I keep it 300, like Romans

>I keep it 300, like Romans

Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, OKAY. Seriously, what the FUCK did he mean by this? I mean, it's always been a pretty stupefying line, and every time I listened to the song I couldn't help but notice how jarring it was, but now that the dust has settled I think it's time we gathered and discussed it in depth. What the absolute fuck did he mean by it? Even if we assume what he MEANT to say was "I keep it 300, like the Spartans", the question still begs itself, what the fuck does it mean? What does it mean to "keep it 300"? It makes no fucking sense at all. Was he implying his sheer aggression rivals that of a few hundred Greek soldiers, or did he just want to off-handedly (and poorly) reference a 2006 Zack Snyder movie?

>listening to kanye

>watching Reddit Letter Media

>le over the top angry at something unimportant meme
xD see you on the front page!

i swear if one of you cunts brings up the "300 = CCC = Cool Calm Collected" shit

keep it 100 = keep it real
keep it 300 = keep it 3x as real
he was trying to go for the movie reference too, but he fucked it up

First answer I've seen that isn't pants on head retarded.

I guess you're that cunt

i doubt it was on purpose but it got people talking about it and that's all that matters

Basically this. It's obvious. The only reason he fucked it up is so he could rhyme it with the previous line

300 = CCC in Roman numbers = Cool, Calm, Collected

Kanye unironically thinks Sparta is Rome

i like that, but there is literally zero chance it what was originally intended. and i say that as a guy that believe kanye definitely has his smart moments.

Get a sense of humor.

you guys are fucking autistic. all he meant was he was keeping it real like the romans, you need to get on some aspie medication if you get hung up on this point for years

I don't know what he could have meant otherwise.

START A FIGHT CLUB *BRAD* REPUTATION

i think he just mixed up ancient greeks with ancient romans. i know (ostensibly) smart people with doctorates who still mix that shit up, so it doesn't seem especially far fetched to think yeezy would too.

Yeah, but what does "keeping it 300 like the Greeks" even mean? It simply doesn't make sense.

rap isn't about making sense it's about making money

shit the reach explanation is that he's referencing only pop culture like 300 and king kong to show how media warps our view of famous people but thats just a little too unlikely for me.

"Calm, Cool and Collected" = CCC = 300 in Roman numerals

The line
>like the theater Hitler was trapped in
from the live SNL performance adds further credence to this theory because Hitler wasn't trapped in a theater in real life, only Inglorious Basterds

fuck you

oh shit that backs it up a lot actually

there were 300 greeks in ancient greece. some people think there were 300 romans, but there were closer to 400 by most modern counts.

Because it is close enough and it fits the near-rhyme well enough. Also fits the theme of the song, basically he is ready to go wild at any time.

/threat

BUM[

"Trapped in a theater like Hitler"... as you may already know, in real life, Hitler was never actually trapped in a theater. He died in a bunker. Kanye is referencing the movie "Inglorious Bastards". Kanye isn't referencing real life, he's referencing the media's version of real life.

Another line goes like "300 like the Romans..." Now, he's referencing another movie loosely based on real life, "300". In real life, the forces of the 300 didn't belong to the Romans, it belonged to Greece. He's deliberately mistaking reality for his own version of it.

Kanye deliberately referenced two historical events, that had famous movies based on them, and referenced the media's version of these real events, as opposed to what actually happened. By doing so, Kanye is making an extended metaphor on how real life can be altered by the media, a concept which correlates to his own life (how the media perceives him as an ****, etc).

By doing so, Kanye is making his own version of REALITY with this song. These themes may be extended within the album. Since he calls himself a God in "I Am God", the album might be about his own shaping of reality. His version of the world, since he is a god. During "Black Skinhead", since he is God, he can alter reality and perceive it the way he wants to.

All the movie references actually have a bigger meaning. He's talking about how the media (ie movies) can alter the perception of things. The King Kong line is a reference to how the media perceives his relationship with Kim. They portray him as the giant ape, trying to kidnap the white woman.

random garbage honestly
>NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL

He could mean that he is batting .300, which is a very good average

"300 = CCC = Cool Calm Collected"

realistically though i think Yeezus functions as a protest of music and this line is just a fuck you meant to piss off nu-males

>im doin 500 and im out of control now
>come on homie whats happenin
>you niggas aint breathing, you gaspin
>>I keep it 300 like the romans

- Black Skinhead

>You call this speeding
>Turn the door off, we're leaving
>Meet you in our next fetus
>>Romulus and Remus

- Black Quarterback

wait wait hol' up, kim's like half armenian =/= white

i came into this thread just to shitpost it famalam

the only thing that stopped me was the fact that someone else beat me to it

>>im doin 500 and im out of control now
Yeezy has at least two lines similar to that on all of his albums though.

>being this contrarian

yeah.

bump

Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, OKAY. Seriously, what the FUCK did he mean by this? I mean, it's always been a pretty stupefying line, and every time I listened to the song I couldn't help but notice how jarring it was, but now that the dust has settled I think it's time we gathered and discussed it in depth. What the absolute fuck did he mean by it? Even if we assume what he MEANT to say was "I keep it 300, like the Spartans", the question still begs itself, what the fuck does it mean? What does it mean to "keep it 300"? It makes no fucking sense at all. Was he implying his sheer aggression rivals that of a few hundred Greek soldiers, or did he just want to off-handedly (and poorly) reference a 2006 Zack Snyder movie?

>not listening to kanye

>Now if I fuck this model
It means nothing, it's just abstract lyricism

test

makes perfect sense

>no fun allowed