THE UNEXPECTED >KEK

Did anyone else find this movie actually pretty funny?

>Watched it the week it came out
>Now, I still can't understand how I didnt hate it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HDMJpsDNg28
youtube.com/watch?v=b7erThUOOtU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

THIS SHITS GONNA HAVE NUTS IN IT

I went in wanting to hate it, but my inner Redditor won over.

>Is it sexist to hit you? Is it sexist NOT to hit you? This is confusing!

My friend made me watch it when he come over to my place. I fell asleep halfway during the movie and had to pretend like I enjoyed it

>*Cocks pistol*

Indian cab driver, Zamboni death and Deadpool vs Colossus all got solid laughs out of me.

that was one of the lamer jokes

I watched this movie as I watch GoTG.

>this is memes, this is reddit

Use that mantra and you'll never enjoy anything

I have to laugh every time I see somebody criticizing a great movie made for us normal people who actually leave our house to interact with other normal people. Fuck these autist cunts in their fedora-wearing asses. It's like some unwritten rule in their pathetic notebook that they have to be miserable at everything, that the world is "shit" and everything they hear or see is "shit" and the agenda of everyone is "shit".

We get it. We watched that South Park episode, too. You have Asperger's Syndrome. Now drink some whisky, lighten the fuck up and seek help for it. You're not the only one in that boat, bucko.

WE rule this board, now. WE decide who's cool and who's not. You rock spiders clinging to the Sup Forums of the past? The ones that yearn for Bela Tarr marathons while you lick Dorito crumbs off of your fingers and weep for "being born in the wrong generation"? You're archaic. You're ancient fucking history. You've been left behind.

Come out of your basement, you cave-dwellers. Come and celebrate the new millennium by watching Deadpool with the rest of us. It's the present year and we have cake. Even though it's a lie.

A convivial Thursday in July to you too, Mr Autist.

It was pretty much what I wanted it to be. Deadpool, but not memepool like the comics were for a while.

you can tell that they wanted to go 10x further out there, but knew the studio would shit if they did.

the baby hand and weasel were pretty good. that and the call out to better off dead when he landed in the garbage truck.

you fucking sourpusses hate everything.

It was ok. It's biggest problem is that marvel movies have already basically become self-parodies, so except for the meta-jokes, it felt like I was just watching another avengers movie

Exact thoughts

Deadpool came in solid last place on Sup Forums's KotY 2015

>tfw the original script had the final Ajax fight being a Matrix-style shootout
>tfw they had to cut it because of budget
I weep for what could have been.

I'm glad it did well because next movie was basically confirmed to be Cable & Deadpool, and that's where Deadpool really shines as a character.

Other than one fleeting chimichanga reference, I was quite pleasantly surprised at how it nestled between the Kelly and Posehn/Duggan runs while sidestepping almost everything from the Way period.

Thank god, Waypool on the big screen literally would be Reddit And Old Memes: The Motion Picture.

I thought it was funny but the cursing was shoehorned in so badly I honestly thought they found a 13 year old to punch up the dialogue.

Ask me how I know that you are not older than 19.

At 58 million it was basically a no budget movie, it's surprising they were able to do as much as they could in terms of the effects department.

what?

Honestly considering the game had him swear a lot too, I think whatever equivalent of the CCA they have now is the only thing keeping Deadpool from swearing up a storm in the comics too.

Because you're 19 and you liked deadpool, but your older brother is older than you and he didn't like it?

Close but no cigar.

I was fucking terrified that it would be Waypool, so I'm glad we got what we got.

Some of the VFX were honestly fucking astonishing given how they were used for such minimal things. Sometimes even Ryan Reynold's face is CGI'd in.

There's an FX breakdown on the internet somewhere, worth a watch.

Yeah but the games cursing at least felt organic.

The cursing in the movie just came off really forced.

The opening credits sequence is still probably one of my favorite opening credit bits in any movie.

I thought the cursing felt kinda natural.

Like it fits the character.

Pretty much any shot where the eyes and mouth on Deadpool's mask are animated, they filmed Ryan twice - once with the mask on, and again with the mask on - then synced it up in post. A pretty impressive amount of work, all things considered.

There's so much comic relief in marvel movies now that deadpool didn't even feel like satire by comparison

There's one thing I don't get.

If they bother to mention Wolverine in the movie, why did they change from the comics that he got his powers from being injected with Wolverine's dna? It's not like it's hard to explain to moviegoers , just say

"We've gotten a hold of blood from the mutant known as Wolverine. So we're going to inject it in you and see if it causes you to mutate, hasn't worked for the rest of them though".

Heavens gates reference went over people's heads

When I read the leaked script I had sort of an expectation for how it should look, but this FAR surpassed what I was expecting
>Written by The Real Heroes Here
Fucking died laughing.

Yeah, the trend of endless kino the past few years has been so overwhelming. I'm glad there are still some brave souls who are willing to make capeshit for the common people.

>Some Douchbag's Film
>Starring God's Perfect Idiot, A Hot Chick, A British Villain, The Comic Relief, A Moody Teen, A CGI Character, A Gratuitous Cameo
>Produced by Asshats
>Directed by An Overpaid Tool

You can so easily fuck up a movie that's self-aware. The fact that they didn't is a miracle.

Colossus was the only good thing about the movie

The music and slow-mo really added to it, imo. I think it's just the slow reveal of how absolutely batshit things are through little details, combined with those credits, something about it all just fits.

I just mean the movie in general. If you're going to go 4th wall breaking, self-aware, then you are teetering on the precipice when it comes to it all going to hell. That shit can crash and burn harder than any other kind of movie, which is why the ones that pull it off stand out.

A lot of forced humour and 4th wall breaking but it surely was a comfy watch for me

They put a lot of work into making sure his mask was expressive enough that you always knew what face he was making under it.

Unlike Venom in SM3 where they wouldn't stop peeling back the symbiote.

It was great. Most comedies have the main character be the straightman having to put up with a world of weirdos, assholes and wisecrackers, but here the main character is the weirdo asshole wisecracker and every other character is the straightman having to put up with him, so there's never a slow moment and he ends up growing on you.

That's true. What I think helped the 4th-wall shit in this is that it felt organic, it was already sort of an established part of the character. You knew what kind of story you were getting when you walked in.

I attribute something similar to the 21 Jump Street movies success. They knew you weren't coming in there for a faithful adaptation of the original, so why not go full-tilt in the opposite direction?

This is a movie I had genuinely been exciting for, for a long time. I partially dreaded the fact that it was being made because I was afraid it would become Waypool. But like said, they hit the sweet spot between the other writers used and made a really fun movie out of it. I went in wanting to see Deadpool: The Movie and I got Deadpool: The Movie.

>I attribute something similar to the 21 Jump Street movies success.

That's not entirely the same. Deadpool wanted to be faithful to the character. 21 Jump Street was an intentional parody of soulless cash-in reboots, and 22 Jump Street was a parody of unnecesary cash-in sequels.

>21 Jump Street was an intentional parody of soulless cash-in reboots, and 22 Jump Street was a parody of unnecesary cash-in sequels.
Yeah, that makes sense. Still, I feel like there's similar principles at work.

honestly, hating deadpool is as much the Sup Forums cirklejerk as praising it 24/7 is the reddit cirklejerk

WHEN I SAY DEADPOOL YOU SAY MEMES

DEADPOOL

of course its funny its oldfag Sup Forums the movie

It had some really great moments

>all the dinosaurs fear the t-rex
>baby hand
>wondering if it's sexist to punch a girl then subsequently killing them
>captain deadpool
>the jabs about x-men and the movie's budget
>taxi driver following his advise
>forgetting his bag in the taxi

Few laughs, few sour jokes, lot of meh. I went in anticipating 'alright' and it delivered exactly that. I wouldn't watch it again, but I don't regret seeing it.

I really hope the studio takes up Ed Skrein's advice and makes Deadpool 2's villain Taskmaster.

OP here
I think referencing Reddit and having that be the only bad fall back is weak. What I really meant was that I expected the movie to be a disaster of a twisted comedy that was childish and "by the book funny", like
youtube.com/watch?v=b7erThUOOtU

thats what I went in expecting, something of this similar caliber. But for some reason, the movie came out actually being enjoyable. I didn't necessarily love it, but I have had the same conversation with a lot of people. Where we both agree that we ha set the bar for Deadpool way fucking low, expecting maybe one giggle at best. But instead, cam out having had a good time while watching it.

They really do compliment each other perfectly. Plus the fact that Deadpool having an unstable mind negates Taskmaster's ability to predict everything his opponent does.

I don't know what's more disgusting, the tumors or the fact that his flabby body would be gross even without them.

i expected to hate it but it was done well

6.5/10

I thought Teenage Warhead was surprisingly cute when she giggled at Deadpool.

Them pacing problems though.

Too many fucking flashbacks, I wanted more Deadpool doing Deadpool stuff

Overall it was really fun to watch though

torture scene made me feel pretty bad desu m8, i don't know why, usually doesn't feel this way, but it was pretty uncomfortable

You need to go back

It felt to me like they did that to make the movie seem more complex. Because otherise it's a fairly simple movie.

No. Seriously, maybe a chuckle now and then, but this movie isn't funny or interesting. Why is evryone pulling it's dick so hard?

>ITT: STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!
>MOM ARE MY TENDIES READYYYY???