ITT

post albums you matured into, or albums you grew out of

did you know the birds represent each continens?

I actually didn't until you pointed it out, I did although, know that New Grass in the best song on the album

idk i found that album beautiful from first listen and i was a raging plebnugget when i first heard it

for all its complexity and uniqueness it's actually pretty accessible i think, just cuz his voice and sense of melody are so lovely

don't really think you can grow out of music either. i guess im my late teens i became kind of embarrassed that i ever listened to muse just because of how awful they got, but i relistened to some of their pre-resistance stuff recently and it wasn't that bad

if i can tolerate muse then i can probably tolerate anything else i used to like

I "grew out of" Radiohead by 16. Just can't get into them anymore, no matter how hard i try

great album, but only 4 of the 6 songs are good

I went from being into indifferent to this, to realising it is flawless and being my favourite album of all time.

>not liking Taphead

when I first listened to this a musical pleb I thought it was good, although I mostly thought it was really good because other people said it was really good, I didn't really get it. However, with years of more knowledge on music theory and listening to different music, I think, from at the absolute very least a compositional standpoint, one of the finest albums ever written

as well as almost all their other albums, I used to think they were just a shitty pop band who wrote dumb love ballads. I was clueless

this used to be my favorite album too, I grew out of this but it still holds nostalgic value to me

Laughing Stock is truly one of the most underrated masterpieces of all time.

How could anyone miss that

When I first listened to this I thought it was too artsy for me, now I listen to it once every week and it's my favorite album

i dunno about underrated, it's pretty much universally acclaimed as one of the greatest achievements of rock music, ever. it would actually be difficult to trust the judgement of someone who claimed otherwise

underexposed, sure, but good music is always niche

This was the album that got me into post-rock. After exploring first wave a little more I found other albums that I preferred, but this is the only one that's really stayed with me, and, revisiting it years later, I've come to realise it really is the pinnacle of the genre.

it was the album that got me exploring post-rock, idk if that's necessarily a good thing cuz it put me off for quite a while. other than bark psychosis and some sigur ros i don't really hear much talk talk in most post-rock

the early 90s scene (when it wasn't really a proper genre, just a lazy tag for experimental rock groups) is really interesting but i totally lose interest in the genre with godspeed's arrival sadly. i've heard quite a lot of post-rock albums from after the year 1999 and the only ones i care for are sigur ros' efforts.

Sorry, I don't go near any music critics, etc and I have never heard of it outside Sup Forums

This album has grown on me considerably and become one of my favorites.
Channel Orange, too, but this one I think is even better.

Also, checked.

Dad listened to this a lot as a kid and I only looked at it seriously after turning 20. It's really awesome.

This album is like the heroin of music
I've searched everywhere for something that can compare and Codename:Dustsucker is the only thing that comes close, no other music scratches the itch I have for Mark Hollis's music

I can't listen to this stuff anymore

This one was a grower for me. I loved the singles, but I couldn't necessarily get into the other songs right away. It took me about four or five listens to truly love this album.

Taphead is the 2nd best ffs, after new grass

anything by nirvana or sonic youth

Loved this until high school. Painful to listen to now tho

matured into this one

Radiohead, Built to Spill, and Sonic Youth I had listened to and liked as a teenager but I feel I didn't appreciate them properly maybe until years later.

I also got in to metal more as I matured. Was mostly only aware of shitty heavy/power/thrash types metal when I was younger and then I had the angsty wahhh I don't like shitty growly vocals. I basically matured(?) into metal by converging on it from various other genres until the lines blurred and I was suddenly listening to metal bands.

I do think Modest Mouse is best listened to as ~21 years old and after your mid 20s it's more a nostalgia feel. So I guess I grew out of that band. There is a much lower ceiling on my enjoyment of them. 90s Modest Mouse that is. You can't grow out of something that is just not very good :^)

Post-rock got old fucking fast too if that counts as growing out of.

NICE quads. How do I get into Laughing Stock and Hex?

I like both albums, but not to the level most Sup Forumstants like them. Am I missing something?

What's up Tang

who

Nevermind, thought you were someone I know who loves Leaves Turn