit your life was like the first Vampire Weekend album
I can see the Cambridge downtown now, girls with popped collars and graphic tees, a culmination of semi-attractive Asians and Whites, living in a temporary bourgeois utopia. Gorgeous.

kek

As a kid from Lexington, MA, who got a 1510 on the SAT and led the science team to the nationals before collapsing into mediocrity while I fucked girls who were far more accomplished in college than myself, the first Vampire Weekend album felt damn-near autobiographical.

In the past couple years, I've given up on my dream of becoming a physician to be an airline pilot instead. Similar pay, less school, and in a more sustainable industry. The practicality of it all almost makes up for the shame.

Well hey man don't beat yourself up, you may be on Sup Forums at two in the morning like the rest of us, but this is good for you, you're letting it out and no one is judging you, I personally would love to be a pilot, could you imagine lazily floating in the sunset sky in some fucking huge airplane, going wherever and whenever.
It's not all bad and bleak for you dude, your life is aesthetic as fuck and I'm jello.

Should've asked what they were listening to as a way to enter the convo. It would have been cooler to sing along but sometimes you got to work with the cards dealt.

Oh, I'm honestly happy where I am right now. It's just hard coming down from the familial expectations of being "Dr. [user]", regardless of how practical the career might actually be.

The health management career successes of my healthcare management fiancee just twists the knife, sometimes.

And yeah, I shouldn't have drank that coffee at 5PM.

Oof, look at all those double sentances. That's the Buffalo Trace talking.

I was going to write a long post about how you should strive for your own satisfaction instead of the worlds but you dont need that bullshit.
I just hope you love yourself.

I was about to do the same thing with my previous post but I knew it'd be trivial so I generalized it.
I know you'll be good.

Could be a few other drugs. Coke and MDMA are also particularly known for pupil dilation.

here's an experiment for you guys.

turn off all the lights

stand in the corner of a room

wait a few minutes

now have someone take a picture of you using the flash when you're not expecting it

note your pupils

note the look on your face

Oh shut up

bro i'm SO HIGH right now, please don't harshhhh it my pupils are like black holes

I like this album but I don't like it

I saw vampire weekend live at the hollywood bowl on a summer night. If you've been there you might know it usually gets a bit chilly in the evenings even in summer, but on this night there was a santa ana wind blowing through L.A. so it was hot and dry and very windy. We had seats near the top, but we ended up leaving them and standing up on the walkway at the very top where the big tall trees are and dancing. The moon was big and full in the sky above the stage and with the hot dry wind blowing through the trees it was totally surreal up there. It's an amazing memory.

I bet you were fun to hang around in high school edgelord

the fact that this thread is actually vaguely positive and supportive for once goes to show that vampire weekend are for people not too self-righteous and antagonistic to appreciate a slice of well-crafted preppy pop
listening to s/t brings back great memories of borrowing my older brother's ipod and waiting to grow up

itt: rich white yuppies

I wish

How old are you? "Yuppy" hasn't been regularly used since the late 90s.

Also, this is Sup Forums, not a private university fraternity. Very few people on here are rich.

Kek

don't well all about the rich white assholes like vampire weekend don't share the wealth.
of course a yuppie would say this

Doctor/pilot wannabe user here. My fancee and I make about $150k a year between the two of us, but we don't feel rich.

Thanks, I like to think it'll all work out. The again, doesn't everyone?

>Their singer is a Jew

Fucking DROPPED.

It's good to let these things out and empathise with others sometimes

>All these people lying

Why would you lie on the internet? to make you feel better about your shit life?