Live in quiet british town in the woods

>live in quiet british town in the woods
>someone gets brutally murdered every week

Other urls found in this thread:

midsomermurders.org/bodycount2.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=cyh8ezWl9DA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Brown_(2013_TV_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wooo wee woo wee woo woo woo

Is Midsomer Murders maximum comfy

>people get murderd every few days
>"nevermind that, let's all have a nice drink at the pub"

>it's a the vicar was after the diamonds hidden under the statue of Charles II that were brought from home from India by the incestuous lovechild of the current lord Murderton's grandfather episode

>"nevermind that, let's all have a nice drink at the pub"
We are a nation of alcoholics user, and that reaction is the most normal one to living in the Caracas of the English countryside.

That may be but c'mon, serial killer could be everywhere and they just sit there all like "bloody gud drink m8 no problems in this part ey"

His wife did it. Every time she joins a new club someone dies.

>watching Midsomer Murders with my folks on the Hallmark channel on a cold winters night

Comfy

>would you like a hot chocolate, user?

U WOT M8

It's very comfy. I never even really follow the plot, or try to figure it out, but lying down to a long episode of midsomer murders is an experience.

yes

best episode fellas? for me its the punch and judy one where the murderer calls up his victim in punch's voice

or the one where it was the vicar and he jumps off the roof at the end

>or the one where it was the vicar
At least a third of the plotlines right there, the CofE needs to monitor its clergy more.

I like the one with the kung fu grandma.

they send the troublesome ones to the quiet countryside

show went to shit since John Nettles retired, tbqh

no longer worth watching

Anyone remember the one where a guy is killed in front of his wife with a catapult that shoots wine bottles?

I think the other guy who took it over isn't too bad.

Do people also watch any other britdectives?
Like Lewis, George Gently?

the other guy isn't bad, but Nettles' charm was what made the show unique

now it's just another dull British cop series

That's true

Lewis was good. Not as great as Morse, but it definitely had its moments.
George Gentley is interesting for its 60s/70s atmosphere but otherwise not very remarkable, it's fun tho.

>someone gets brutally murdered every week
The average is 3.3~ a week

midsomermurders.org/bodycount2.htm

I've never really understood where the stories take place. It feels like it's supposed to be one town but the locations and characters vary a lot.

I'm ITV, can you start working on Monday?

Think Midsomer is a fictional county, so it's different towns.

If you haven't watched this with your parents while your dad states he knows who the murderer is after 10 minutes you don't know SHIT about television.

When I was very young I saw an episode where a man in a mask went around killing people with a needle, injecting unsuspecting sunbathers and it scared the shit out of me.

It went to shit a bit before that, desu. Also Troy was the GOAT sidekick.

It's supposed to be set in a single county(Midsomer county, hence the name), somewhere in rural England. Most of the villages in Midsomer county are called Midsomer Something, which why the names are always similar. The county town is Causton, where Barnaby lives and works - he's a member of the Causton CID. The Causton CID is responsible for murder investigations, which is why he's always called into murder investigations. There's no real clues as to the supposed locations of Midsomer county, other than that's its not immediately near a large city like Birmingham or London, and not close to the sea.

Is that similar to how real counties work? Town names incorporate the county name into them? And there's a central/capital town within the county? Cool if true

>Mum and Dad let you stay up late and watch Midsomer Murders and Taggart on a Saturday night

feels fuckin comfy desu

THARS BEEN A MURDDER

Nice momcore.

YES I KNOW THE CITY LIKE A LOVER
GOOD OR BAD IT'S HARD TO LOVE ANOTHER THAT I'VE FOUND
THIS IS NO MEAN TOWN
NO MEAN CITY

Dr. Pavel, I'm CID.

>It's a guy that got decapitated in a horror ride because he got a downy pissed episode

>it's a UFO and crop marks mystery episode
>turns out it's completely unrelated to the murder and was just a cover up
>episode ends on a mysterious scene where something supernatural occurs

fuck that made me mad

Apparently the name thing is based on the county of Somerset which does something like it:
>Many of the villages and small towns of the county have the word "Midsomer" in their name; this is inspired in part by the real county of Somerset
County towns as administrative centres in counties are a general thing. The way the police and the CID works in Midsomer Murders is plausible for a small and very rural county(which Midsomer appears to be), but for more urban places and larger counties there'll be different branches and a larger force.

fuck are you actually me

spooks too

Oh god, this always happens. You're just watching and he says he knows, five minutes later he asks everyone in the room who they bet the murderer is.
Every
Time

did they fuck?

>have a pint at the Winchester and wait for all of this to blow over

>It's a dad rants how they dangle the obvious choice in your face the whole time then introduce the murderer at the very end episode

p-please no yelling tonight daddy ;__;

My mom seems to watch them all.
She likes Morse and Endeavour a lot right now.

>live in any american town
>every day hundreds of people get shot

lol

>It's a dad rants about how it's obviously going to be the person that the show is trying to make you suspect and not suspect in a reverse psychology sort of way episode

The Last Detective
Death in Paradise

>you're under arrest, old chap
>oh jolly good work, you've nicked me. I may as well tell you my entire motive now.

>is always around when a murder takes place somehow

strangler's wood
the cricket one with the quarry

Is there a better british detective show?

I fucking love Death in Paradise
I was sad to see the first detective go but I love the new guy

New guy looks and kinda acts like David Cameron.

>It's a Barnaby is forced to play cricket episode

I heard the first one just died randomly, and next episode there was a new one there. Is that true?

It's also pretty redpilled:

>In March 2011, the series' producer, Brian True-May, was suspended by All3Media after telling the TV listings magazine Radio Times that the programme did not have any non-white characters, because the series was a "bastion of Englishness"

kek

I enjoyed A Touch of Frost a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=cyh8ezWl9DA

Basically, in the first episode of newer series, old Inspector is murdered, so a new inspector is sent to Saint Marie to investigate it

Does anybody else here never even attempt to guess the killer? I just sit back and enjoy the ride, it never even occurs to me to try to follow clues or anything.

I distinctly remember an interracial couple that owned a bookstore tho

the coloured one was probably brutally murdered with a star picket that episode, though

I only guess if it comes to me, otherwise I just sit back and enjoy watching. Death in Paradise is just so great to sit back, watch and enjoy, especially with the nice scenery.

ITV pretty much has a required age of 65 to watch.

That's not a bad thing.

Its mom/dadcore

Anyone else watched Jonathan Creek?

Yeah the tokens started showing up after he said that. Guarantee it's always a Sikh called Rajvinder or the most English black guy you'd ever see.

That's rather clever.

My Mum likes Father Brown it seems on the comfier side of crime solving dramas.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Brown_(2013_TV_series)

Is this good, or is it tainted with contemporary notions of things?

Father Brown is also a pretty nice show, yea

Whats the show that had Robson Greene as this detective in it? Is it Father Brown?

He got fired for that didn't he

Don't think I've ever seen an ethnic in it, and its based on books by Chesterton, though I've only seen a few episodes.

Google says that was Grantchester

Anyone know the episode where a little girl kills an old woman? I could be wrong but I think she stabbed her or something similar.

Makes me wanna shack up in a windmill with Alan Davies and have passionate sex with him through the cold winters to cure his depression
he would top obviously

>Is this good, or is it tainted with contemporary notions of things?
>Don't think I've ever seen an ethnic in it,

holy shit, elderly folks really do post on Sup Forums

His acting is horrible.

But would Stephen Fry and his husband be watching, or joining in?

Nope. I don't even like Britmurdercore but Foyle is GOAT. And Honeysuckle! Hngggh of course she had to get married to a manlrt libtard of course.

He's cute though

Nah Stephen Fry's a bit too saggy and I get the feeling he's a bottom as well. Can't have him stealing the spotlight

Some guy around where I live shot his wife and them himself the other day.

midsomer county

I really don't understand why people keep inviting her to their get-togethers. She just starts murderning people then pin it on someone else.

This was breddy gud as I recall.

I need to rewatch that, I remember it being great.

he's good in jonathan creek

Not really.

weeell that's your opinion, the show was well received

Foyles War

Its a county