HUMBLE

Thoughts?

Still confused about
>flaming noose-head people
>why the fascination with stretch marks, which are objectively unattractive - > bastardized version of crooked smile, also a lame-ass concept?

The track itself was pretty boring and I was a bit disappointed. At the very least, it doesn't feel like a Kendrick song. I hope it makes more context in the album (just like i and Backstreet Freestyle) but I'm not holding my breath.

>why the fascination with stretch marks, which are objectively unattractive
Kendrick has always tried rapping about female beauty standards. See: No Makeup (probably his worst song ever). It's never gone well but eh, at least his heart is in the right place, I guess

>why the fascination with stretch marks, which are objectively unattractive

It got its point across.

>fascination with stretch marks
In the context of the video, I thought the photoshop verse was a shot at Migos. The post-Photoshop model in Kendrick's video looked a lot like one of the models in Migos' 'Bad and Boujee' vid, and I think there were some references to Offset in Kendrick's single/vid.

Its a reference to every touched up girl in every rap music video, the whole song is about how kendrick keeps it on "street level" and is humble to his roots.

Song is definetly pretty good to listen to in the background, curious to see if he can make it into something more in the context of an album.

Hopefully kdot goes ham and starts beef with every active rapper. He'll put the political culture shit behind and try to piss some folks off
>If Kendrick died tm imagine the storm

>numales are trying to dissect and interpret a trap song

Why can't you admit that Kendricks lyrically on the same level as 21 Savage.

I might have agreed, had the vocal preformance been generic, but this high pitched vocal inflection he does really says the track along with his flow of course.

Overall it's an easy 3 minute listen, easy for replays too and the video is steller.

I'm just wondering about how it will work in the album, the album dropping in just two days, without a single official tracklist, or album cover.

>Kendrick
>trap

Why are you even here?

I fucking hate it
It's literally the same piano key in a simple rhythm on repeat and a shitty beat. His flow is generic and the music video is overhyped except the pic
I like Kendrick but this is shit and people only like it because Kendrick

>Humble

Please tell me how it's any different from the rest of these mumble trap rappers.

>>If Kendrick died tm imagine the storm
hed be top 5 dead or alive no questions asked

primarily because its not a trap song, just because its minor chord and minimal doesnt make it trap you genius. second because he isn't muble rapping, theres no vocal effect and hes rapping perfectly clear...

>he's never listened to any hip hop before 2010

Concept is pretty good imo, presenting himself as a God while imitating the shit pop hip hop artists, then telling them to sit the fuck down for what Kendrick is about to drop. I like it for banger purposes and that's about it.

>As I type this a Swimming Pools bandwagoner is playing Humble, which means it's working as a mainstream song as its intended

He's a hypocrite.

I think the flaming rope people is mostly just fun imagery. He's contrasted in all white, face exposed while those in the background are obscured. My best guess is that he's conveying the ignored people around him who "catch heat" (police, the daily struggle) while he's lauded for "catching heat" in the rap game, thus the crowd elevated above the elements. At the same time, everyone, regardless of their position, vibes with his vision.

I've listened to DMX, Nas, Kanye, RTJ, OutKast, etc.
Don't tell me I don't know what's good and what's shit. Humble is shitty. I don't care if it's making fun of whoever the fuck, the point stands it's bad

The flaming heads are meant to invoke Ghost Rider. Kendrick is surrounded by ghost riders (ghost writers)

Woah...

thats only your opinion. Most disagree

Kendrick Lamar is the K Mart of the rap world

rly makes u think....