People don't realize how much the movie butchered the original comic

>People don't realize how much the movie butchered the original comic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l4XHcZR0cjY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_comedy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Was a valiant effort though. Better than pretty much all following capeshit comic faggotry

It was for the better.

Being better than the source material isn't a sin. And yes, Jim Carrey's Mask was way better than the comic.

I didn't even know it was originally a comic. All I know is Cameron Diaz was at her peak in that film.

is the Mask the best capeshit movie ever?

>Still salty over this adaptation
REALLY?

What was the difference?

On the upside it brought my attention to comics that I would otherwise never have heard of.

The Mask of the comics is an amoral psychopath who thinks nothing of killing. Not the child friendly funny man from the movie.

REBOOT When? and what actress?

The comic is ultra violent, the Mask kills criminals and cops alike, it's a lot less playful and a hell of a lot more sinister, the part where he shoves the muffler up the crooked mechanics' butts? They die in the comic.

So other than the edginess/tone it's fairly faithful?

I don't recall. I only saw the film once.

stop sucking James's dick, they butchered it to sell toys to the kids wake up and smell the shit

No, that would be The Shadow

I don't know who James is.

No? There's no romantic subplot or anything, just the Mask going around killing people that get in his way with the cops trying to stop him and crooks doing similar, in the end of the first story Ipkiss gets shot by his lady friend who takes the Mask for herself.

Oh, okay. Sounds like it might be worth a read.

and yet he suck his dick so shamelessly

you dirty dirty whore

So?

Okay.

youtube.com/watch?v=l4XHcZR0cjY

So stop sucking Jim's dick

That's Jim.

and you're a cock

>Richardson always pushed in the direction of the Tex Avery concept which was eventually adopted, despite the efforts of several potential directors, including, initially, Chuck Russell, to make the move in the horror genre. Richardson also resisted early attempts to attach both Martin Short and Rick Moranis to the lead role.

Richardson created the character, so there.

Dicks aside, it's a legit question.

How long ago was this?

Being asspained then? Fine, your choice, enjoy your right to being upset.

Still being upset NOW that a film was made? And toys? And a cartoon?

WHO
FUCKING
CARES?

Still being upset now is fucking autistic. Get over it FFS

>le edgy 90's comic

That's probably a good thing 2bh.

You're penis obsessed, aren't you?

Stop sucking Jim's dick

Edgelords need movies too, user.

Stop sucking Jim's dick

Not as long as darkman exists.

>we will never have a lobo vs. big head meme movie

jdimsa

Sucking dick Jim's stop

Jim's Stop Dick Sucking

SSSSSSSMOOOOOOOKINNNN

Stop sucking Jim's dick

Stop being an autist over a decade+ old adaptation.

You want to cry about Tank Girl next?

Or Sly's Dredd?

Or how much Adam Motherfucking West butchered golden age Batman because he didn't Kill?

Get over it.

Stop sucking Jim's dick

I won't, it's fucking delicious.

Unlike your salty sand filled vagina.

Both of you stop sucking Jim's dick

Just imagine the faces Jim can pull during.

Yeah, and it was for the better. The mask went from a edgy jerk to a likeable anti-hero.

>Or how much Adam Motherfucking West butchered golden age Batman because he didn't Kill?

Adam West was Silver age Batman actually, and it seems that super captain kill Bat didn't last as long as most people think

>But I think there’s a misconception among a lot of readers that this was the original intent of the creators, and that the murderous, gun-toting Batman persisted until Dr. Wertham or the Comics Code or even the 1966 TV show arrived and forced a change that toned him down. But by going back and reading through those first couple years of Batman stories, it’s easy to see that this wasn’t the case at all. The fact of the matter is that this “original” version of Batman lasted about two years.

>By 1940’s Batman #4, in a story by co-creators Bill Finger and Bob Kane — which is about as definitive as you can get — Batman reminds Robin that “we never kill with weapons of any kind.”

My point was to get across a retarded "not muh Batman" argument that would have died decades ago.

Adam west was silver age batman desu senpai.

they're not all that impressive

stop pigeonholing the man's talent into his face

See I was making a point that if it were today Golden Age faggots would argue West is "not muh Batman"

How bout you start sucking Jim's dick

You're still imagining.

never

The movie ascended way past the comic anyway. I'm sure movie critics tear this movie apart now but I'm glad it exists.

Feminist The Mask remake when?
Who will play Ipkiss?

You're being a fag, but there was a female Mask wearer.

Was her first time acting.

Yes

No

would you a big head waifu?

i would

yes

I'd have to treat her right 24/7 so she wouldn't do shit like turning her vagina into a lawn mower during sex

Jim Carrey totally aced it. One of the best and distinctively 90's movies.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SON OF THE MASK

Whoa

I'm surprised they didn't do a sequel with Diaz as the main attraction.

Still could do a 2. Jim carrey isnt that old They can have walter kill him

I really wouldnt mind a female reboot of mask desu. Mite b cool

would you mind posting more screenshots of the violent parts?

It's easy to see why the changes were made, even 20 years ago you could never make something like this

My first fap.

what's the point?

what is the context?

who is the protagonist?

what conflict are they trying to resolve?

I don't know who would enjoy a comic about innocent people being murdered along with the police trying to help

nice, thank you mate

Except there was a female mask in the comics later on, but that's just the SJW propaganda machine working in the mid 90's retroactively. Ends in an epic battle with another guy that had the same strength but not he powers. immortality thing....

naw nigga, when she was in charlie's angels is when she peaked.

>People don't realize how much the movie butchered the original book

>I don't know who would enjoy a comic about innocent people being murdered along with the police trying to help
You know everything that happens in the comic isn't real, right?

So, the comics are just edgy bullshit? Good thing they butchered it

It's pretty much a horror movie, a different take on Jekyll and Hyde, the more Ipkiss uses the mask the more it corrupts and influences him when it's off, hell it happens to everybody.

and couldn't be made 20 years ago? Throw Raimi and Bruce Campbell at it with a decent budget and tell me different.

Pretty much, absolute power corrupting etc etc.

>no child gangbang scene

just make that reaction image already

owtheedge.jpg

Viggo was quite the dancer back in the day huh.

>muh original comic
yeah and it was edgy trash

just because it's the original doesn't mean it's somehow perfect or even good

The comic wasn't that serious, even the realistic, normal humans' heads turned cartoony when showing an expression of surprise.

>normal humans' heads turned cartoony when showing an expression of surprise.

Feels like both a stylistic choice and also being in close proximity to Big Head.

also you can't exactly ignore all that gore and murder.

>gore and murder means it must be serious
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_comedy

Like i said, you can't ignore it, it's hand in hand with the "humor".

Is this even an argument, doesn't feel like it..

>gore and murder makes a comic serious
it only makes it have gore and murder which in itself brings nothing to the story. If you remove the gore you see what kind of a shallow piece of shit the comic really is and how it relies on it. Which is fine I guess, think of it as a brainless action movie, but don't go pretending it's somehow really good or that it's a sin to make an adaptation that differs from it

>but don't go pretending it's somehow really good or that it's a sin to make an adaptation that differs from it

But I never said that

>Like i said, you can't ignore it,
Like I said, gore and murder doesn't make something serious. Did you not read my post at all? Is Dead Alive a serious movie because it's one of the goriest ever made?

Mask vs. Lobo adaption when?

Yeah true, you've got a point.

as long as they don't bring in fag lobo

i want a joker mask adaptation more