Yesterday, I made a post about how music as a medium (and all art in general) is in its death throws...

Yesterday, I made a post about how music as a medium (and all art in general) is in its death throws. Mainly because the rise of the internet and technology.

Everyone mocked me yet no one was able to refute it.

A single list which included Gorillaz was posted as proof that """art""" is still alive.

When will you accept its dead?

All we need is a couple of wars and this post-modernist shite will be erradicated. Also how is Stoner depressing?

a) You've never been in a war.
b) You have no understanding of post-modernism or why it exists.
c) kys

Everyone mocked you because you don't give any arguments as to why it is dying. Music and art have existed since the beginning of humankind. Claiming that it is dying "because of the internet and technology" is plain retarded. If anything, it is now much easier to access it.

The ending made me unironically sob

I don't think that's correct, and although you haven't really detailed your argument, it doesn't sound very clever

No one refuted because they knew it would be like talking to a wall (with autism)

What a fucking retarded thread, checked and kill yourself.

Name one great band started after 2002. That's a 15 years of material.

Its like asking to name a great crooner who started after 1960. Bands aren't as in now.

Death Grips

Music as a medium isn't dying. Western culture is about to die. Don't confuse the medium (music) with the messenger (our culture).

>muh rock is dead
Rock ≠ all music

There is almost no culture anywhere because of the internet. Everyone is at odds.

"These horrors were really non-existent. A man of the Middle Ages would detest the whole mode of our present day life as something far more horrible and cruel, far more than barbarous. Every age, every culture, every custom and tradition has its own character, and it's own weakness and it's own strength, it's beauties and cruelties; it accepts certain sufferings as a matter of course, puts up patiently with certain evils. Human life is reduced to real suffering, to hell, only when two ages, two cultures and religions overlap. A man of the Classical age who had to live in medieval times would suffocate miserably just as a savage does in the midst of our civilization. Now there are times when a whole generation is caught in this way between two ages, between two modes of life and thus loses the feeling for itself, for the self-evident, for all morals, for being safe and innocent. Naturally, everyone does not feel this equally strongly." [Hesse; Steppenwolf p.23]

Hip hop died too.
Jazz has been dead.
Classical died too.

Ambient has gotten way better in the late 2000s and early 2010's

Okay, maybe that's true, and maybe bleep to some degree.

We've also had more experimentation in hip hop, hope that continues to grow

Vektor
Haken
Beyond Creation
Obscura
Ne Obliviscaris
Triptykon
Tribulation
Oranssi Pazuzu
Blood Incantation
Uneven Structure
Ulcerate
Be'lakor
Saor

Literally who?

>Inferior to every pre-2002 great
Metal

You're so thick.

Not only did you lack an argument but your "last great artists" were fucking red house painters and nmh. Nobody takes you seriously because you clearly dont know about modern music or have your own taste.

Yeah, you're right.
I should've named my buddy's post-avant-garde jazz funk startup for my comparison.

Would've made much more sense.

But anyways, please name your post-2002 greats
:)

>death throws
>throws
wow