I used to think that the 'is BvS deep, good...

I used to think that the 'is BvS deep, good, amazing -- whatever you want to say' discussion on Sup Forums was just a meme here. However, today I learned that it isn't. Over on the Criterion forums users are going back and forth about whether its a misunderstood masterpiece.

criterionforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12751

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/foSdR
nyfcc.com/2013/06/movie-of-the-year-man-of-steel-reviewed-by-armond-white-for-cityarts/
nationalreview.com/article/433246/batman-v-superman-culture-war-gets-mythic
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/69610324/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/71885093
youtu.be/7p5-14rjWUM
youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cuz it is

First 2 acts are an 8.5/10 but the last act drags it down to a 7/10

Better than most other capeshit but not a masterpiece

Just as Tesla or DaVinci were misunderstood in their time so to will Snyder be revered centuries later when scholar's look upon his magnum opus BvS will go down in the history books as high art

It's the worst capefilm since Man of Steel. Superheroes are for kids, it's not supposed to be deep.

Wow what a Slowpoke OP

BVS got btfo on RT by ghostbusters let that sink in.

>Sup Forums is better than Criterionfags to evaluate film

Be sure to link them this.

m.imgur.com/a/foSdR

Too many people are way too far entrenched in their "not muh X" camps. It's their loss. The ultimate cut is definitely among my top five superhero movies, at least.

Save those Criterionplebs some time and link them to these:

>Honest critical reviews
nyfcc.com/2013/06/movie-of-the-year-man-of-steel-reviewed-by-armond-white-for-cityarts/
nationalreview.com/article/433246/batman-v-superman-culture-war-gets-mythic

>Kino dumps
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/69610324/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/71885093

and this too

youtu.be/7p5-14rjWUM

Typical

babby's first Jesus allegory

I can't believe someone went through all of that just to troll people on Sup Forums.

Sorry, Supes is total garbage. Wrong look, badly written. If he were a truly sympathetic, heroic character, like C. Reeves, being targeted by Batman, the audience would have been way more engaged. I can't be convinced that a single person in the world has an emotional connection to Henry Cavill's Superman.

youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c

>Criterion

I don't need a circlejerk to tell me if a movie is good or to validate my taste

It's a leaked copy of Terrio's powerpoint presentation that he used to pitch his version of the script.

Both were somewhat bad movies. It just happened that one had feminazis backing it up.

this board is filled with 14 year olds who only watch commercial movies

This wasn't a commercial movie?

What? No it's not, it has screenshots from the movie and zack snyder harpooning a whale.

The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character says that "the world's too big”. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a strucutral constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the ‘abyss’ of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.

“Art is intrinsically meaningless,” says Ben Affleck. The primary theme of BvS' analysis of Sontagist camp is a mythopoetical totality. The characteristic theme of the works of Snyder is the common ground between society and language. But the premise of dialectic superheroism holds that the establishment is capable of social comment. The subject is interpolated into a social realism that includes narrativity as a whole.

“Society is unattainable,” says Kal-El. It could be said that Luthor uses the term ‘neomaterial desituationism’ to denote not sublimation, but presublimation. If social realism holds, the works of Snyder are an example
of purposeful superhero movies, also known as "capekino."

In a sense, Marveldrones promote the use of postdeconstructive objectivism to attack capekino. The subject is contextualised into a neomaterial desituationism that includes reality as a reality.

But dialectic superheroism suggests that culture serves to entrench outmoded, elitist perceptions of capeshit. Terrio uses the term ‘neomaterial desituationism’ to denote a self-supporting totality.

The opening scene of The Dark Knight Returns, sometimes known as "Bane on Plane," is generally considered to be a variant of surrealism or Dadaism, usually with existential or postmodern undertones related to collapse of meaning and the visceral absurdity of confusion in a symbolic order. On this reading, the scene is designed to evoke a kind of uncanny valley effect in the viewer by presenting him with what is ostensibly an incredibly conventional narrative and semiotic holism - an American action caper, constructed so prototypically from cliches and familiar devices that even the exciting "reveal" of Bane's identity has its anagnorisis and payoff botched well before its presentation as dramatic climax - but subtly and systemically undermining the possibility of semiotic stability throughout the scene, and thereby sabotaging the possibility of the viewer's fusion with the film's semiotic horizon. The experience of watching Bane on Plane is one of profound unease and even dissociation, as the viewer continually tries to assemble coherent meanings, motives, and purposes from a train of malformed tropes, allegories, and metaphors; narratological intuition continually fails to discover any implicit humanity in the behaviour of the actors. The mind reflexively brackets the scene as likely to admit of little variation in its seemingly familiar, even monolithic tropes, but is continually surprised to find that near every trope is "misbehaving." Where at first a single puzzle piece does not "fit" with its puzzle, it is quickly realised that none of the pieces fit; and that this, perhaps, is not a puzzle at all. When asked whether the work of Foucault and Deleuze on the epistemic experience of schizophrenia influenced his choices in his role as Bane, Tom Hardy declined to comment, but referenced Foucault on the discursive constitution of the author-function.

The movie has the occasional good idea and bin Al-Afleqi is a genuinely great Batman, but it's a complete mess of a movie.

You can't pretend it's "better than Marvel" when it's trying to ape Marvel in almost every way. You CANNOT pretend this movie is anything more than a corporate product designed to get a cinematic universe running as fast as possible when the Wonder Woman e-mails are in the movie.

Agreed

Hi Zack.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it sucks.

Faggot

On release, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly received criticism for its depiction of violence.[38] Leone explains that "the killings in my films are exaggerated because I wanted to make a tongue-in-cheek satire on run-of-the-mill westerns... The west was made by violent, uncomplicated men, and it is this strength and simplicity that I try to recapture in my pictures."[39] To this day, Leone's effort to reinvigorate the timeworn Western is widely acknowledged.[28]

Critical opinion of the film on initial release was mixed as many reviewers at that time looked down on Spaghetti Westerns. In a negative review in The New York Times, critic Renata Adler said that the film "must be the most expensive, pious and repellent movie in the history of its peculiar genre."[40] Charles Champlin of the Los Angeles Times wrote that the "temptation is hereby proved irresistible to call The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, now playing citywide, The Bad, The Dull, and the Interminable, only because it is."[41] Roger Ebert, who later included the film in his list of Great Movies,[42] retrospectively noted that in his original review he had "described a four-star movie, but only gave it three stars, perhaps because it was a 'Spaghetti Western' and so could not be art". Ebert also points out Leone's unique perspective that enables the audience to be closer to the character as viewers see what he sees.[43]

>The year is 2066
>"Grandpa user grandpa user can we talk to you"
>Your hearing is not as good as it used to be, but you try your best.
>"Yeah. What is it little ones?"
>"Grandma user says you took her to see Batman v Superman on your first date"
>You grin to yourself. "Yes, yes I did."
>"Grandpa, how does it feel to have witnessed the death of capeshit first hand and witness the birth of capekino? My teachers tell me this is one of the biggest moments in American history."
>"Well little ones, many were scared. Traditional reviewers didn't know what they had on their hands. They didn't understand it. So naturally, as humans do with the unknown they start to hate it, fear it."
>"Wow grandpa"
>"Many understood that we had something different but it was hard to express. Imagine tomorrow seeing a totally brand new color, never seen before and never existing on the visible spectrum. How would you explain what you see? How would you comprehend it? You could not. You would only realize you were seeing something new and beautiful. That's what Batman V Superman was for us kids. Something new and something beautiful. It jump started the entire capekino movement and destroyed all modern film criticism as we knew it. World peace was shortly established and no child went hungry anymore. We achieved a whole new level of evolution and we can all thank Zack Snyder for it."
>"Wow gramps, that's a crazy story."
>"Hehe kids, you'll understand it soon enough. Hey, who wants to take a trip to Six Flags on the holodeck?"
>"Yaaaaaaaaaaay"
>"Heh, let's go kids"

God bless you Zack Snyder.

If there's this much discussion now, just wait till those plebs get a load of what all Sup Forums's uncovered.

>"Grandpa, can you tell us the story again?"
>"Yes my child what story would you like to hear?"
>my grandchildren and his friends gathered around me eager to hear the story
>"Tell us about when Batman v Superman was released, the Dawn of Capekino"
>"Ah yes, during those times Marvel and Disney dominated cape movies, they released superhero movies like there's no tomorrow, each one a copy of the other. People were getting tired, wanting for something new"
>"And then came a visionary, his name was Snyder and he took cape movies into a brand new direction. Cape movies with substance, cinematogrpahy, deep and insightful themese and symbolism, never before seen only taught possible into arthouse cinema."
>"Snyder combined the cape movies and kino, never taught to be possible before ushering a new wave of capekinos for generations to come"
>"That's amazing grandpa, what happened next?"
>"Snyder was hated. People back then didn't understand something so beautiful could be melded with comic book heroes. He was persecuted and humiliated and insulted by almost every forum and critic during that time"
>"That sounds awful grandpa"
>"Yes, yes it was. It was a terrible time to be a patrician of the arts but ultimately with much perseverance, Snyder won thus starting the era of capekino"
>a tear falls from my eyes as I finish the story
>"Grandpa, why are you crying?"
>"No, my child, it was just during those brief moments, I doubted Snyder. I-I took part in hating him...I wish I could have said sorry to him... "

>A reading from the Acts of Man of Steel
>Scene 2:13: Selected passages

>3 And I heard a loud voice from the cinema saying, "Look! Snyder's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and Snyder himself will be with them and be their saviour.

>4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more repetitive or safe or cheap comedy or quips, for the old order of Marvel movies has passed away."

>13 And so they hated him, and persecuted him. The critics crucified him and threw rotten tomatoes at him.

>14 But he persevered and gained strength from the audience, and so we will persevere.

>15 And he stands by the right side of the spirit of Kino, and draws inspiration from it, and so will his followers.

>22 During the filming of the port battle at Batman v Superman, Snyder was found wandering along the port.

>23 In one of such instances he walked on water while carrying an IMAX camera on one hand, which greatly terrified his cast and crew at that time.

>24 Affleck, out of fear, shouted "Snyder, if it is you, tell me to come to the water!"

>25 "Come". Snyder said.

>26 Affleck stepped on the water and walked for a few feet but then sank. He cried out "Snyder, hast thou forsaken me? Save me, oh dear brother!"

>27 Immediately Snyder reached out his hand and caught him.

>28 Snyder exclaimed, "Bin Muhammad Afflecki, why did you doubt?"

>29 And so the heretic one vowed to spread the word.

Samefag

absolutely beautiful

>Sup Forums memed so hard they made BvS good

Lord Kek shall make this film more appreciated

Omg i love
Sup Forums

>nyfcc.com/2013/06/movie-of-the-year-man-of-steel-reviewed-by-armond-white-for-cityarts/
>Man of Steel is The Godfather of superhero movies.

>pic
Who is this?

richard brody's piece on it is better

what kino is that .gif from

bro...

...bro?

Just finished watching the ultimate cut and didn't want to start new thread.
I have few things to say.

It wasn't boring,3 hours went fast.I don't feel like I wasted my time.
Actions scenes were sub par,batman fighting looked clunky.If it was director choice to represent batman getting old then he did poor even if this was included in the dialog.It want nowhere and it was unnecessary.
CGI wasn't up to to its best,doomsday fight was like a cartoon.
Dark theme wasnt in tone with the movie and the orchestral music was getting in the way.Nolan did it better so I will leave it at that.
Scenes that people fight over as being deep came up shallow because they were short,plain and simple they were fucking short so they fell flat.
One liners without setting up the stage and scene not lasting for more than 2 seconds doesnt mean anything."do you bleed--wooosh-you will" was a trailer piece and nothing else.
I dont know what Snyder was thinking but he is not Dante Alighieri of our generation.
Jesse Eisenberg doesnt know how to act I wont be watching any other movie he is in ever again.

Steppenwolf
A general in Darkseids army

Thank you.

jej

Is that nigga selling tissue boxes?