Trance
Breaks
Drone
Noise
Industrial
EBM
Synthpop

Which one is more punchable?

Burial is dance music just like Joel and Daft Pleb and played in UK clubs, whats the problem?

Art music
>Musique concrete
>EAI / Onkyo
>Turntable / tape music

Rock
>Electronic rock crossover

Both/crossover
>Ambient
>Drone
>Noise
>Industrial
>EBM
>Synthpop

EDM
>Hip hop
>Dub
>Downtempo / Chillout
>Chillwave / Vaporwave / Internet genres
>Techno
>House
>UK Garage
>Trance
>Breaks

Literally what the fuck are you talking about

Burial was played in obscure dubstep basements for maybe a year and now occassionally by Flying Lotus at his live shows, that's fucking it.

It's not danceable. If you group Burial in with those hacks you should honestly fucking kill yourself immediately

>not danceable
Pleb detected

>It's not danceable.

lol dude

youtube.com/watch?v=lGkiUULeDrM
youtube.com/watch?v=sYOkaOU1T0U
youtube.com/watch?v=sCzJQRVbWtE

No, America only really knows about EDM

If you lived here you would know until like 2010, when dubstep happened, most people in America had a view of electronic music as some gay techno shit that French fags listened to while humping each other. Even with the dawn of EDM no other types of electronic music have gotten very big. And, chances are if someone actually knows about IDM they also know about European things like garage and jungle

wew pardners

God i wish those fags will die.

Every fucking song sounds the same

Each time i hear songs from them i get a ptsd

The UK isn't very large, it shouldn't be considered representative of mainstream club trends. It's like the size of Oregon and has what, 60 million people? It's basically an underground scene compared to the USA, what a joke

>country size is relevant

brb, buying Adidas tracksuit and listening to awful d&b

Why are they so obsessed with Adidas?

90's psytrance is patrician

both of them are shitty umbrella terms so if you really want they can apply to anything
but that's retarded because they describe absolutely nothing about the music

A lot of people equate 'electronic music' in their heads to whatever retarded monstrosity EDM is. Dunno if it's just Americans, I'm Irish and they love that bullshit here too. Very few people I'm around would know what IDM even means

Mumblerap

One on the right has more nu-malesque features (glasses, hair, facial expression)

Same reason the rest of the world is obsessed with Nike, culture dictates

>nu-male

Where did this dumb buzzword come from?

>obscure dubstep basements

this. They've contributed nothing to EDM scene.

Of course not because that is exclusively American EDC/Ultra shit, England doesn't produce EDM at all.

is it all IDM?

No, theres techno, house, breaks, trance, garage and downtempo music then lots of subgenres.

EDM is only music played/produced by DJs who perform at Ultra and/or Electric Daisy Carnival or shitty festivals in the Netherlands.

lmao youre either really fucking retarded or completely new

That's all EDM stupid

No, they aren't you silly pardner.

The guy on the right looks like a cartoon duck with no beak. Both their mouths are really close to their noses actually, are they related?

Don't you fuckers get it?

The entire genre of electronica is commercial, all electronica is EDM, as it's objectively inferior/cheaper music. It's our degenerate plebeian Sup Forums that has tried to make us believe EDM is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be "narrow-minded", a "rockist" who listens exclusively to "twings and twangs" and there's probably some racial element to it too. EDM music has no staying power. All of EDM is just a neo-disco sub-genre of top-40 pop, with a "mechanical" paint job. This music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad. That's why EDM producers are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold are actually considered when talking about them. EDM is just a really cheap/lazy form of music anyways. The majority of EDM beats are just stealing (MUHH "SAMPLING") another artist's music, looping it over a generic drumbeat while someone throws preset synths over it. The "technical aspects" of EDM are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves mixing with ease and speed, dropping polyrhythms like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the image of a "EDM fan", no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from backpacker shit like Basic Channel and Deepchord to the "golden days" of Derrick May and Frankie Knuckles to revival stuff like Mall Grab and Delroy Edwards to the 90s with 4hero and Omi Trio to the CLT approved Mouse on Mars and Autechre to today like DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn. All electronica is EDM. All of it. Stop spamming it. Either keep it contained into one threads or request a containment board. I'm sick of coming on Sup Forums and seeing a million DJ Rashad threads (none of which are about music btw).

>The general public who don't have a strong interest in music don't understand electronic music very well
Shocking revelation OP, you really showed me.

The same is applicable for 90% of this board too

What do you think of him?

Burn the fucking chainsmokers. Steve Aoki made the biggest mistake to put out a song like #Selfie into existence. These fuckers have more success then anyone who actually puts more EFFORT in their music. Posij, bad company (DnB), DC breaks, prolix, noisia, mefjus, and ivy lab are miles ahead yet get little to no recognition

Anythings danceable if there's a beat. You know why excision grew? Because he breaks people's necks from how stupid they act. It's a way of getting rid of idiots.

They act like head banging is good yet some of these guys are leaving with sore or even broken necks

recs?

Sup Forums

You don't fucking dance to downtempo faglord.

Truth to these words

psy and goa completely bang, but there is allot of shit in these genres as well.

ahhh

whats goa?

They barely even make dance music anymore, Paris and The One are just pop songs with a dance music back-drop. It's not the worst pop music out there, it's fairly tasteful, if bland and derivative.

Everyone is too focused on the butt electronic music called EDM to realize america invented vapor wave, witch house, seapunk and have been making the freshest electronic music while the bleep lads are all >muh jungle

>noise

Same could be said of literally any genre.

Fuck....I hate ravers

How the fuck do you not dance to Raver?

>vapor wave, witch house, seapunk

Which are objectively awful.

Listening to headphones and Imagining yourself dancing under a bridge in a futuristic distopia is not the same as jacking the speakerbox in a real life current day club

You can say that for any album

Found the butthurt dnbfag

/s

desu I agree with you Posij, Noisia, and Mefjus are legit af

Absolute fucking truth.

Man With No Name
Astral Projection
Hallucinogen
Transwave

also the legit trippy album covers

I'm not butt hurt, but it ashames me that music that is clearly much more talented and developed isn't played on the radio here. Just the chainsmokers and Zedd, who are Shit.

But I find it funny how these idiots thing that drum and bass is "too repetitive" yet they'll listen to closer 15 times in a row and say it's "Amazing!"

>Edm only played in those places
>Implying it isn't always on the radio in some way

I hate it, but it's insane how it all stemmed from daft punk at coachella.

Burial is IDM

No I agree with you idk if you saw the
>/s
part.

Some parts of DnB may be repetitive but it's got a multitude of pretty awesome sub-genres and artists that want to push the sound to new levels and creativity. Being like DJ Fresh and criticizing the scene and how it's not creative doesn't help. Artists like Noisia and Mefjus continue to make new and different stuff. Hell even some Hospital artists are starting to make newer stuff and styles.

No, Burial is garage.

Agreed. I'm glad that bad company is back, and maybe pendulum, but the genre is evolving well. Urbandawn, signs, machinecode, hybris, mefjus, and Billain prove to amaze, and those outer edges remixes are going to be incredible.

If anything, techstep needs to return. Stuff like ram trilogy, 1998 ed rush and optical, and bad company's original stuff

Then listen to moody good

Don't you have any sort of dance music radio in America like England have had since the late 80s pirate radio stations of Radio Caroline and Kiss.fm?

Sirius XM 54

It's basically the ebin house music that is still mainstream of sorts, and it's decent

see

youtube.com/watch?v=2TDdN_ARBAI

It's basically future bass, and it's a terrible genre that came from monstercat. If monstercat never released alone, it would be amazing. It's the worst song on that label.

>Burial is garage.
youtube.com/watch?v=YcBj9fcFqHQ

This ain't garage

yea, it is

This is garage

youtu.be/kJYaMERaNV8

Explain you dumb pardner. How does that sound anything like garage at all? Just because Burial made it doesn't mean its automatically garage. His sound isn't representative of the genre as a whole.

youtube.com/watch?v=44Bg4BndAbw

this even more so

This isn't garage
It's too pop sounding

youtube.com/watch?v=WvjG13Q3kSg

There's a few brilliant artists that defy classification. Case in point.

I saw this teaser this morning and about peed myself. I'm secretly happy the pretentious electronic music crowd hasn't picked up on it yet.

Original is better. But this is pretty good. Moody good is one of the best producers so few talk about.

this is the trademark garage sound

this is not garage at all

>There's a few brilliant artists that defy classification

90% of bleeps & bloops aren't ''EDM'' or ''IDM'', they're dumb classifications that mean absolutely squat like ''electronic music''.

This right here.

I was going to lots of underground raves in Chicago around that time and it was amazing to watch everything change. I wasn't really into the music, moreso there for the party. But anyway before dubstep broke out and Skrillex became mainstream, it was tons of art school kids and other burnouts at these raves and the crowd was almost all regulars where the parties get going around 3am. Most of the people there really knew the DJs and the music.

Then all of a sudden all the music festivals like Bonnaroo had DJs headlining instead of jam bands and Rothbury music fest in MI became Electric Forest or some shit. Underground raves became a mix of the old crown and the normies who show up at 11pm and go home at 2am by the time the old crowd is showing up. Got more dubstep over the speakers and less house and the reggae type stuff was really coming around right about the time I stopped going to the raves (2012 or 2013?).

I'm American and not huge into techno or whatever and I still kinda refer to all of it as EDM.

I blame skrillex for messing up dubstep, but I guess it has to be zomboy. Terror squad ruined originality in dubstep for good.

is this garage?
youtube.com/watch?v=b4eMyOzD9UI

youtube.com/watch?v=cwfWSX0FYlI

WAKE THE FUCK UP WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

Good old rusko. He's good to be honest. Miss when there were wubs in dubstep

youtube.com/watch?v=D6pTSGvp7T8

still best dubstep

>2-step mix

What about
Chicago
Detroit
Baltimore
New Jersey?

so what?

2-step isn't garage

Disco is danceable music
Chicago House is danceable music
Detroit Techno is danceable music
Berlin Techno and the variants of electronic music inspired by it IS NOT DANCEABLE MUSIC

Burial is literally head bob music inspired by danceable music

All music is danceable and head bobbable

>Burial is literally head bob music inspired by danceable music
Its fucking Croydon sink estate chav music

>All music is head bobbable
fify

head bobbing is technically dancing

This. It's more like its own genre. Think jungle but much slower and without the drums

>no calvin harris/afrojack/tiesto/marshmello
>no spinnin records / UMF / lollabalooza
your image is outdated

maybe not danceable, but definitely grooveable. I kinda sway my head to it ya know?

This. You forgot to put the "ebic" chainsmokers