A 6 disc deluxe box set of Sgt. Pepper is getting announced in the next two hours. What do you want to see on it?

A 6 disc deluxe box set of Sgt. Pepper is getting announced in the next two hours. What do you want to see on it?

amazon.com/dp/B06WGVMLJY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1491303307&sr=1-4&keywords=sgt pepper's lonely hearts club band&&linkCode=ll1&tag=tq-20&linkId=bb1951b422954bcbee9ddccda3be3a8b

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/NEW-ORIGINALS-LHCB/dp/B06WGVMLJY?tag=vglnk-ca-c33-20
amazon.ca/NEW-ORIGINALS-LHCB/dp/B06WGVMLJY/ref=sr_1_6?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1491322328&sr=1-6&keywords=new originals
images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/D1SlZaoXPGS.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=CDuQuJdhO3Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

carnival of light obv

6 discs of the title track and the title track (reprise)

>$150
What the fuck, that's way too much for 6 discs

Wasn't that done during white album?

We'll wait for the mega user.

Yeah, but if Revolver didn't get a 6disc anniversary box s/t won't.

>6 disks

what the fuck are they going to put on it? all the outtakes that were already on Anthology vol 2 in the 90s?

also this

carnival of light
as many good studio outtakes as possible (not mostly all trash likes Dylans cutting edge)
mono and stereo remixes
original mono mix

was paul featured on this album or was he dead by then?

Actual good music

This was Faul, but Faul was more patrician than Paul anyway

i love the album, but can not comprehend any need to have 6 discs worth of related content.

You sure it will be announced today?

Will probably be something like
Disc 1: Album in Stereo
Disc 2: Album in Mono
Disc 3: Outtakes and singles e.g. Carnival of Light, the tracks that wound up on Yellow Submarine, Penny Lane & Strawberry Fields Forever
Disc 4: Demos and alternative versions
Disc 5: Instrumental version or some shit
Disc 6: DVD documentary or something

>Instrumental version
you can get some decent instrumentals by de mixing the beatles rockband MOGG files. I think they actually used master tapes to separate the tracks when they made the game

If anyone's thinking of getting this, someone on the Steve Hoffman forum found that this has the same ASIN number and is probably the box set but is significantly cheaper. You can preorder and cancel if it turns out to be something else and you won't be charged. It probably is though what with it having the same ASIN no. and LHCB probably being Lonely Hearts Club Band.
amazon.ca/NEW-ORIGINALS-LHCB/dp/B06WGVMLJY?tag=vglnk-ca-c33-20

im in the US though

God dammit I've got to buy this thing again??

You can have things delivered to other countries from foreign Amazon, just have to spend more on postage. Would still be less than the US version's cost.

Looks to me like a complete waste of time.

OK Sup Forums, you've got just enough money for either the Weird Al box set or this.Which do choose?

Weird Al

Bear in mind that I'm only speculating

Where/when is this announcement?

Not announced yet, but the box is up on American Amazon and they've been posting cryptic videos about it lately on their social media accounts. It's going to happen at some point in the coming weeks.

I hope this ends up having Carnival of Light on it. It will be about time.

carnival of shite more like

Avant-garde a clue

WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS THING THEN OP SURELY IT HAS BEEN 3 HOURS NOW

Images of the box are starting to come out through Amazon.

Looks like 1 disc of the original album, 2 discs of sessions, 1 disc of something else (no idea what, but text is different to album so it's obviously not just an alt. mix) and 2 DVDs/Blu-rays.

>people think Carnival of Light is going to be released as a bonus track in a niche super deluxe edition for superfans

if not now, when

Amazon Canada has the box set up with a price error

amazon.ca/NEW-ORIGINALS-LHCB/dp/B06WGVMLJY/ref=sr_1_6?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1491322328&sr=1-6&keywords=new originals

who knows if it'll go through

Reminder Beatles fans will still claim they invented the concept album

COL was recorded during pepper's sessions

this is fancy

ill wait for the rips

No they recorded it during a break from working on Penny Lane.

I bet it's going to be like Pet Sounds Sessions or Smile Sessions.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

reminder that if it wasn't for this album the entire genre of prog rock would probably not exist

Remainder that this album fucked Brian Wilson's brain.

thats the rumor, lots of unfinished stuff and demos from the sessions, I'm very excited

>tfw this box set finally kills him

There's a video on the Amazon page now. No Carnival of Light, just lots of outtakes and different masters. And Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields.

I hope it doesn´t kill him, i know he may not live another year but still, he needs to live a while longer.

Oh fuck, that's why it's getting released. Now I get it.

I'm intrigued by the new stereo mix.

sgt pepper session recordings?
Hnnnggggg the secret elder god tier

A track that is just the sound of 3 dudes shoveling dirt in silence for a few minutes

kek

flac rips when?

Psychodelic Sounds: George, Ringo, and John Bury Paul [Outtake Highlights]

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles.

prove it

At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history and understand which artists accomplished which musical feat, and which simply exploited it commercially.

Beatles' "Aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll. It replaced syncopated African rhythm with linear Western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for good reason. They could never figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with their musical merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly much more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Four'. And Pete Townshend was a far more accomplished composer, capable of entire operas such as "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"; not to mention the far greater British musicians who followed them in subsequent decades or the US musicians themselves who initially spearheaded what the Beatles merely later repackaged to the masses.

The Beatles sold a lot of records not because they were the greatest musicians but simply because their music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They wrote a bunch of catchy 3-minute ditties and they were photogenic. If somebody had not invented "Beatlemania" in 1963, you would not have wasted five minutes of your time reading these pages about such a trivial band.

wt* I hate the Beatles now

m e m e
e
m
e

This pasta is stale. Especially the first one.

Here is a commercial for all the releases if any one is interested

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/D1SlZaoXPGS.mp4

this already sounds much better than any other beatles stereo remasters
i will say i miss the vocal distortion on lucy in the sky, i wish they had kept that

>1 disc of something else (no idea what, but text is different to album so it's obviously not just an alt. mix)
ITS HAPPENING

You're thinking of Revolution 9

The ad says it's "a deeper dive with 100 minutes of outtakes, many previously unheard and unreleased. Plus new stereo mixes of Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane. With extra tracks including the "lost" version of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"

youtube.com/watch?v=CDuQuJdhO3Y

Close, it's
>Disc 1: Album in Stereo
>Disc 2: Album in Mono
>Disc 3: Outtakes
>Disc 4: More outtakes
>Disc 5: DVD documentary
>Disc 6: Blu-ray documentary

If they don't release Carnival of Light this year, it will become public domain by EU law next year. If they want to make money off it, they better release it fast. Of course, that doesn't mean they will

aaahh, what a classic

Carnival of Light has never been bootlegged though, so nobody can take it from the public domain because it's not available. Maybe I've got copyright law completely wrong, but Apple doesn't have to release Carnival of Light to the public regardless of how old it is.

A trash can so I can proceed to throw it into it

Wow, hooh, mmm, I'm gonna need to take a walk for that one, oof, I really like the Beatles, you really, ooh, pissed me off, that's gonna sting in the morning, damn

Me too

Hyping hard on this, I really hope they officially announce tomorrow.

how long before every utterance that was caught on tape is pressed to vinyl i wonders

If you don't have A/B Road, you're not a real Beatles fan

the bluray/dvd also have a 5.1 mix and hi-rez