Who are some of the best songwriters of the post 2000's?

Who are some of the best songwriters of the post 2000's?

id say bradford cox is one of them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SuIDGDL1Q18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol Sup Forums

probably hayley williams, damon albarn and the dudes in daft punk

>paramore

geez

Smoove & Turrell

lol r/music

this fag

Grouper/Liz Harris

thank god,

a real patrician finally appears

desu incubi is underrated

if you're not being ironic, then einzeger was definitely the songwriting talent behind that band

both of them were. I mean what good would those songs be without his vocal melodies , phrasing etc.
and einzegers guitar writing.

i quite enjoy this guys stuff. also julian casablancas

This. Spoon has some damn solid songs. Very fun band

this is legit one of my fav rock albums of the 00s, especially the first half

I for one certainly think Bradford Cox has made a lot of the most creative music of the the post 2000s.

what do u recommend from deer hunter?

Their last good album before they went all new age.

i thought light grenades was half good, but Love Hurts and Earth to Bella were the first tracks they ever did that just sucked horribly and there were quite a few generic/ forgettable songs on there too

Anna Molly, Rogues, Pendulous Threads and the first 2 tracks are really good and I admit to still really liking Dig too

also that album has some of the worst mastering i've ever heard. incubus were always loudness war victims like every radio band after the 90s but holy shit that album sounds awful

Unironically Mac DeMarco

I think some of Deerhunter's stuff is real miss. Like it tries to be psychedelic but it's honestly just kinda dull. But every once in a while, they really get it done right and it's fucking beautiful. Here are some of my favorite deerhunter songs:

Cryptograms:
Strange Lights
Hazel St.

Microcastle:
Cover Me Slowly + Agoraphobia

EPs:
Fluorescent Grey

Halycon Digest:
Helicopter
Desire Lines

There are lots of other great songs but these ones are the 10/10s imho.

This live performance of helicopter is also gorgeous

youtube.com/watch?v=SuIDGDL1Q18

and if you want, I can also post some of my favorites by Atlas Sound and Lotus Plaza as well (side projects of Bradford Cox and Lockett Pundt respectively).

what do you recommend from Spoon?

Joanna Newsom

writing a fever you can't sweat out and pretty odd at ~16 years old. single handedly making panic at the disco good records

the only real answer is Ariel Pink

check out ga ga ga ga ga and gimmie fiction. they're accessible and probably their best albums. kill the moonlight is their most critically acclaimed but i could never get into it much aside from a couple of songs. girls can tell is another good one imo.

1. Kill the Moonlight
2. Gimmie Fiction
3. Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (finer feelings is a 10/10 song)
4.They want my soul
5. Girls can tell

this is honestly only if i had to choose. all these albums are solid

you honestly cant go wrong with them

MOZART

Cage
Matt Schultz is like the Mick Jagger of our time