“I enjoyed it, man. I know there’s been this big hubbub, but those people are funny, and they made a funny movie...

“I enjoyed it, man. I know there’s been this big hubbub, but those people are funny, and they made a funny movie.” - Kevin Smith.

What objection do you have to watching this, other than plain misogyny?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a penis

I'll pirate it on bluray.

Looks like a shitty movie frankly. No where near as good as the original.

How is it misognistic to say women aren't funny? It's like saying its misognistic to say women don't have good upper body strength, it's factual, not hateful

I saw Kevin Smith a couple weeks ago, did a live podcast here in Indy.

The guy has a decent grip on pop culture, and his taste is reasonably good. I'm inclined to think he's correct here.

That being said, the movie has a LOT of weight on it. Even barring the whole feminism debate, it still has way too much to live up to, which is a huge weight on it's shoulders. It can't just be GOOD, it has to live up to (if not surpass) one of the greatest comedies of the 80's. Pardon me for saying so, but this movie couldn't have done that even with all the damage control they tryied to divert with the feminism meme.

I like the new Proton Pack designs though, they look like something cobbled together and built on a budget of jack and shit. Gonna see it, but only because I can get in for free.

Most people here are interested in seeing it.
Most people here are not interested in paying to see it.
Same as its ever been.

i hate women

Same as it ever was.

I saw it tonight with a full theater. got a ticket for a private screening for some nursing thing. the movie is shit. its basically the first movie again, they name drop REDDIT, and the villain is a fat nerd and they deliberately make dumb and nonsensical jokes about him being a fat virgin nerd who makes ghosts for some reason. the crowd i saw it with fuckin loved it. it's fuckin garbage. i went in with an open mind, and i didnt laugh once. paul feig is a faggot kyke cuccccccckkkkkk

Kevin Smith loves every fucking movie he sees. He loved Civil War, Force Awakens, Revenge of the Sith, etc. The directors must bride him with cheeseburgers.

The fact that I honestly have not liked any of these comedians and they took the direction of an Adam Sandler type film.

I recently rewatched GB 1 and 2, and honestly it's mostly nostalgia, the movies aren't THAT good.

>What objection do you have to watching this, other than plain misogyny?
I'll be too busy playing Pokemon GO, its like GB but REAL

You don't think so?

I haven't seen 2, but the first is a legit perfect storm of great actors, an original premise, and a great script. Not even mentioning the set designs and score.

What don't you like about it?

The new ghostbusters is not even as good as ghostbusters 2. ghostbusters is pretty much a shitty copy of the first ghostbusters. Ghostbusters is probably one of the greatest comedies ever made and most quotable movies ever. ya'll are fcked

user at was probably born in 1994 or 95, this audience demo honestly cant handle anything prior to 91.

I have no respect for Kevin Smith and never have.

>1994 or 95

Nah, i'm from 84. I can handle older stuff just fine.

I mean the movies aren't bad ofc, but acting isn't really that good, jokes are a bit forced too. If it was released today it would get ~5.0 score on IMDB.

Buddy I was born in 96. I'm just saying, for it's time the original Ghostbusters was a damn masterpiece, and the chemistry between the actors is what makes it great to this day.

New one, imo, isn't gonna establish the same rapport between them. Already there's gonna be a broken relationship between McCarthy and Wiig's characters (Wiig abandoned Ghost Hunting years ago apparently) so straight off the bat you're not gonna get the initial sense that these characters have been friends for years pursuing this particular line of work.

If the robocop remake from a few years ago had starred a woman, it would get the same attention and backlash this movie did.

I am not watching it for the same reason I didn't watch the Robocop remake. Or the Total Recall Remake.

I dunno, I thought the acting was perfectly believable, it didn't have to be Shakespeare necessarily. It conveyed the character's motivations well enough.

Also, which jokes are you saying were forced?

He's too much of a social media bitch to dare to say anything remotely negative about the movie. Anyone who takes his word seriously would be an ignoramus.

I'm saying, they aren't really that much funny in general.
I think people love Ghostbusters so much mostly cause of nostalgia, just like Home Alone etc.
There weren't many movies like that during 80's, so that's why it was a big thing, not because it's a great movie.
It's an enjoyable popcorn flick, nothing more.

Huh, 84, I'm from 82. Its funny, Ive been noticing how much just even a few years change how people perceive something like pop culture.

ok, youre alrght, youngblood. lol

I guess I can see your reasoning there, that's understandable.

I just don't want to see it. I enjoyed the original Ghostbusters when I was a child and appreciate the humour as an adult now but I honestly couldn't give two shits about the remake just like with Robocop and Total Recall.

>but those people are funny, and they made a funny movie

Wow, Kev. You sure do sound enthusiastic.
Please go on.

Yea, it could star Adam Sandler and his gang, or Seth Rogens guys or whoever, the trailer wasn't funny, didn't interest me. Ghosbusters is getting so-so mixed reviews, nothing is making me say yes, so why go?

GB is honestly one of my Comfy films, watch it alot actually, not even trying to lie. Hell, I even am into Ghosthunting and bullshit like that, cus I want that proof.

I can see why Sony wants to make it a bigger brand and I could get behind different iterations, But,with this new cast and director, I just didnt like them for their comedic style or aesthetic. I was hoping for something that would respect the source material and not turn it into an Adam Sandler or Seth Rogen flick.

Melissa McCarthy.

Its like watching Adam Sandler. Or Rob Schneider

I think it could have been serviceable (as serviceable as remakes/reboots can generally be) if there wasn't so much hype and controversy around it, now the narrative is forced into BEST FEMINIST FILM EVER MADE HATERS FALL BACK or FUCKING CUNT SJWS STOP RUINING MY CHILDHOOD WOMEN AREN'T FUNNY. It skews expectations and interpretation in a very real way.

fat bitch cant even jump off the ground.

I think it'll at least be better than Ghostbusters II. I'm mostly just grateful they made it before Michael Bay got his hands on it.

I still wonder if Seth Rogan would have been better or worse. I actually kinda liked Green Hornet.

I'm never liked Kate McKinnon or Leslie Jones, and Melissa McCarthy is very hit or miss in everything Kristen Wiig is the only one I know who will be decent, but everything else about the cast seems pretty crappy to me.

>Kevin Smith
>giving any movie a bad review

Low hanging fruit OP

I don't know. I just saw it and it's not awful, but it's not good either. It's just a mediocre over-produced and studio-intervened movie like Amazing Spider-Man.

The individual cast members are good, and occasionally produce a chuckle with a quip or a good line reading. But the moment they have to have chemistry and start improvising, they just babble with no verve or humour. It's like watching a shit version of the tangers the actors in Mystery Men would go on.

There's odd product placements - the worst one is Pringles. When they meet their first ghost in the manor, Kate McKinnon starts eating Pringles. They tell her to stop and she says something to the effect of, "You try to stop eating these delicious parabolas". It's literally a commercial.

The effects are well done I guess but the aesthetic is all wrong. At no point is it scary, it just looks overly digital and fake.

There's an Avengers-wannabe scene where they go to the Mayor's office to meet some MIB agents, who allude to several other supernatural occurances that will no doubt be in other films (the film starts with a 'Ghost Corps' logo which is weird too, setting up a cinematic universe).

In the end though, it's just forgettable trash. If they'd played two hours of static it would have left the same impression.

Sony's meddling is the only real noticeable impact it left on me. It's just weird seeing all the Sony products throughout, the obviously cut disco dancing climax scene. The title at the start says Ghostbusters, but at the end says Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, as if they're afraid that if the movie flops they'll just say it was always called Answer the Call and market it that way.

It's just too mediocre and bland to get upset over either way.

more like
1%
>it was p-pretty good I guess, don't let those fucking nerd mysognists tell you otherwise
2%
>trailer was garbage, don't want to see it, and now a legion of smug douches are defending it I actively want it to fail
>0.01%
women aren't funny why le gorilla in movie :DDD

and the rest are the normie masses who don't give a shit, dooming the movie to failure.

I probably would've seen it if they didn't end up using this fake, engineered, man made controversy as a marketing tactic.
It cheapened something that was already incredibly cheap.

>What objection do you have to watching this, other than plain misogyny?

To spite people like you, OP

Same as it ever was

>he loved fun movies

what's wrong with you? you okay?

The issue with that is when those two groups are the most vocal, they become the sides that anyone in the general public has to pick from. The narrative created by the extremes ruins any chance for relatively neutral and uninvolved critics to be taken seriously.

SAME AS IT

EVER

WAS

Wiig and McCarthy are trying so hard to be a female Farley and Spade duo and they really should just stop.

>man made controversy
>man made
REEEEEEE SHITLORD CURRENT YEAR FEMALES CAN MAKE CONTROVERSY TOO

Didn't they have to wait until a certain someone died before being given the rights?

Sounds like it could have been a legit good movie if it was lower budget and the actual talent had more of a hand in the production.

>name drop Reddit
Please tell. What's the Reddit joke?

>Kevin Smith
Why all neckbeards in the media and in real life are liberals and left wing leaning?

At least GB1 and 2 were original ideas. Most would appreciate if they made GB3 even if it failed.

Heaven forbid they make movie not trying to cash in nostalgia.

I refuse to encourage remakes and reboots by giving money to them. I'm not opposed to watching it but I'm not adding to their box office.

Pretty much. I don't know who's at fault, if it's the studio or Feig, but the actors are surprisingly all fine. McKinnon mugs a lot but can be funny, she just needed to reigned in. McCarthy is fine, Wiig is fine, Leslie Jones is surprisingly fine aside from the obviously shoe-horned in 'I'm educated about New York history' references that add nothing. Hemsworth is fine when his idiocy isn't being hammered in - just small things like his fake glasses or relaying there's a 'goat on the loose' are funny enough. When they spend five minutes deconstructing something dumb he's doing, it gets boring.

There's several scenes where the actors have to just talk among themselves for 2-3 minutes with no script, and they usually can't carry it. There's a whole bit about 'letting the cat out of the bag' which goes nowhere, has no punchline and isn't funny. Same goes for a bit about Patrick Swayze movies, or the interview scene where they introduce Chris Hemsworth. They just drag on and on with no life.

Charles Dance finds a video of Kirstin Wiig saying ghosts are real posted to YouTube that was then reposted on Reddit. It's not a joke, just a namedrop. He uses the video as grounds to fire Wiig from her position at the university.

LETTING THE DAYS GO BY, LET THE WATER HOLD ME DOWN

Robocop reboot wasn't actually bad. I don't think it stacked up to the original but I still liked it enough and hope they make a sequel for it.
Total recall reboot a piece a shit. Cool effects but a shit.

Because regressive leftism doesn't hold anyone to expectations. There are only rewards for being part of the "victim" class and punishments for being part of the "oppressor" class. If an insecure white guy wants to be One of the Good Ones™, all he has to do is admit he's an oppressor and praise the victims for just existing. That's way easier than having to actively be a good person, because it involves bending over more so than standing up.

I agree. It's awful compared to the original Robocop. But compared to how bad it could have been, and how bad something like Total Recall is, it's fine.

The stuff about Murphy just being a head and lungs is pretty terrifying body horror. They play around with ideas like he's not in control of his actions, drone warfare and stuff, but never go anywhere with them - which is the real downfall. That's what they should have been focusing on, rather than him solving his own murder, which was irrelevant and done better in the original anyway.

Everyone gets studio gets effects happy when they reboot something and think " Oh man, I bet they wish they could've done this" and totally forget story.

>the film starts with a 'Ghost Corps' logo which is weird too, setting up a cinematic universe
what? how would that even work? they seriously counted on this being so successful, holy shit what delusion
>At no point is it scary
interesting point, I don't think effects in old GB are scary but they are charming, they stayed with me since I first saw it. cgi ghosts will never achieve it imo

Total Recall Reboot had an Elder God-tier aesthetic style, exactly the Blade Runner-meets-Minority Report style I'd want to see in something like a Neuromancer adaptation.

Too bad, then, that this wasn't Neuromancer.

I guess scary might be the wrong word. Eerie? There's a quality to the librarian ghost that fits like old ghost stories, with the theremin in the background and everything. Slimer is more comical, but Gozer's fridge stuff is pretty spooky too.

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

whats the bullshit im reading that the movie read youtube comments in the movie.

what did they say and how did it fit into the movie?

I love ghostbusters the same reason I love ninja turtles, that said I hated the new ninja turtles movies.

Twice they read comments from YouTube about their endeavours as they become more famous. I think the first time is when Kate McKinnon posts a video of Wiig screaming that ghosts are real after they meet the Mansion ghost. The comment is something like "These bitches ain't catchin no ghosts"

Then it happens again when they read a few more.

yeah it's trying to scare you but in an entertaining way. like in a horror house in some amusement parks, when the dolls pop out. it's not trying to traumatize you but give you goosebumps and a laugh

Smith is a betamax, of course he liked the movie.

>WE PUT A GHOST IN A BOX!

and whats up with the subtitled trailers now? do they want people to read these terrible jokes too?

It's an abomination made between the unholy union of Amy Pascal and Paul Fag that's an insult to the original director and cast. It's a soulless, creatively bankrupt cash-grab that uses an all-female gimmick to shield it from criticism by whipping feminists and nu-males into a frenzy and insist that it's some sort of spark for a cultural revolution rather than just another shitty, unnecessary remake.
I'm not even going to pirate this fucking filth.

Kevin Smith's daughter is a deluded SJW shitheel. He's influenced, obviously.

I saw the headline for that article the other day. I searched it up because I saw a commercial for it and wanted to know if it was out/what people were saying about it. I thought it was amusing to see the very conflicting headlines.

Based China banned this shit

I just saw Ghodtbusters 2016

It's bad but not that bad. It did had a few so-silly-it's-funny jokes (mainly Chris Hemsworth) but most of it is lame, cringy, too low brow or falls flat on its face (every instant the blonde chick tries to be quirky). It completely falls to pieces at the end as well.

The biggest problem is it's completely different in tone from the originals, which were quintessential dry and sarcastic humour, where as this is slapstick, low brow and the few times it works, absurd. So I can imagine original fans hating it's simply because it really doesn't feel like Ghodtbusters at all to begin with.

It's just bland.
Its like generic cereal, it couldn't have less of an impact on me if it tried.

>What objection do you have to watching this
That I don't want to waste money on a film that I probably won't like based on it's trailer? Tickets are like $25 or some stupid bullshit here and I didn't laugh once at the trailer, why in the fuck would I see it?

Wiig is the only decent one of the four until it becomes apparent that she's retardedly infatuated with Hemsworth like a bad hentai and that she has a running gag which is basically slipping on bananas, just replacing bananas with goo.

McKinnon looks like the only redeeming part of this. I can't stand the other 3

When i started reading your post i thought it was going to be how you met Kevin in a grocery store.

She's actually the worst thing in it. She's painfully cringeworthy.

>Get over it.

Is that headline supposed to make me want to see the movie? Was it a choice between that and "watch it or else?"

Lel, I can see why.

The more I see of her the more I cringe. I originally thought she'd play the staightlady, but no...she turned it into a fucking spasm. Dancing with blowtorches, slamming the guitar and the 1,2, 1 1/2 broken EPA laws joke....blech.

Because the marketing of this movie was "See this movie or you're a misogynist". I don't respond well to threats

My breaking point was when the media tried to crucify James Rolfe for daring to say he wasn't going to watch it. At that point it went from being another shitty remake to "alright then, fuck you too."

What did you expect on an anonym board?
There isnt one "the user of Sup Forums".

Can you imagine if nintendo want to crush his competitor sony they only need to say would say "if the gb2016 bomb in the theater, we will give everyone o free pokeomen in pokemon go" to encourage people to not go inte theaters.

Pretty much this.

So fuck this movie. I do not even care if it is all-female

No cute anime girls.
Way to drop the fucking ball Sony. Christ.

>At least GB1 and 2 were original ideas.

Why are they so angry?

Women are horrible.

He literally has probably a 100 of the same jersey.

what about the Dredd reboot?

If I just say misogynist, am I let off?

Nah my reason is actually plain misogyny women shouldn't vote, make movies or have rights.

Gas the broads, sex war now!