Is he the epitome of quantity over quality?

Is he the epitome of quantity over quality?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead_discography
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, he is the epitome of quarantanativity over coagulostics.

No. He was always pushing boundaries so it was inevitable he'd produce some duds. His best work is incredible.

pretty much
not only did he put out every material ever performed for any reason at all regardless of merit
but any one of his tunes is a run on sentence at best like a rambling drunk

nah, merzbow is the epitome of quantity over quality... hundreds of releases a lot are shit

King Crimson was always pushing boundaries and never produced duds.

King Crimson has one good album
Zappa has over ten

For his style he did both. He was very diverse but more often than not his releases were solid.

I would say Dylan post 60s or Neil Young post 70s better fits that description.

>ConstruKtion of Light
>Beat

>he doesn't like beat

ehem

Bull of Heaven.

Oh shit I forgot. This is the objective correct answer.

thats not bucket
close, though

>King Crimson has one good album
>Zappa has over ten
Shit taste: the post

He's a balance of quantity and quality

zappa has more good albums than crimson has albums. however, most crimson albums are good, and zappa released a shitton of albums.

Objectively correct taste.
Go listen to your Tool records, Progfag

You can't look at all of Zappa's albums the same way.

Just Another Band from LA for example is terrible musically. You don't listen to it for that kind of pleasure. It's a comedy album.

Some albums that are ostensibly part of the main canon are apocryphal, like 200 Motels.

Still others are strictly political (Mothers of Prevention), responses to bootlegs (Beat the Boots), or novelty experiments (Francesco Zappa). My theory as to why he flooded his discography with so many live albums during the last few years of his life was as a favor to his musicians who I assume accrue performance royalties.

t. progfag in denial
Zappa is prog, just not good prog. It's just that you've shaped your taste around Zappa's shit prog so much so that actually good prog sounds shit. It's like how, if you grow up eating shit and are told that it's a brownie, you'll vomit as soon as you taste an actual brownie because the actual good stuff is foreign to your and your shit taste.

yeah like in holes when stanley was eatin all those onions and then he went home and didn't like his frosted flakes

Bro, have you listened to Hot Rats?

two new words for the internet in one post
nice job

Nope, this guy is.

That Mars Volta guy will be a good contender in a few years.

this
>zappa
>prog
come on, man
probably some noise group like wolf eyes cause they have a million fucking cassettes, cds, records, bootlegs etc. etc. which are all basically the same thing

Is it just me or was Zappa really handsome desu?

this

Probably. Omar's albums are listenable and there is clearly artistic merit to the records whereas Bucket...well, I think we all know.

Omar maybe . But bucket head has released literally like ten albums a month for two years

No, that's Buckethead.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead_discography

Sorry, didn't see the posts.

No. You realize Zappa was an extreme workaholic and that's why he has so many fucking albums. Nothing to do with quality.

>he was always pushing boundaries
Zappa fans actually believe this

he definitely was. i mean he released one of the first jazz fusion albums. You realize hot rats came before bitches brew.

have you listened to the synclavier albums? virtually no one has done anything similar before or since

Nice.

Jazz fusion had been done about two years before
I'm pretty sure I've heard stuff like that before but I never downloaded it because it sounds like shit so I won't be able to refute you with evidence there

Buckethead has good stuff littered throughout the pikes, its just really outlines of song idea with improv solos over them so theres no room for them to breathe. If he sat down and worked on them even twice as long and then released them in a proper album format (giant robot or bucketheadland) they could be legit

Living proof you can get laid if you're not conventionally attractive, just focus on your actual personality and talent more

Arthur miller proved that long before

>anything after Disciples
>good

>who I assume accrue performance royalties

That's awesome. I have a lot of respect for Zappa. Him and Jimi Hendrix are untouchable as rock legends.

sure if you're a post hipster chick on the wrong side of thirties with more than 10 partners and a divorce

Niggas not even memeing forgot about the true king of quantity baka.