Why is this considered good?

>image.jpg

nostalgia, the cancer of creativity.

So when it came out and people loved it, it was nostalgia

>Deep down I know he's right
>I know, I'll insult his filename

holy shit there was a black guy? how did i forget that

what movie?

One of the first blockbuster films to merge comedy, science fiction and horror seamlessly.

What's amazing is how contemporary it feels compared to other horror and comedy films from the same period.

This and Back to the Future are timeless.

Because it has men in it. That's it. That's literally all the manbabies care about.

Very well shot film
Despite having a lot of jokes, the tone of the film is played dead serious and it works for that.
Humor is built from the characters playing off each other instead of each character simply having a quirk and that being milked
Incredibly visually impressive movie for its time

It works because when you think about, this is SO easy of a movie to fuck up.

It's not really. Literally one of the most forgettable flicks I've seen.

The special effects were really impressive at the time plus it was funny. A winning combination really.

I know context is hard for millennials who only watch capeshit and car crashes but a quick Google would bring this information to light.

because you never saw it or even knew about Ghostbusters until your womens dance therapy teahcer talked about it in class you Tumblerina.

OP, its a dark comedy, thats why i love it.

It actually suffers a lot of problems. One of the most glaring, at least to me, is Winston just appearing and making him forgettable rather than starting at the beginning. A lot of the issues were behind the scenes that effected the movie.

In the end, though, it's beloved for its originality and people being able to easily relate to the characters.

I literally have no idea.

The only thing that can make it worse is replacing them with women.

>3 of the all time greats at thier creative peak
>based Rick Moranis
>well shot
>great soundtrack
>lots of memorable dialogue
>pulls off both horror and comedy successfully
What's not to like OP?

atmospherics is the first thing that comes to mind

One of the saddest parts about this Ghostbusters marketing machine thats going on is that shills have felt the need to relentlessly attack the original film in order to make the remake seem less shitty by comparison.

Yes, the original film was a cultural touchstone of my childhood that shaped my development as a person. No, girls generally did not give a shit about Ghostbusters until it became a political talking point.

Yes, I have enjoyed some of Feigs output to this point (mostly Bridesmaids and Freaks and Geeks), but choosing a director who has no experience in action/horror/scifi and mostly gets by on the talent of his cast was absolutely the wrong choice for a property that is as beloved as Ghostbusters.

Dont give them your money if you think the movie looks like shit. Its as simple as that.

>shaped my development as a person

let's not blow shit out of proportion nigger, it's a 90 minute movie about dudes that catch ghosts, you probably forgot about it for several years until the video game and the all female reboot were announced

Popular culture matters. I dont care if its a movie about "dudes who catch ghosts", it works because of the genius level writing and performance, and the commitment to the material.

Just because youre not a fan of the property, dont assume that nobody else is. I watched my bootleg VHS of Ghostbusters constantly as a kid. Ive been following the rumored development of Ghostbusters 3 for YEARS. So when a new Ghostbusters shows up looking like absolute trash, yeah I notice. Couple that with the fact that they literally threatened the original cast with lawsuits to force them to be in this shitty cash in film, and its just a sad situation.

Cant wait to see this piece of shit crash and burn. Its gonna get fucking rekt and you know it.

they thought of their dead relatives coming back as ghosts

Nostalgia
Catchy themesong
Idea was novel at the time
Three well known comedians together on screen... they were probably among the most hilarious comedians of the time
Original idea (exterminators but for ghosts)

Do these assholes not realize that Ghostbusters is one of the most successful and well regarded films of all time? It dominated the box office and received outstanding reviews, oscar nominations, lasting cultural impact in the form of a sequel/toys/cartoons/etc...

Ghostbusters greatness is not even up for debate shitheads. Thats why its a classic.

>a director who mostly gets by on the talent of his cast was absolutely the wrong choice for a property that is as beloved as Ghostbusters

To be fair, the original is mostly a vehicle for the main cast to play off of each other. Sure, its one polished, well-oiled vehicle, but the cast, characters and dialogue are really what make it great

>what really make it great
Somewhat agree, but dont forget it wouldnt be the movie it is without the top-tier visual FX, genuine sense of dread, and competent action. Without those elements, we are looking at another mid tier Murray comedy like Stripes or Caddyshack.

From everything Ive seen and heard, Ghostbusters 2016 doesnt have the FX, horror, or action.

It's an 80's meme movie. Only pathetic washed-up over-thirties enjoy it.

Right about what?

Like all mobilefags you barely managed a single sentence.

it was aight

Why ask Sup Forums when there's literally thousands of videos on youtube explaining why it is considered good by men and women?

>Box office smash
>Lasting cultural impact
>meme movie

Shouldnt you be snapchatting or something?

>shouldn't you be snapchatting o something?
Haha yeah you tell those normies :^)

le memes

If you need that explaining to you, you're not worth talking to.

This.

yikes

I can't believe I share a board with (You) idiots.