Seriously fuck this state. Raising the minimum wage up to $11 and to eventually $13

Seriously fuck this state. Raising the minimum wage up to $11 and to eventually $13.

I'm a full time student that heavily depends on financial aid. Since i'm a full time student, I can only afford to work so much. So this fucking shit fucks us since the cost of everything has just gone up. My fucking rent just went up a $100 and will continue to get raised.

God dam leftwing nuts think that just raising the minimum wage will magically fix being poor, not anticipating the fact that business owners or whoever aren't going to let their margins get cut into so they will just raise prices.

Other urls found in this thread:

mises.org/files/henry-hazlitt-economics-one-lessonpdf/download?token=xBmgeDG7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>raising minimum wage raises prices for everything

This meme needs to die, there's not enough people working minimum wage to make any real dent in currency value. The only exception is the food industry which operates on thin margins.

Hello fellow WA-fag

Housing is not going up because of minimum wage, hate to break that to you. There is significant demand and limited supply.

minimum wage is a tool to keep you dependent on the government. It's a foot on your back to keep you in poverty.

A Gradual Raise To $15 Dollar In 5 Years But Everything Else Is Still Rising In Price. Are You Not Where You Started?

federal goverment doesn't exactly increase my aid based upon what whack jobs do. I'm a work study, doing microbiology work for my school. I get paid 10.85 an hr along with the rest of my aid. But because my aid and workstudy is goverment funded, its set in stone at least for the time being, so I don't see any increase in my income.

So instead of blaming you landlord for rating your rent immediately, you're going to blame a wage increase that is still two years away. Something tells me you have a Good Enough Degree instead of an actual education.

And that's super unfortunate, but it's unintelligent to blame this on the minimum wage increase, as already mentioned.

things dont rise linearly in that regard. Most of the consumer demand is from folks making much more than minimum wage. If you give everyone making $30/hr and extra $5/hr, yes you would see a huge impact, not so much from the $15/hr crowd cause they have less purchasing power. Employment costs right now aren't getting killed by raw wages, they are getting killed by rising health care costs.

I'm assuming this child is in Seattle. I own a house, the value has gone up 12% this year alone. Rentals have seen similar increases. This is what happens when 100k people are moving to the area and housing development hasn't caught up.

But it's the minimum wage he tells ya!

Here you go OP

mises.org/files/henry-hazlitt-economics-one-lessonpdf/download?token=xBmgeDG7

good read

its not just the rent thats the only thing rising though. everything is.

>minimum wage increased 3 weeks ago
>thinks it caused his rent to go up $100 in 3 weeks
>what is a lease agreement
>what is cost of living shooting up on the west side for decades

You belong in EWA where there are tons of idiots like you

I'm going to use McDonalds as an example for this stupid argument

>Say the wages of employees go from $10-15/hr
>An average of 4 employees are working at any given time
>This would increase the total wages by $20/hr
>inb4 mai bigmaks
>An autist would think, 'hey my fucking happy meal now costs $20 more'
>not realizing those 4 employees are serving at least 50 groups per hour.
>Each meal goes up by $0.40 to cover labor

Those are conservative numbers. If you can't afford an extra 50 cents, you are a faggot

Everything is literally the same. Increasing no more than inflation already was

But my point still stands.

If you don't like it here then get the fuck out. Alabama might have a fingers to teeth ratio a little more your speed.

Hes just salty cause the median houshold income is $85k here and hes a fucking pleb

Fellow WA fag. I cordially invite you to go live with the rest of your fellow wage slave white niggers in the retarded red states we drag kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

guess what happens when the minimum wage rises?

I'm not saying OP is right, but does the argument of the new minimum wage purchasing power really stand? If their income is raised, but their costs are raised, are they really going to contribute all that much more then they currently do to the economy? Or does their new income exceed the changes made to costs?

Genuinely asking.

Jaden Smith?