Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The...

Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The Punisher?

What is fundamentally wrong with your favorite character or what is it that the movies just can't deliver?

Other urls found in this thread:

factualopinion.com/the_factual_opinion/2016/05/punisher-show.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not liking based Dolph

That's your fault, OP. Out of everyone to play the character so far, only Dolph is physically imposing enough to walk into a room and make everyone shit their pants.

And it's got ninjas, dude. Punisher vs. Ninjas. If you can't get into that, the problem is yours, not the movie's.

those are 3 good punisher movies right there, I don't get your point really all 3 great fun

Part of the problem with making a Punisher movie is that his story is one of an ongoing, unending war, and it's maybe hard to convey that in two hours while also providing a self-contained story arc.

How do you make a satisfying movie that also shows that wiping out a given crime syndicate is really just another month's work for Frank? That once his injuries are healed, he'll go out and find a new target and do it again?

This guy gets it.

Dredd got this right obv just another day at work, warzone was closest to this feel

Yeah, Dredd nailed this so hard. He wipes out an entire apartment complex of goons, plus three corrupt judges, and then he just goes 'Whelp, back to Hall for a shower and a coffee, back at er again tomorrow.'

Also, fuck all of you, Tom Jane Punisher is my favorite.

lol Who needs movies, we already got quintessential Frank in DD season 2

All three are good movies but to get the Punisher actually right you'd need a proper origin story(show frank and his family), then him doing 3 tours and falling in love with war, coming home, then everything goes to shit. That alone takes a whole first season on netflix. Punisher in a movie format would be just another revenge story but a series could deliver something truly great.

That's a good point. Hey, could Karl Urban play the Punisher?

Ninjas. Simply Epic. Can I Get An Upvote?

A Punisher film is Refn's destiny

Somebody tweet this at him.

kinda, they seem to be creating this whole conspiracy over his families deaths, which is always fucking stupid, its really important that it was just random gang violence, no mystery no hidden agenda just gangs sperging in central park, that's the point.

sure honestly tho I liked Ray Stevenson give him another one

daredevil got it right

It seems like gang violence even if it was set up by the DA. The cover up was just in place so they don't lose there job over the screw up. His family wasn't killed on purpose.

I read Year One after reading Born and i just couldn't accept his origin story being just pure chance. Castle willingly paying such a high price to survive Valley Forge and living the dream, an endless war, what actually makes the character interesting imo.

I hope they stick to this and don't try and add any hidden meaning
without the randomness of it his motivation is gone, same as making waynes parents deaths important, once you've got revenge whats the point?

You forgot the second best one.

>once you've got revenge whats the point?

But revenge isn't even his point, at least not in the Punisher MAX series. Frank Castle fell in love with war, so when he came home after his first tour he just couldn't adjust to civilian life so he reenlisted twice more and sacrificed his family to the demon(maybe he was hallucinating, who knows) so they wouldn't stand in his way and he could use their deaths as a surface level motivation.

I have not read this arc, who the fuck is lead on Punisher right now?

its always been very simple, he's kinda got ptsd but he's adjusting then central park happens and he flips, decides he's still in a war just nobody acknowledges it, so he goes to war thats it, never was any demons jesus christ what are they doing to frank?

Right Now? No idea, Garth Ennis wrote the character for a couple years(~100 issues actually) , which is when the books actually sold well, but he got burned out and Marvel rebooted the character again.

Born, basically the prequel to Ennis' Punisher reimagining, has Frank go to Nam for 3 tours and during the final couple weeks he starts hearing a voice. He ignores it but during the final stand, when his firebase is being overrun by VC, the voice offers him a way to survive the onslaught but only if Castle was willing to pay the price. He says yes and blacks out. Then we see him standing in a field of VC guts and gore. Then he gets home and everything goes to shit. A different writer picked up where Ennis left off and fleshed out the time between Frank coming home and the day in the park. So according to this new writer Frank had such trouble adjusting to civilian life that he took a job in a meat packing plant but the boss was a mobster so he got Fronk'd, the he gets a threatening phone call but chooses to go to the park anyway. He notices the mobsters coming for him but he ignores them and literally watches his family die so he'd have a reason to play war forever free from the shackles of his family.

thanks for the detailed reply

that sounds fucking terrible, might read the Ennis run though

It's hard to put yourself in his shoes, so creating a connection between him and the audience is pretty hard.

Which is why they'll tone down the violence and/or add some other characters for him to care for, to humanize him.

The Netflix series did him pretty well, different but the intensity was there.

This post couldn't be more reddit even if it tried.

Warzone was comfy as fuck you sperg

>Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher)
Hello, OP. I've noticed that this meme you keep trying to spread over the past few months has not been catching on very well. perhaps its time to give up.

why do you keep posting these threads when I dont think one has ever gotten more than 40 responses

factualopinion.com/the_factual_opinion/2016/05/punisher-show.html

i never understood what was the problem with the last movie, I loved it. I loved it more than the other two.
he was very badass and he gunned down everyone. the bad guy was silly but the movie itself was not bad
they showed how he suffered because of the death of his family and he was taking out the bad guys.

What was the problem? the goofy villains?

Nothing. Warzone was perfect

why the hate then?