Seems like torrents are dead, ammount of seeds on TPB is very low (comparing to last 4 years)...

Seems like torrents are dead, ammount of seeds on TPB is very low (comparing to last 4 years), older torrents are aundownloadable, how do you download your cars Sup Forumsros?

>Using public trackers

What do you mean?

The vast majority of people never ever get hassled by their ISP, so that's not the issue. Besides, any serious downloader uses a VPN anyway.

I still use TPB. Other options are torrentz2.eu and Play and the other torrent sites on ZeroNet. Addons for Kodi are good. There's also IPFS file-sharing to get in on. Following torrentfreak and to a lesser extent techdirt is helpful for keeping up.

I also still have pretty good luck on Pirate Bay

The bottom line is that torrents are going to be less popular from here on. Normies will use curated services or pay out the ass for trash. A lot of us are getting older and have switched from smoking weed and watching pirated shows to drinking coffee and reading pirated papers.

I downloaded about 60gb of shit in a few hours last night so I dunno what the fuck you're talking about.
All of it from TPB.

I've half filled a 5tb external drive in the past year... I've been downloading constantly since about 17 years ago... still, not ONCE, NEVER, NOT EVEN FUCKING ONCE, had a single warning, notification... NOTHING.
Never once used a VPN.

Torrents of older material maybe, but all the newest material - movies, software, e-books, audiobooks, etc will always be available on torrent sites.

And I don't think it's got anything to do with being older. It's simply the fact that no one wants to seed movies or software from 5-10 years ago endlessly.

Don't worry, you're too dumb to understand.

You'd be a moron not to use a paid VPN at all times.

Public trackers aren't moderated, no incentive to seed for others.

I sure hope you back that data up.

Pretty sure that's just the states. Here in Canada I still get notices while using vpns and the utorrent proxy. Gave up cause I have too many strikes. I got a job and I buy my shit no problem.

You must be using the canadian version of a VPN, which is to say you're being lied to about the VPN you think you have because unless it's the FBI, no one's going to go through the trouble of tracing you for pirating a movie, song or software program.

Sounds like you're not using it properly, Sup Forumsro. Shouldnt get notices if you're not using your own IP.

It's different in Canada. We have notice and notice laws that force the ISPs to look into piracy. Using both a paid vpn and the utorrent proxy plus freegate I still got notices for every download ever since the new laws were passed. So I decided I was done.

I know how it's supposed to work and I've tested it and it's not my ip that shows up. I have no idea how they were getting me.

Interesting. Well then it's a good thing we don't rely on you Canadians to seed our torrent files then. Still seems strange to me someone can trace you if you're using a legitimate VPN. The whole point to paying for the service to begin with (obviously) is so you can't get tracked.

10 year PC professional, ran a NOC with 16,000 circuits for 4 years as well. Been downloading since before WINMX and Napster, still do. Been with AOL, Brighthouse, Verizon, Knowledgy, WOW, Mindspring, never got a single notice, ever. Never used a VPN or any of that other shit. Running a NOC for 4 years taught me how often notices actually go out and what kind of files they pursue, but even before that I never had an issue. I've lost count of the TBs I've DL'd since the 90's.

You just have a shit ISP or your just a pussy faggot talking out of your ass about odds of being pursued,

I always used high anonymous proxies too it really baffled me that I started to get notices. Canada used to be so safe for proxies too. Out copyright laws were super lax.

*safe for pirates not proxies

You're very lucky. I've received only 2 notices in the past 12 years. Most of us know that notices are generally toothless anyway. Maybe after the 5-6th one they'll do something, but the big ISP's like Comcast or Time Warner won't bat an eyelash until you hit 10 notices. From what I've been able to tell, HBO aggressively monitors some of their material, so if you're going after HBO shows you may be at higher risk of being "caught." Regardless, glad you've been able to fly under the radar.

(you)

I sure hope they aren't public proxies.

No they were obscure ass foreign addresses.

I got a credit card now... I just buy it, I used to do it when I was a kid though.

Also a lot of software has a good freeware alternative.

DEAD MEME

Congratulations, you fucked up.

Is this the end of torrents ?

The reason I've downloaded so much is because I have to keep re-downloading everything because mates of mine keep breaking my hard drives at parties when drunk.
I might look at backing shit up.
Seems like a good idea...

skytorrents.in faggot

Nigga you crazy. It's motherfucking screener season. Try RARGB you dumb cave nigger.

Retard. Nobody uses public websites like TPB anymore.

Everyone uses private trackers now.

You don't have your VPN set to Canada, eh?

it does though.
nowadays i dont have time to watch movies or play games as much. even TV shows i dont watch.
music is covered by spotify or alternative sources like soundcloud, and that can be ripped if you need to without too much trouble.

the newer generation uses paid services their mommies get them, and they're mostly normies who pay anyway.

the only thing worth getting is books, but places like mega, etc. cover that quite well.

there's just simply nothing worth getting these days.

Don't use external drives, they're slow and easily broken. Get 2 high quality drives and set one to ghost the other.

Try Mega too.

There are still a few good public trackers left.

Software.

I was explaining this to my friend a few weeks back. Torrenting is literally dead. The Pirate Bay literally is nothing but viruses, through the deepest of searches, I couldn't find a clean file on the site... I changed the search query a few times too. TPB has barely any seeds. Other Torrent sites are either really shady or scams. Torrenting just isn't what it used to be. We need to create a new file type, extracter for that file type and popular website to share those files for pirating and stuff.

wrong site you fucking newfag

never reproduce

Open source software has finally come into its own. There's really no reason not to use all open source software at this point, you don't have to be a computer scientist to install linux mint and use apt-get or a gui to get what you need. The exception is games, but linus does have borderlands, an open source morrowind engine reimplementation, and terraria, among others, all of which ypu can torrent.

Don't just have one disc ghost the other one. What happens when you accidentally overwrite something important or get some virus or something. Keep multiple copies of your disc from different times in storage media which is physically disconnected from any machine, power source, or the internet. No computing mistake or software can wreck an unplugged backup drive.

Stop breathing please, no one else in this thread speaks cuck and we can't understand you.

>"I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT SO I GUESS I'LL JUST UN-ORIGINALLY BULLY SOMEONE!"

Drink bleach.

I would not be surprised if this is the same person replying to themselves, and also that I am that person too.

Ever since the feds started raiding torrent sites for a while activity has gone down. Heck, I rarely download anything now unless I want to share it with someone or I need a copy of windows. I mostly just stream shows or movies from sites and do free trials over and over again.

>projecting this hard

I always buy the best external drives you can get... I'm not a savvy computer guy... I've got a pretty good desktop computer for my needs but I dunno what I needed to buy for internal use... I got a real good deal on my 5tb external drive though, was meant to be £230 and I got it for £110.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but you sound like the same person. What's this argument about, I wanna argue.

Thanks for the Mega tip. I've honestly never used it to search for shared material. I will now. Thanks again.

Dude, Torrenting was never alive. It has always fucking sucked.

It sounds like you use bullshit proxies. You probably send your DNS requests to your ISP too. Which defeats the whole point.

Um, if you're using it right, by very definition of the technology, they shouldn't be able to know it's you.
You're using it wrong.l

>oh shit nigger what are you doing
You are gonna start a fucking argument

Use Hideman VPN you retard. If you pay for it, it doesn't log your activity. If you use the free version it logs your activity and throws the log out after 16 days/18 days (can't remember which it was). It has no ping loss if you have good internet and has servers all over the world, so you have a lot of good locations to choose from.

My connection is very slow and I download an average of 39GB per day, I have no idea what you're talking abot.

Torrenrting is the best