What if Jodorowsky's Dune would have succeeded?

What if Jodorowsky's Dune would have succeeded?

Other urls found in this thread:

lostmediawiki.com/Dune_(Alejandro_Jodorowsky/Moebius_Screenplay_and_Storyboards;_Frank_Herbert_Screenplay;_Ridley_Scott_Drafts)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you know that all Jodo's movies have been failures, right?

We would had not got the Saga of the Metabarons nor the Incal universe.

To you.

Aliens never would have been made, probably.

jesus, this again.

if he wants to "rape something with love", he's got his own comic SF setting. it's called the Jodoverse. he can rape that.

he's clearly nuts but that docu was very entertaining.

His "Everything is poetry" meme is exhausting.

It would have been pretentious crap with little to no connection to the original work.

i'm not by far a jodo fan
but i'm impressed by the level in the answers here
if one want to talk about movies
one must know about jodo's opuses
Sup Forums is not totally garbage tier finally

it would have almost no connection to the novels and should be seen as something else.
it would be extremely interesting and it really is too bad it never got made.

fat drunk orson welles + jodorowsky's directing and set making + mick jagger + salvador dali + pink floyd soundtrack sounds at the very least interesting to me

too bad that forgetting Moebius, Giger and Foss classes you has a masterpleb

It would be pretty much the most expensive movie ever made, with an astronomical amount of production disasters. But from an artistic point of view, it would change cinema as we know it

You'd get a bunch of sci-fi nerds complaining how it's not like a book

... but it would not have been a pb because Herb's Dune is dull

It would've been fucking lame, like Jesus Christ Superstar or that shitty Jesus Christ Superstar knockoff that Canon Films released (The Leaf? or something). And thankfully all the real talent that was "involved" in this pile went on to work on Alien anyway.

>no alien

Im glad it failed.

In all likleyhood it would have bombed and become a cult classic.
Like Liquid Sky crossed with Heaven's Gate.
A film school right of passage
>Dude, you HAVE to see Jodorowsky's Dune

Hipster culture would be different for ever, as people would post-ironically appropriate the costumes.
There would be endless Indie and Prog albums with lyrical and title references to it. Not to mention the repartee between music fans:
>Nah man, like the Superfly soundtrack Pink Floyd's soundtrack is actually the saving grace of the film.

Now imagine that it was popular! Imagine it turned even a tidy profit. For years there would be discussions about the sequel. A cult would emerge around Jodorowsky as their prophet.
Festivals of people dropping acid to watch the film in unision.

The film would get banned in certain countries like A Clockwork Orange.
It would be a force. Hollywood would have spent half the 80's releasing huge budget pseudo-spiritual sci-fis which would have all bombed.
NOTHING IN POP CULTURE WOULD BE THE SAME!!

It would be hailed as a masterpiece
lostmediawiki.com/Dune_(Alejandro_Jodorowsky/Moebius_Screenplay_and_Storyboards;_Frank_Herbert_Screenplay;_Ridley_Scott_Drafts)

This documentary pretends like his movie was something that was going to happen, but all he had was a fucking storyboard. He somehow convinced himself this movie was coming, so he put in all this effort on this elaborate storyboard, when all he was doing was wasting his time.

Also, Refn is autistic as fuck. Every time I see him on camera I cringe.

Based Lynch

The sets, props and costumes in Lynch's Dune are 10/10

totally missing the point
not even understanding how making films works

Metabarons were in the incal universe.

What makes me sad is that the incal movie was abandoned in early production by heavy metal.

Based moebius

>all he had was a fucking storyboard.
No. He had a team full of people who went on to do exactly what they were planning on doing for dune and each of those projects ended up being iconic as fuck.

Their later work is a retroactive proof of concept that the Jodorowskys dune was feasible (in theory).