How would your dad react to the music you listen to?

How would your dad react to the music you listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_PN2knPbBEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

'Out of every way of dissapointing a father, I never expected to find out my son listens to chinese boybands'

>Son, I know you're very confused right now
>Some people are just born a little off, you know?
>But you don't have to go through this alone
>I've scheduled some therapy appointments
>I just want you to know that I'm not mad
>If this is anyone's fault, it's mine

>heard my dad listening to one of my favorite doom metal records the other day
no reaction

I was playing Blonde once while driving him to the doctor and he actually enjoyed it

>tfw patrish dad listens to similar shit I do

>"Haha ambient drone? What like robots at the beach haha"

>driving him to the doctor
that's very nice of you, user :)

> "Car Seat Headrest? What type of name is that?" - Dad
> *Poor You by Daniel Johnston playing over speaker*
> "What the hell is that? Put on some Bon Jovi" - Mum

my dad enjoys car seat headrest and merzbow, so pretty good

Yup. The last time my dad tried to relate to my music he gifted me the Aerosmith discog.

He's into 70s prog rock shit and bluegrass, so he wouldn't be completely disappointed. Doesn't have any tolerance for harsh vocals though, so most metal's off the table, which is a shame.

Your dad sounds like a real piece of shit for giving you AIDS

that's not even music though

that boy ain't right

He sure as fuck isn't getting a ride to any hospitals for that cancer.

My dad listens to only dadrock. Except for 50 Cent. Dunno why he's an exception but whatever, any way, he'd call my taste shit and then proceed to listen to Guns n Roses for the 300th times this year

My dad only commented on my music once, but I was listening to Striborg.

he dislikes shoegaze but digs beach house and prog. gave no opinion on krautrock

My dad didn't like NIN, played him latest EP, NTAE, he found it too depressing. Tried to play him Hesitation Marks, he found it too depressing as well. Didn't try to show him anything else yet

He likes Megadeath, which I don't much,really. Not my thing.

>THAT BOY NEEDS THERAPY

>Psychosomatic

My dad's been pretty accepting of most things. He got weirded out when I played stuff like Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, which I guess is acceptable bc I'm white.

He listens to almost exclusively jazz, but dabbles in disco and Yugo Punk/Yugo Rock

I host a radio show at my college where I play noise/Industrial and my dad decided to tune in one week. He said it made him want to drill a hole in his skull.

He wouldn't because he's dead

>implying we don't listen to the same stuff

Considering my dad has actually experienced what many would call "dad rock" at a professional level (he was a drummer for an AC/DC tribute band that opened for plenty of well-known bands), he probably wouldn't take all too well. I do listen to some music he respects though.

His taste is mainly just limited by his rejection of anything overtly experimental or electronic.

>Yugo Punk/Rock
moj brat

my dad took a big interest in the music i liked in high school. he let me put CDs in his car for him to listen to and asked me to make mix CDs for him. His favorites were Bright Eyes, Japandroids and The Fall of Troy.
other than that hes a typical dadrocker and a little bit into prog. his top 5 are the who, beach boys, floyd, yes and king crimson

batooooo, sta slusas?

My dad's fav band is talk talk so he would enjoy what i'm listening to mostly

"so you listen to nigger music"
probably something like that

RIP your dad

>tell him about Death Grips
>play Beware
>he likes it
>show him some more DG stuff
>likens Burnett's delivery to slam poetry
Neato.

I wish I could remember what my Dad sounds like, let alone him deal with him judging my music.

youtu.be/_PN2knPbBEI

this is my first exposure to Death Grips.

Yeah my Dad particularly likes their latest album, I think they've got a pretty hard-to-dislike catchyness on their newer shit.

I pretty much inherited my dad's taste except I like stuff post-1985 while he's pretty firmly stuck back there aside from The Drones. Shit like Violent Femmes and Talking Heads.

i feel ya brah

im going to go see midnight oil with my dad in a couple months
feelsgoodmane

>"What the fuck is this shit?" even if it's a band he also listens to

You like rock?

>Dad skipped his first born's first birthday to go see Nine Inch Nail's on the Pretty Hate Machine Tour 1990

Nobody likes classical

My dad listens to stereotypical dadrock but claims authority on what's good music and what is shit because he once played in a band. He responds to most stuff with "take it this way, if this band was playing (live) in a pub I'd leave"

thats actually hilarious

The archetypal dad

my dad is big into deep purple and black sabbath, he'd probably just be kinda annoyed if i showed him the black metal i listen to

I was into emo and screamo as a teen and he went with it and liked most of what I listened to. It was cool and then as I got older I just started listening to everything he liked and now we have better taste in music because of each other. Love you dad.