What is the musical equivalent to Inland Empire?

What is the musical equivalent to Inland Empire?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7HYWJmE1BRE
youtube.com/watch?v=lNNW0SPkChI
open.spotify.com/artist/6cxx0cktWwhTwJ1lqZ5bDf
xixax.com/halfborn/
youtube.com/watch?v=S-dwbzpX8KI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A David Lynch album?

Specifically this one, since it was used in IE
youtube.com/watch?v=7HYWJmE1BRE

marilyn manson assisting in the murder of keanu reeves clingy ex girlfriend idk

I feel like Inland Epire could have been one of Lynch's best films if it didn't look like such cheap garbage.

Iannis Xennakis

youtube.com/watch?v=lNNW0SPkChI

looking like that was unironically part of the aesthetic i believe

Naked City, it feels just as chopped, jagged, harsh, and alienating as Inland Empire.
>protip -- not an insult.

Well the only reason lynch even made inland empire was because of how easy the digital cameras were to use. He could come up with an idea, call some people and then shoot next day.

is inland empire the one where bill pullman is really obviously supposed to be jack nance?
stupid

Avey Tare's decision to release Pullhair Rubeye backwards was directly inspired by Inland Empire

open.spotify.com/artist/6cxx0cktWwhTwJ1lqZ5bDf

The Residents

First of all, do you even understand what IE was about?

If I recall, he didn't shoot it as a film, he shot it more as an experiment

pretty sure nobody did

The movie felt like a living nightmare

The Lost Highway has a similar atmosphere. Disorienting, uneasy and nightmare like.

I always liked the digital camera, made it feel more claustrophobic.
Honestly it's probably the only thing he's done that's reached the heights of Eraserhead

best answer desu

Pro-tip: is the same meaning as in Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive. Just more complex.

these threads used to be funny but theyre quickly becoming some of my least favourite on Sup Forums

shut the fuck up

Autism

dude haha iannis "xennakis" is the musical equivalent of inland empire because theyre both weird Lol!! :D :D

raging autism

Well, can you provide some examples?

that guy is so autistic! why isn't he posting random music with a reputation for being weird that has nothing in common with inland empire whatsoever like us!

are you the same sperg from the last lynch thread?

en garde!

>Lost Highway

Then post some music that has something "in common" with Inland Empire.
Oh wait you can't
It's a lighthearted thread that means nothing, calm the fuck down you autistic faggot.

why are you having a go at me? i'm just joining in with you saying how much i hate this autistic guy and his posts that are autistic and faggoty! i think you really btfoed him so far!!

is that lasagna cat

xixax.com/halfborn/
Good theories in here but it is kind of long.

Basically 1st half Laura Dern isn't real. 2nd half Laura Dern is imagining herself as an actress playing a part in a new film. The girl stuck in the room, is a spirit of a woman that was murdered in 1930s(?) Poland. The spirit was split in half and one part is stuck in purgatory, while the other is reincarnated as Laura Dern.

Since this is music related.
youtube.com/watch?v=S-dwbzpX8KI

This song is fucking amazing and atmospheric. Too bad the rest of Lynch's music isn't similar in mood and instrumentation.

lmao he deleted it.

What a coward