Why are actors "eccentric" ? it can't be the money because silicon valley guys aren't crazy so what is it with them?

why are actors "eccentric" ? it can't be the money because silicon valley guys aren't crazy so what is it with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ucTJ7Jqwsqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because they're artistic

>silicon valley guys aren't crazy
Oh wow

they are surrounded by "yes" sayers, they get everything they want and nobody dares to disagree with them

1. Money
2. Yes-Men
3. Public Attention

The worst combination for anyone.

>eccentric
exactly, having millions of dollars and being recognized in the street, interviewed and stuff is far from the experience of the majority of people.
nothing else to expect.

It's nothing new, even in Shakespeares day actors were considered weirdos

I would wear a cape if I could. Also I would buy every luxury watch I like and wear several at once.

takes a special kind of person to go into theater and such i guess

Every thing that they have is a result of pretending to be what others want them to be, its bound to make a person a little weird.

The act of vying for attention makes people go a little crazy, which isn't noticeable since the actor feels that being one's self is normal. It technically is what normality means, but when large eccentricity comes into play then definitions have no real bearing - they're still a bit crazy.

Attention-mongering also comes with a trait most people seem to deem "bad": Lying. Actors are often amazing liars. It's not a craft the actor takes lightly so much as it is fun or necessary. Being a spectacular liar is, in essence, the same thing as being a spectacular actor/actress.

Jennifer Lopez is just a defensive bitch, as an example. JLo's poor lying abilities come through in her "acting." She's herself pretending on the defense. Jeff Goldblum isn't a good liar, but people will take him at his word because he's charming, and his poor acting abilities are shirked off because of his astounding charm. The best actors are all the best liars, and chances are they did it growing up for attention or to stay out of trouble. It's an artist-molding pain that honestly isn't talked about enough.

Oh, and we're pretty decent shitposters, too.

This. They also get admired by millions of people all the time so their ego is through the roof.

they have to have character

They get paid to never grow up, play make believe and dress up. They can't remember who the real person they are is because they've pretended to be so many people. They are all f'd in the head.

>not a human

Very true , it's a divine being

this

Drugs

Everyone is eccentric. Most people make a game of hiding it to fit in. e.g. 'normies'

mummie

Because they're delusional. Seriously, the type of person that seriously thinks they are going to make money as an actor is straight up delusional. The ones that miraculously succeed in this mother of all over-saturated cut throat businesses are still a part of formerly mentioned group and thus by definition delusional.

Shut up dano ya fucking cock sucker

Do you think actors actually realise their situation like getting hit by a middle age crisis ?

Are you autistic or just live under a rock?
Artists tend to be legit mentally ill. So many borderlines and bipolars it isn't even funny.

who are you talking to ?

That's why instead of blindly moving to LA and ending up homeless, I'm going to build up a resume here in Miami and then move once I get decent recognition here, and still request a transfer in my real job so I can continue making decent money. If my acting career takes off and ends up making more money than my other job, then I'll switch to full-time acting.

R8 my plan.

>not moving to LA
smart
> real job so I can continue making decent money
smart
>If my acting career takes off
if you mean you get some parts here and there as a hobby, go for it
> If my acting career takes off and ends up making more money than my other job
NEVER (and I can stress this enough so I'll repeat it) N-E-V-E-R going to happen

Only correct answer in the entire thread

I know that the odds are stacked against me, but I am almost attractive because I'm 6'1" with blond hair and blue eyes. I just need to get rid of my acne. Honestly what I'm saying is in the unlikely event I get a big break, I'm going to take it.

>Silicon Valley guys aren't crazy

Wew lad

The OP.
How could somebody seriously ask that question? I'm an artist, and most of my friends have always been artist, and not a single one out of the ones who will actually amount to anything is emotionally stable.

You guys didn't have a theatre department in high school? Take any one of those kids who was really into it and give them millions of dollars and fans, I think what happens after shouldn't be a surprise to anyone

>Honestly what I'm saying is in the unlikely event I get a big break, I'm going to take it.
I guess it's alright then.

PS: I'm tall with blond hair and blue eyes too. That honestly doesn't mean shit.

>6'1" with blond hair and blue eyes

You wouldn't stand out at all for any casting director, get into directing where the real money is.

I was actually going to start a YouTube channel with my friends, and we were going to contribute by making scripts and directing different videos and acting in others. I feel like if I show off my acting and directing on YouTube that's another thing I can put on my resume, right?

Our theater department and art courses were full of talentless histrionics. It was fun seeing their face when an actually talented person (who didn't go around bragging about it) joined for one play or drew a picture, played an instrument etc.

i think it's the only way to cope with everything

youtube.com/watch?v=ucTJ7Jqwsqo

I was in drama class, and my teacher wanted me to be more dramatic. I'm conflicted because I decided to seem more "real" in my acting since my drama teacher from middle school told me my acting was too dramatic. Wat do? I'm trying to find the perfect medium.

Why are screenwriters always short, pale, slouching men who are invisible at social functions and averse to eye contact, and who the hottest actresses ignore in public but secretly wet their panties over?

No. The field is so saturated the only chace you have at a major role if you don't look like an angel is getting a part in a good play or sleping with someone and act in a shitty movie and hope everything goes alright, or being at the right place at the right time for the right role with the right director and hoping everything goes alright.

That or throw money around.

>Start off rich
>Start acting for fun
>Stay normal

Is this the only way to make it work?

>silicon valley guys aren't crazy

When you have riches, power and/or fame, you don't give a shit about the plebians. Kings and Queens through history were eccentric too, only people with something to lose have to bother about being considered "weird". It sucks to say but rich people are leagues beyond even the most succesful normalfags.

I don't know. I've always been told I've got talent and I just imagine myself being in the situation/role. There is SOME affectation going on, but I naturally sort of affect movements, gestures, have an expressive face or what have you. Acting just seems like I can be myself without pretending to be "normal". I've always felt like I live in a movie, or rather felt comfortable when imagining that what I do at the moment has significance or maybe just seeing the significance of it. Maybe that's what drama coaches mean when they go on about the "idea" of a movement etc. Of course I primarily live and act instinctively, without second guessing, but only when I'm by myself. When outside or generally around other people (who aren't my best friends) I sort of slip into a performance of myself, but none that would be recognized as such. It's difficult to describe. It's like life is either super relaxed or a stage. On which I mostly play the role of a charming normie, but I naturally walk gracefully and sort of perform idealized movements.

>Peter Thiel
>Crazy

He has a ranking of 2200, get fucked.

Anyone who would ever play 4 games of chess against himself simultaneously is obviously autistic. He's still based tho' because he bankrupted Gawker.

He's not playing against himself, nigger. He's just posing.

still autistic.

See I was thinking of getting roles with netoworking as well. Hell, I'd even supply producers with darknet drugs at no cost if they put me in a nice role.

Sounds like you wanted to be an actor user.

See I feel the same way but both drama teachers had opposite criticisms. I started feeling like this after middle school when I stopped acting overdramatically. I think part of the problem is that it's a play and you have to act like that so the people in the back can understand your emotions, but I like movies more where I can act with more subtlety.

It takes a borderline insane narcissist to even want to be famous.

This

You mean you don't want all the women and money that comes with being famous, as well as all the career opportunities that throw themselves at you because they want to be associated with your fame? You don't want to be considered by many as better than the average person? I mean many of those people are shallow anyway but it's got to feel good, doesn't it?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Don't touch muh waifus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Aye wuill toech ur'a wuaifus all dey evorey dey, Ah-non, hon hon hon hon hon

See, I'm acting on Sup Forums

Who is this fuckin faggot

I want to see his face

Todd Haynes , director of Carol

Pic is Cate Blanchett's husband , my god that fucking suit

Discount Bill Murray

>that hair

Wew

Lad

Actors have something sheltered Silicon Valley faggots don't: a soul.

Which one is the new Kate?

>implying it's not Soph

actors are considered eccentric by sycophants

to them we are just creepy and or weird

Sersh all the way, I made a lot of mean remarks when she got fat but she's actually a tough cookie

MUH BITCHES

nice hair baldie

Yes.

Bro blond hair and blue eyes does not cut it now brown hair and blue or green eyes you got something.

T. A casting director looking for a new star

Even if I'm not the star I can still play some relevant character, right? Hell, I wouldn't mind cashing innon the SJW BS and playing a villian.

I would be good with 5 million. How hard is it to make 5 million in Hollywood? before i'm 50 pref

You'd probably have to spend at least 1/5 of that for a decent Hollywood house.

>1/5
Every shithole city is getting inflated prices nowadays. You probably have to spend 3/5 of that for a decent House

How's this:
>live outside of Hollywood
>when filming movies, live in the trailer
>spend most of your time off in a cheaper neighborhood with a huge actor salary
The only tough part about this plan I can think of is becoming a highly-paid actor.

How is Cate Blanchet "eccentric"? LOL.

They are not. It's just a cliché that makes little sense.

tilda swinton is eccentric

You're cherry picking

sell your ass for 30$

DUDE MOMMYFU

the Olson twins are eccentric too
verdict is still out on Kate

oh shit im

As many drugs as they could ever fucking want. And the best part is they can get away with it