Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering

Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering.

>What sport did you play and was it fun?

>Was the training difficult?

>How much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?

>calling american football a sport

Why are quarterbacks such pussy slayers in hs?

I played Rugby just cuz it's fun
Training was difficult cuz I was a fatty and it's basically crossfit and a game at the end
no rivalry between teams tho

I'm a fencer. Fenced all through high school and now in college as well. Get payed 50 dollars an hour to judge matches and 40 to coach.

When I train seriously it's exhausting. I top of workouts you have to practice technique that takes absolute focus.

Never had any big rivalries really. Although once at the state championship I had a judge who didn't know the rules and I got eliminated on a series of bad calls. Almost quit after that

Played hockey throughout high school and a bit after..Training was a bitch considering I played goalie. Best years of my life though

>I had a judge who didn't know the rules and I got eliminated on a series of bad calls. Almost quit after that
how the fuck did the event organizers let that happen?

Because it is a sport

Literally NO idea. The states are usfa certified tournaments so the judges have to have a ton of training and pass tests.

She didn't know that you can use your off hand can touch the ground (which I do on all of my low attacks) and carded me until I lost essentially.

Played ncaa d3 hockey in college. It was a blast.
There was a lot of training for sure, but a lot of it was fun (for the most part) because of teammates and seeing improvement while playing.
Getting skated at 6am after a rough stretch of games was not enjoyable.
There was more of a rivalry between full teams than individual players, though there were definitely players that got under your skin.

>though there were definitely players that got under your skin.
elaborate?

I'm not sure if you ever watch hockey, or any sport really, but there's always a player on one team that's constantly shit-talking, aggressive, whatever. Always worse when they're on a team you already hate.

>swim team

>if you actually did the sets, then yes it was hard as fuck

>rival school practiced in the otherside of the pool and we sometimes get in arguements about who gets what lanes.

makes sense, what position did u play

I'm a goalie, still play in an adult league which is fun in a way but also so much different than an organized college team.

Grade school through first year of HS.
Football, baseball, wrestling.
Then ended up blowing out my knee in a game - doc said that was it, no more playing for you.
Ended up switching to fencing in college until I couldn't compete anymore from knee damage.
Training was training - it wasn't hard to learn, it was just difficult doing it correctly time and time again.

I used to play volleyball in HS, we won some tournaments.
That shit was fun

Played water polo hs and college, wrestled for short time in hs. It's a lot of fun but exhausting and rivalry depends. There was more shit between hs teams than college.

water polo can be pretty brutal

>boxing it was fun when I was hitting the person not the other way around

>yes the first couple of months I was fat and outta shape

>one nigger right when we touched gloves swung at my face only rivalry I had

>one nigger right when we touched gloves swung at my face only rivalry I had
did he get dq'd?

I also did swim and had this exact situation lol. What stroke did you swim ?

Yeah, dislocated a few fingers but many have worse happen

I played varsity basketball in high school. It was exceptionally fun. I loved playing any sport.

The training was not difficult, but it was physically demanding. Most of practice was sprinting back and forth up the court, as basketball requires almost constant running due the the back and forth nature of the sport and the relatively small court size. All the technique in the world cannot save you in basketball if you run out of gas and start half-assing it one period into the game.

There was plenty of rivalry for me between my teammates who played the same position as I did (power forward). Not so much between players of other positions. As for other school rivalries, not too much. There might have been more if we had been one of the better basketball schools, but we werent even in the top half of our league most years. There was more of a school rivalry thing going on in football.

I dont believe I was good/tall enough in combination to have played competitively in college for basketball. I might have been able to make it in baseball, but I stopped playing baseball when my father refused to pay the league fees in middle school. He told me to get a job and pay for it myself. I found it impossible to find a job at 13 years of age, so that was the end of that.

Baseball. Was fun as fuck.
No lol it's baseball.
More than I expected tbh. Really it was just a bunch of high test boys trying to impress girls.

What fancy pants HS has fencing?
I like watching female water polo players expose each other.

>Really it was just a bunch of high test boys trying to impress girls.
no homo but baseball gear looks hot af on guys who have decent bodies

Track Bitches
Yes. Our school went all out we sent kids to state every year so we had a high bar set
Not much, track athletes are really fucking weird

Did you wear the booty shorts?

cross country, track, ski racing. training was really hard for track/xc, ski racing was a joke comparatively besides getting out there to train

sometimes.
Sometimes we just wore compression shorts with our junk hanging about.

post pic